Author Topic: Teen’s Escape Leads to Discovery of 13 Victims Held Captive in Perris Home, Including Kids Chained t  (Read 10961 times)

Offline musiclady

That's the sad thing, that people might have seen what was happening but said nothing.

Some one noticed and said nothing.  They had relatives, who should have known what kids their ages were supposed to look like.

Somebody just didn't care.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Maybe it was this one?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/dead-dogs-filth-and-ropes-tied-to-beds-inside-the-turpins-home-in-texas-before-they-moved-to-perris/ar-AAuWX96

One neighbor said that one year they bought 8 bikes around Christmas time, left them outside and they were never used.

It sounds like one of the children tried to escape before and was returned by a local resident.

"A deputy was called to the Turpin house in 2001 when a child was bitten by a dog, and Vinyard’s uncle called the sheriff when the couple’s three pigs got loose in 2002. But Vinyard and his wife decided not to alert authorities about suspected abuse.

“We discussed it and we didn’t want to have the repercussions with them,” Vinyard said, especially since Turpin was armed."

The deputy didn't notice anything wrong? More comments from neighbors at link.

More from that article on the 36 acre place in Texas:

“It was waist-deep in filth. There were dead dogs and cats in there,” he said, the smell “rancid.”

He found two Chihuahuas that had survived by eating waste from a mound of soiled diapers. The family’s Ford F-150 truck was heaped with the dirty diapers and empty Vienna sausage cans, he said, “It seemed like that’s all they ate.”

The couple had claimed to home-school their children, and the feces-littered living room had the trappings of a makeshift classroom, he said, including eight small desks, a chalkboard, alphabet and number signs stapled to the wall.

As he moved from room to room, he noticed something odd: “Everything had locks on it: The closet had locks, the toy chest, the refrigerator.”

“There were no beds, just mattresses,” he said, and “There wasn’t a place in that house that wasn’t filthy.”

Just mind-blowing.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
You don't recall any other problems with the Pinto?

Yes they were made in NJ, that's why they were explosive
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Back on topic, I heard these children kept diaries, and the few law people- police- lawyers who read them said they gave them nightmares.

I apologize to the mods for going off topic. This story really upsets me. I hope theskids can recover.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

@verga Below is your comment I was mostly responding.  Perhaps you did not mean it to sound as though no one is qualified to teach their own child unless they have a teaching degree.
@RoosGirl @frankcannon All 50 states require a teaching license to teach in a public school system. Approximately 10 of them offer alternative licensing methods. Frankie was shooting his mouth off so I invited him to get a job at a school system to show me how to do my job better. If you had read my initial post you would have seen that I support what ever works best for each child and family. I personally don't care if it is public, private, parochial, homeschooling, charter school, or military academy. WHAT EVER WORKS BEST FOR EACH CHILD AND FAMILY.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

Hey teach. You might as well back away and give up on this thread. Your jackassery is on display with you insulting homeschoolers (which I am not nor ever have been) and when a homeschooler calls you out for your nonsense, you claim you didn't say it. LOL. You are proving my original statement about teachers with every subsequent post you make on this thread.
Keep talking little man maybe it makes you feel better about your other emmm deficits.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl @frankcannon All 50 states require a teaching license to teach in a public school system. Approximately 10 of them offer alternative licensing methods. Frankie was shooting his mouth off so I invited him to get a job at a school system to show me how to do my job better. If you had read my initial post you would have seen that I support what ever works best for each child and family. I personally don't care if it is public, private, parochial, homeschooling, charter school, or military academy. WHAT EVER WORKS BEST FOR EACH CHILD AND FAMILY.

I read all of what you said.  It was the part where you said you had invited "countless other homeschool advocates" to get their license like you had that makes it seem like you don't really mean that others should do whatever works for them.  Anyway, it's neither here nor there with respect to the article.

Offline musiclady

On the subject...

Cops may bring in cadaver dogs to see if any dead children are buried on the property....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/21/cops-may-bring-in-cadaver-dogs-to-search-for-possible-remains-other-children-at-calif-house-horrors.html

It keeps getting worse.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Back on topic, I heard these children kept diaries, and the few law people- police- lawyers who read them said they gave them nightmares.

I apologize to the mods for going off topic. This story really upsets me. I hope theskids can recover.

The younger ones might.   I don't know how the older ones ever can.  They have never known normal.

Offline Frank Cannon

Keep talking little man maybe it makes you feel better about your other emmm deficits.

LOL. [Nope] I love that it gets you out of joint that I have no respect for what you do. Keep posting your long winded go nowhere posts to remind me why I disregard what you have to say as nitwittery. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to spin a roulette wheel to see which of my many maid cleaned bathrooms I'm going to take a shit in.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:54:32 am by MOD8 »

Offline musiclady

This is a serious thread.  Can we keep it on topic, please??????

Offline Frank Cannon

This is a serious thread.  Can we keep it on topic, please??????

Talk to #Verga about it. We were on topic talking about Pintos and he has to posts non sequiturs to pump up his deflated ego.

Offline MOD8

Alright, that's quite enough.  Back on topic.  If you need help remembering what that is, view the subject line.

