Author Topic: Teen’s Escape Leads to Discovery of 13 Victims Held Captive in Perris Home, Including Kids Chained t  (Read 10940 times)

Offline musiclady

@sneakypete

I would like to volunteer to design the "parents'" punishment-they deserve the worst. They lived on 36 acres in Texas and left in 2010 leaving behind two cars filled with garbage, the house filled with dead dogs and garbage. Two Chihuahuas survived eating feces from dirty diapers.

On neighbor child tried to play with them and the Turpin children acted afraid and went inside. They had eight kids then and bought 8 new bicycles that they parked outside and were never used by the kids, just sat out in the sun getting sun-bleached.

I haven't heard if cadaver dogs found anything.

Again raising the question...... why weren't they reported for any of that?  Dead dogs??  How many laws does that violate?  The neighbors??  Why didn't they report that the children were afraid to be out to authorities?

I don't understand the apathy that allows people to notice that something's wrong and do absolutely nothing about it.   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Again raising the question...... why weren't they reported for any of that?  Dead dogs??  How many laws does that violate?  The neighbors??  Why didn't they report that the children were afraid to be out to authorities?

I don't understand the apathy that allows people to notice that something's wrong and do absolutely nothing about it.   :shrug:
@musiclady

From what I read, after the Turpins left Texas, their property and cars were repossessed and those horrible things found. They were rather isolated on 36 acres and the neighbors hesitated to confront the "father" because he practiced his shooting in the front yard. They knew he was armed.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline verga

Based on the current age of the mother , I have to wonder if some of the younger children are not hers, but are from the father with one or several of the girls.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Based on the current age of the mother , I have to wonder if some of the younger children are not hers, but are from the father with one or several of the girls.

I read mom wanted another baby and was trying to get pregnant again. She also was applying to reality tv shows - she wanted to be the next Jon and Kate plus 8 apparently.

I think she may have been a few fries short of a happy meal.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I saw a pic of her yesterday, looking about the same as now and very preggers.  So, maybe so.

Offline musiclady

Does anyone know how old she was when they married and she had her first child?

If she was in her teens, maybe she could have children 26 years apart, but I would be at all surprised to find out the youngest ones are the result of incest.

We clearly can't understand these monsters based on normal behavior.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

From what I read, after the Turpins left Texas, their property and cars were repossessed and those horrible things found. They were rather isolated on 36 acres and the neighbors hesitated to confront the "father" because he practiced his shooting in the front yard. They knew he was armed.

Thanks for that info @austingirl .  That explains the TX thing a little better.

I still can't understand why relatives and neighbors didn't report them.  Ever.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Thanks for that info @austingirl .  That explains the TX thing a little better.

I still can't understand why relatives and neighbors didn't report them.  Ever.

@musiclady

The simpliest,and most likely,answer is that they didn't invite people over and were hostile when uninvited guests showed up. People with a lot to hide don't let people in their houses,not even relatives.

And I seriously doubt they had ANY friends. Ever. Just people they happened to be related to,and people that asshat with the Moe wig  worked with.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@musiclady

The simpliest,and most likely,answer is that they didn't invite people over and were hostile when uninvited guests showed up. People with a lot to hide don't let people in their houses,not even relatives.

And I seriously doubt they had ANY friends. Ever. Just people they happened to be related to,and people that asshat with the Moe wig  worked with.

Hermits that sit home alone, minding their own business and harming nobody, don't let people into their houses, not even relatives.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Article states mom wanted to be on reality TV.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/22/perris-parents-reality-tv-aspirations/

Wanting to be on "reality TV" is the sure mark of a loony-toons.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 04:41:44 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/22/perris-parents-reality-tv-aspirations/

@Freya

Lots of people say they want lots of things,but never make any effort to make it happen. Even being crazy it wouldn't have taken her long to figure out she would be going to prison if she opened her doors.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Wanting to be on "reality TV" is the sure mark of a loony-toons.

