Author Topic: Teen’s Escape Leads to Discovery of 13 Victims Held Captive in Perris Home, Including Kids Chained t  (Read 10945 times)

Offline verga

I homeschool, but apparently since I only have an engineering degree I'm not qualified.
@RoosGirl Never said that, but don't let the fats get in your way.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

LOL!   When you boast about your wealth/success in a response to @vergo, who was merely explaining her experience/education credentials,

you diminish yourself greatly, while providing a glimpse of your insecurities to everyone here.

And this isn't the first time.   Did the same thing to me a month ago, stomping your feet and bragging about your 'wealth'.

**nononono*
@DCPatriot Thank you for the support, but for the record I am 100% USDA APPROVED male, at least I still was the last time I checked.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon
I’m an engineer and work for a very large company with hundreds of engineers...while it’s true most of us are conservative....like everywhere else, you can find every sort of freakshow walking our floors!

@Axeslinger

Lol, makes sense these days.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl Never said that, but don't let the fats get in your way.

@verga Below is your comment I was mostly responding.  Perhaps you did not mean it to sound as though no one is qualified to teach their own child unless they have a teaching degree.

But rather than allowing you to embarrass yourself further let me make the same offer that I have made countless times to your fellow homeschooling advocates over on TOS: Come on in the water is fine, show me how to do my job better. Get a teaching degree, do your student teaching, find someone that feels you have what it takes to reach a classroom full of mini yous and dive right in.

Offline Frank Cannon

The only problem I ever saw with them was the base car could get you sea sick on a road with high and low places because of the short wheelbase,but get a station wagon and that disappeared.

You don't recall any other problems with the Pinto?

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon Frankie Frankie Frankie, I didn't say you were a homeschooler, I said you were a homeschooling ADVOCATE. See you silly little man they are two different things. BTW I have tried to see things from you myopic (that means nearsighted) point of view, but i just can't seem to get my head that far up my butt.

So listen I, and everyone else reading this thread, noticed that you dodged the request: Come on in, the waters warm. Get your teaching degree and show me how to do it better.

The fact is that you and the rest of the homeschooling ADVOCATES (I capitalized it in a meager hope that you won't miss it this time) wouldn't last a New York minute in any classroom,much less an inner city one. So my very best advice it to STFU and go sit in the corner and thank your lucky stars that there are people like me willing to attempt to educate the fruits of your loins.

Hey teach. You might as well back away and give up on this thread. Your jackassery is on display with you insulting homeschoolers (which I am not nor ever have been) and when a homeschooler calls you out for your nonsense, you claim you didn't say it. LOL. You are proving my original statement about teachers with every subsequent post you make on this thread.

Offline Mod1

Hi everybody!   :seeya:

This thread has wandered so far off the original topic in its 150+ posts, I don't know if it's possible to ever get it back on track.  I suspected this would happen as soon as the subject of Home Schooling effectively hijacked the thread.

Let's get back to discussing the 13 children who were kept as prisoners in their own home...

This is my first and final warning.

Thank you for your attention!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot Thank you for the support, but for the record I am 100% USDA APPROVED male, at least I still was the last time I checked.

LOL!   Well, ...sure glad we can get that straightened out!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Which goes to prove, distinctive gender identity is important.

It’s unsettling talking to someone and can’t tell if they are male or female. I don’t mean just here, in real life situations, too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You don't recall any other problems with the Pinto?