Offline austingirl

Thanks to the Mods who are trying to keep this thread on topic. I looked for updates today and found nothing. I hope that the information in the children's journals seals the fate of the "parents." I read that they found two living, healthy, trained, well-nourished dogs, Maltese, this time rather than dead dogs left found in their Texas home.

Also read that the older boys were in on planning their escape as well. The kids are closely bonded and want to remain together.

Offline anubias

I’ve read the girl who escaped called 911.  I haven’t read how she did this.  Since a child escaped in the past, but was returned home by a neighbor, I’d think the children would be leery of going to a neighbor again.

Offline austingirl

I’ve read the girl who escaped called 911.  I haven’t read how she did this.  Since a child escaped in the past, but was returned home by a neighbor, I’d think the children would be leery of going to a neighbor again.
@anubias

She took a deactivated cell phone she found in the house. I guess 911 still works on those. Didn't realize that. The incident of running away happened back in Texas pre-2010.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

I read that the 17 year old took a cell phone from the home. It may not have been an active phone, but even so, as long as it has a charge, you can still use it to call 9-11.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline anubias

@anubias

She took a deactivated cell phone she found in the house. I guess 911 still works on those. Didn't realize that. The incident of running away happened back in Texas pre-2010.

Thank you @austingirl  That was smart of them; although I’m surprised they had access to such a phone.  The parents must not have realized one can call 911 on a deactivated phone or the kids hid the phone well.

This gives me hope that at least some of them still have a higher brain function than I was afraid they would have due to long term starvation.

Offline musiclady

Thanks to the Mods who are trying to keep this thread on topic. I looked for updates today and found nothing. I hope that the information in the children's journals seals the fate of the "parents." I read that they found two living, healthy, trained, well-nourished dogs, Maltese, this time rather than dead dogs left found in their Texas home.

Also read that the older boys were in on planning their escape as well. The kids are closely bonded and want to remain together.

Any word on the use of cadaver dogs that was reported earlier?  I sure hope that all the children survived. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@austingirl

They had/have homes in Texas and in another state,too?

I can't follow this too much. I really,really,REALLY want to hurt those adults.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@anubias

@austingirl

Yup,911 always works,as long as there is a battery or the phone is plugged in. I read years ago that was a requirement the FCC put on cell phones when they were first put on the market.

IIRC,there is even at least one organization that collects old cell phones and gives them to people with health issues and not much money that live alone.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
California torture house: Louise Turpin’s sister said sibling experimented with religion, sex

by Kalhan Rosenblatt

It was later in their lives that the California parents accused of torturing their 13 children began experimenting with different religions and started to “sow those wild oats” with bizarre sexual exploration, according to a family member.

In an interview on NBC's "Megyn Kelly Today," Teresa Robinette, described how her sister, Louise Anna Turpin, seemed to live an idyllic life with her husband, David Allen Turpin, at first in Texas and later in California, before it came to light that the couple had allegedly choked, tortured and starved their children.

She also described how many of her relatives, including Louise Turpin and herself, were sexually abused by a close family member.

Robinette, who has been in touch with detectives but has not yet spoken with her nieces and nephews, recalled how David Turpin appeared to have some wealth and kept the family in good homes and cars and kept season passes to Disneyland.

snip

article worth reading.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-torture-house-louise-turpin-s-sister-said-sibling-experimented-n839806
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

The fact that these demons claimed that it was God who told them to have more children makes it even more infuriating.

Offline austingirl

@austingirl

They had/have homes in Texas and in another state,too?

I can't follow this too much. I really,really,REALLY want to hurt those adults.

@sneakypete

I would like to volunteer to design the "parents'" punishment-they deserve the worst. They lived on 36 acres in Texas and left in 2010 leaving behind two cars filled with garbage, the house filled with dead dogs and garbage. Two Chihuahuas survived eating feces from dirty diapers.

On neighbor child tried to play with them and the Turpin children acted afraid and went inside. They had eight kids then and bought 8 new bicycles that they parked outside and were never used by the kids, just sat out in the sun getting sun-bleached.

I haven't heard if cadaver dogs found anything.

Offline austingirl

California torture house: Louise Turpin’s sister said sibling experimented with religion, sex

by Kalhan Rosenblatt

It was later in their lives that the California parents accused of torturing their 13 children began experimenting with different religions and started to “sow those wild oats” with bizarre sexual exploration, according to a family member.

In an interview on NBC's "Megyn Kelly Today," Teresa Robinette, described how her sister, Louise Anna Turpin, seemed to live an idyllic life with her husband, David Allen Turpin, at first in Texas and later in California, before it came to light that the couple had allegedly choked, tortured and starved their children.

She also described how many of her relatives, including Louise Turpin and herself, were sexually abused by a close family member.

Robinette, who has been in touch with detectives but has not yet spoken with her nieces and nephews, recalled how David Turpin appeared to have some wealth and kept the family in good homes and cars and kept season passes to Disneyland.

snip

article worth reading.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-torture-house-louise-turpin-s-sister-said-sibling-experimented-n839806

Even more disturbing details in that article. **nononono*
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 10:48:59 pm by austingirl »