Spittin' out kids year after year after year after year on the say-so of "God's will" is the mark of a loony-toon.   Getting a reality show to help pay for that quiverfull is actually somewhat rational.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Wanted to share their version of "Duggar Family Values"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Spittin' out kids year after year after year after year on the say-so of "God's will" is the mark of a loony-toon.   Getting a reality show to help pay for that quiverfull is actually somewhat rational.
It is a carryover from pioneer times, when you had to have 8 in order for 4 to survive from childhood disease..

And to have enough to help with farm work, and later to care for elders.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
As opposed to the millennials' "childfree" approach where having children is someone else's problem.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

@musiclady

Turpin "parents" back in court- authorities are asking for a protective order so that the parents are unable to be in touch with the children before the trial and perhaps influence their testimony. Great idea!

The older children are in a group home and the younger children in foster care. Several couples have offered to take in all 13 since they want to remain together- but that is in the future.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 03:59:27 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As opposed to the millennials' "childfree" approach where having children is someone else's problem.

@jmyrlefuller

Or more precisely,"the children you have are someone else's problem."

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

Turpin "parents" back in court- authorities are asking for a protective order so that the parents are unable to be in touch with the children before the trial and perhaps influence their testimony. Great idea!

The older children are in a group home and the younger children in foster care. Several couples have offered to take in all 13 since they want to remain together- but that is in the future.

@austingirl

My husband and I were just discussing this, and wondered how these dear children would ever be able to be kept together after this is all over.

It's amazing that there are people who are willing to take them in.  God BLESS them!

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
@austingirl

My husband and I were just discussing this, and wondered how these dear children would ever be able to be kept together after this is all over.

It's amazing that there are people who are willing to take them in.  God BLESS them!

That would be great if they could be kept together. But on the other hand, I have to wonder if that might help or impede their emotional recovery in the short term.

I say this based on the pictures of them all dressed alike, all having identical haircuts, not being allowed to interact or play with other children or go to school, etc. (and God only knows what else if they were sexually abused). It would seem that they were so controlled and abused that they weren’t perhaps able to develop their own individual personalities.

On the other hand, a sudden separation might be additionally traumatizing to them.

It might also be very challenging for a couple to take all of them in together, especially given the age ranges - from 29 years old to 2 years old.

But certainly they shouldn’t be completely separated from one another as I imagine they likely depended on each other for the only emotional support and love and care they received, some ever and many for a very long time.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline musiclady

That would be great if they could be kept together. But on the other hand, I have to wonder if that might help or impede their emotional recovery in the short term.

I say this based on the pictures of them all dressed alike, all having identical haircuts, not being allowed to interact or play with other children or go to school, etc. (and God only knows what else if they were sexually abused). It would seem that they were so controlled and abused that they weren’t perhaps able to develop their own individual personalities.

On the other hand, a sudden separation might be additionally traumatizing to them.

It might also be very challenging for a couple to take all of them in together, especially given the age ranges - from 29 years old to 2 years old.

But certainly they shouldn’t be completely separated from one another as I imagine they likely depended on each other for the only emotional support and love and care they received, some ever and many for a very long time.

It's going to take some super skilled parenting to work through all the garbage these kids have had to deal with.  I would think that one of the first steps would be to start separating them since, as you've said, they've been so controlled and forced to be the same as each other.

I don't know much about counseling, but I would imaging that helping them think and feel as individuals would be a daunting task.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's going to take some super skilled parenting to work through all the garbage these kids have had to deal with.  I would think that one of the first steps would be to start separating them since, as you've said, they've been so controlled and forced to be the same as each other.

I don't know much about counseling, but I would imaging that helping them think and feel as individuals would be a daunting task.

I would think getting them physically healthy and feeling safe would be the first steps.  Then see how it goes.

Offline musiclady

I would think getting them physically healthy and feeling safe would be the first steps.  Then see how it goes.

I would imagine that, in and of itself, would take a very, very long time.....

Online DB

I doubt physically healthy is an option for the older children. The damage has been done.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I doubt physically healthy is an option for the older children. The damage has been done.

Sure it is.  People have been subjected to long periods of time with little food throughout history.  They frequently recover and are able to live healthily. 

Now, the older ones will probably always be tiny, height-wise, but they can become healthy. 

The state of their minds and souls is the bigger question.