@Frank Cannon

No. I do remember (I think it was on NBC) a news special about exploding Pinto and GM pickup gas tanks,but that was mostly bullbush. I personally knew a dozen or more people that owned Pintos and drove them for over 100k miles that never had any trouble,and I am not PERSONALLY aware of even ONE single gas tank explosion. Yeah,I know,a law firm and/or NBC hired a research team to find multiple gas tank explosion in Pintos that were rear-ended,but find it odd that they couldn't seem to find a similar percentage of rear end collision gas tank explosions with Vegas,Omnis,and even bigger cars. They didn't because they didn't look or want to know,and they didn't want to know because it was Ford they filed their multi-billion dollar class action law suit against. Finding explosions in other cars would have weakened their case.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Oceander

@Frank Cannon

No. I do remember (I think it was on NBC) a news special about exploding Pinto and GM pickup gas tanks,but that was mostly bullbush. I personally knew a dozen or more people that owned Pintos and drove them for over 100k miles that never had any trouble,and I am not PERSONALLY aware of even ONE single gas tank explosion. Yeah,I know,a law firm and/or NBC hired a research team to find multiple gas tank explosion in Pintos that were rear-ended,but find it odd that they couldn't seem to find a similar percentage of rear end collision gas tank explosions with Vegas,Omnis,and even bigger cars. They didn't because they didn't look or want to know,and they didn't want to know because it was Ford they filed their multi-billion dollar class action law suit against. Finding explosions in other cars would have weakened their case.

Finding explosions in other cars wouldn’t have weakened their case, but it would have been a colossal waste of time and effort because it wouldn’t have yielded admissible evidence. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Finding explosions in other cars wouldn’t have weakened their case, but it would have been a colossal waste of time and effort because it wouldn’t have yielded admissible evidence.

@Oceander

I understand your points,but it would have weakened the class action case against the Pinto because you can't prove Ford is guilty of negligence if every other car manufacturer has similar problems. AFAIK,the "tripwire" is proving gross negligence leading to the loss of human lives,and it's not gross negligence if it happens all the time with everyone's cars.

And let's face it,cars are not designed to have other cars rear-end them at speed.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Oceander

@Oceander

I understand your points,but it would have weakened the class action case against the Pinto because you can't prove Ford is guilty of negligence if every other car manufacturer has similar problems. AFAIK,the "tripwire" is proving gross negligence leading to the loss of human lives,and it's not gross negligence if it happens all the time with everyone's cars.

And let's face it,cars are not designed to have other cars rear-end them at speed.

Nonsense.  Just because other cars also explode does not mean that Ford was any the less negligent in designing the Pinto.  In fact, it could have shown that they were grossly negligent in selling the thing at all if all small cars exploded, because selling a product with a known defect like that is, at best, negligent, if not an intentional tort.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/01/18/article-2018-01-18-turpins-charged-with-torture-child-abuse-false-imprisonment/

LOS ANGELES — (CWD) — Sources familiar with the investigation tell Crime Watch Daily with Chris Hansen that Riverside County Sheriff's Homicide Detectives are in serious discussions to send cadaver dogs to the Turpin residence. Authorities want to know if it’s possible that there may have been other children. Those discussions also include performing DNA tests to determine if all of the children are related. The Sheriff's Department would not confirm this information to "Crime Watch Daily."

I wonder if the DNA tests (if true) would be for another reason.

**nononono*
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/01/18/article-2018-01-18-turpins-charged-with-torture-child-abuse-false-imprisonment/

**nononono*

I wondered about that.  Since the rescued children were so poorly fed, did others not make it? 

And, they do look remarkable similar, but who knows?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I am curious how they avoided detection, in multiple residences, for many years, in two states, by relatives, neighbors, employers, law enforcement, school authorities, members of their religious congregations, and so forth.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

No. I do remember (I think it was on NBC) a news special about exploding Pinto and GM pickup gas tanks,but that was mostly bullbush.

NBC did the fake GM truck blowing up. Pintos actually did blow up. I don't know where you were but it was a big effing deal. The lawsuits and bad PR hurt the hell out of Ford for a long time....

Lee Iacocca's Pinto: A fiery failure

http://www.autonews.com/article/20030616/SUB/306160770/lee-iacoccas-pinto%3A-a-fiery-failure

On June 9, 1978, Ford agreed to recall 1.5 million Ford Pinto and 30,000 Mercury Bobcat sedan and hatchback models. Iacocca was fired the following month.

It was too late to save Ford's reputation. Ford customers filed 117 lawsuits, according to Peter Wyden in The Unknown Iacocca. A 1979 landmark case, Indiana vs. Ford Motor Co., made the automaker the first U.S. corporation indicted and prosecuted on criminal homicide charges.

Online mountaineer

I am curious how they avoided detection, in multiple residences, for many years, in two states, by relatives, neighbors, employers, law enforcement, school authorities, members of their religious congregations, and so forth.
That's the sad thing, that people might have seen what was happening but said nothing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's the sad thing, that people might have seen what was happening but said nothing.

It's the way neighborhoods are these days...people don't know each other.  I've lived in this neighborhood for 20 years, and I only know the guy on one side of me.  The other side is a rental and I don't know them ever.  We knew one other set of neighbors, but my wife got mad at them for being pushy, so basically I don't know anybody anymore.

Everybody's strangers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

**nononono*

I wonder if the two year old was the offspring of one of the daughters, but maybe they were so poorly nourished they couldn't carry a child to term. The "father" is already charged with a sexual offense. I'll be following this story until the Turpin "parents" get their just desserts. My heart aches for those children.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline musiclady

I wonder if the two year old was the offspring of one of the daughters, but maybe they were so poorly nourished they couldn't carry a child to term. The "father" is already charged with a sexual offense. I'll be following this story until the Turpin "parents" get their just desserts. My heart aches for those children.

That's a possibility, @austingirl .  If the father sexually abused one of the daughters, it's entirely possible that he impregnated her, or another.

If she matured before the most serious abuse began, she might have been healthy enough to bear a child.

These people need to be punished to the max.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline berdie

I read an article today that the neighbors in Texas suspected something was off kilter...but said nothing. How tragic.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
@Cyber Liberty
"I've lived in this neighborhood for 20 years, and I only know the guy on one side of me."

I have gotten to know a lot of our neighbors by name.  You do not go in the front yard to garden.  That's pretty much when you meet neighbors, and have a small chat with them.  In the summer, it is more like "Hi" because it is so darned hot!

Everyone is pretty friendly here.

"We knew one other set of neighbors, but my wife got mad at them for being pushy..."

They wanted me to spy on the renters.  Ummm, nope.

****slapping
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline ConservativeGranny

I read an article today that the neighbors in Texas suspected something was off kilter...but said nothing. How tragic.

Maybe it was this one?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/dead-dogs-filth-and-ropes-tied-to-beds-inside-the-turpins-home-in-texas-before-they-moved-to-perris/ar-AAuWX96

One neighbor said that one year they bought 8 bikes around Christmas time, left them outside and they were never used.

It sounds like one of the children tried to escape before and was returned by a local resident.

"A deputy was called to the Turpin house in 2001 when a child was bitten by a dog, and Vinyard’s uncle called the sheriff when the couple’s three pigs got loose in 2002. But Vinyard and his wife decided not to alert authorities about suspected abuse.

“We discussed it and we didn’t want to have the repercussions with them,” Vinyard said, especially since Turpin was armed."

The deputy didn't notice anything wrong? More comments from neighbors at link.

Offline berdie

Maybe it was this one?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/dead-dogs-filth-and-ropes-tied-to-beds-inside-the-turpins-home-in-texas-before-they-moved-to-perris/ar-AAuWX96

One neighbor said that one year they bought 8 bikes around Christmas time, left them outside and they were never used.

It sounds like one of the children tried to escape before and was returned by a local resident

"A deputy was called to the Turpin house in 2001 when a child was bitten by a dog, and Vinyard’s uncle called the sheriff when the couple’s three pigs got loose in 2002. But Vinyard and his wife decided not to alert authorities about suspected abuse.

“We discussed it and we didn’t want to have the repercussions with them,” Vinyard said, especially since Turpin was armed."

The deputy didn't notice anything wrong? More comments from neighbors at link.

Yes that is the article @ConservativeGranny . As sad as it is...hind sight is 20/20.  I know that I would be beating myself up today.