Author Topic: Lindsey Graham dings GOP senators for not remembering Trump's 'shithole' comment  (Read 963 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lindsey Graham dings GOP senators for not remembering Trump's 'shithole' comment
by Melissa Quinn | Jan 15, 2018, 1:11 PM

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., took a dig at fellow Republican senators David Perdue of Georgia and Tom Cotton of Arkansas over their denial that President Trump called Haiti, El Salvador, and African nations “shithole countries.”

“My memory hasn’t evolved,” Graham told the Post and Courier. “I know what was said, and I know what I said.”

Graham, Perdue, and Cotton were among a bipartisan group of senators that attended an Oval Office meeting with Trump last week to discuss a potential immigration deal. During the meeting, the president reportedly referred to other nations as “shithole countries,” which he has denied.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lindsey-graham-dings-gop-senators-for-not-remembering-trumps-shithole-comment/article/2645960
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Gee, Lindsey do you remember this?

“The people coming across the southern border live in hellholes. They don’t like that. They want to come here. Our problem is we can’t have everybody in the world who lives in a hellhole come to America.”

You should...YOU SAID IT IN 2013!

Online mountaineer

What a nitwit Graham is.  :nono:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Lindsey so wants to be liked by demoncRATS that he'll sell whatever is left of his integrity to get it.

Anyone who puts an iota of confidence in what he or Durbin is claiming, based on their respective histories, needs their heads examined.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Lindsey so wants to be liked by demoncRATS that he'll sell whatever is left of his integrity to get it.

Anyone who puts an iota of confidence in what he or Durbin is claiming, based on their respective histories, needs their heads examined.
I wonder if Graham, Flake and a few other so called republicans will join their buddies on the demonrat side that are going to boycott Trump's STOU speech? So far it seems to be working up to be one of the more pleasant STOU's with the prospect of all those ignorant hate filled faces removed.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Who cares what was said?  Trump supporters know what he meant, and take no offense since t was very accurate.

Trump opponents take offense at almost anything. If even the slightest race implication can be drawn, then draw it they do.

Pelosi, Durban come to mind. Form over substance.

SOME #nevertrumpers at this site usually quickly join with Pelosi, Durbin, Romney and Graham to oppose most of what this President does.

And another Kabuki dance ensues which ought to be good for a few hundred posts.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What a nitwit Graham is.  :nono:

I'm thinking about moving to South Carolina just so I can vote against Lindsey Graham!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

I'm thinking about moving to South Carolina just so I can vote against Lindsey Graham!

What a s***head Lindsey is.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I wonder if Graham, Flake and a few other so called republicans will join their buddies on the demonrat side that are going to boycott Trump's STOU speech? So far it seems to be working up to be one of the more pleasant STOU's with the prospect of all those ignorant hate filled faces removed.

Well, you can bet Sheila Graham Lee will be there in an aisle seat and unless Trump spots her and ducks quickly, she will try to hug him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Who cares what was said?  Trump supporters know what he meant, and take no offense since t was very accurate.

Trump opponents take offense at almost anything. If even the slightest race implication can be drawn, then draw it they do.

Pelosi, Durban come to mind. Form over substance.

SOME #nevertrumpers at this site usually quickly join with Pelosi, Durbin, Romney and Graham to oppose most of what this President does.

And another Kabuki dance ensues which ought to be good for a few hundred posts.

Yeah, we need to watch it.  Mystery is at her wits end with us and I don't blame her.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online mountaineer

Well, you can bet Sheila Graham Lee will be there in an aisle seat and unless Trump spots her and ducks quickly, she will try to hug him.
:silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

If you value your life you will NEVER get between SJL and a camera!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

That part of Lindsay's memory might not have evolved but the part where he assured us that border security would be an integral part of the deal he and the other 5 clowns would send to Trump sure has.

Offline cato potatoe

This does add more weight to the reports.  Perdue and Cotton may be terrified of their constituents.  Two senators are lying either way, and by some accounts, Trump can't seem to remember what he said fifteen minutes ago.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Exempting this whole 'shithole' situation - would you please provide us all here with quotes to back up your claim that members on this site 'quickly join Pelosi, Durbin, Romney and Graham' in regards to opposing MOST of what Trump has actually DONE?

I don't read agreement on policy with Pelosi and Durbin from members here on this board (save for perhaps one), while most of what policy concepts fly out of the maw of Grahamnesty and Romney are indistinguishable from what Pelosi or Durbin promote as policy.

So, can we have the quotes please from members who quickly join with Pelosi, Durbin, Romney and Graham on government policy?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Concerned

I found it odd that both Cotton and Perdue would issue a statement the day after the meeting that they didn’t recall whether Trump said it or not and then yesterday were suddenly able to remember that he didn’t say it.  That really sounds disingenuous to me.   Now, of course, I hear reporting that some are making a distinction between “sh**hole” and “sh**house”.  The reporting is the President actually said the later but not the former.  If that's actually what the President said, there's no material difference IMO and certainly not a “gross misrepresentation” as stated by Perdue. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Now, of course, I hear reporting that some are making a distinction between “sh**hole” and “sh**house”.  The reporting is the President actually said the later but not the former.  If that's actually what the President said, there's no material difference IMO and certainly not a “gross misrepresentation” as stated by Perdue.

Sure it is.  Hole and house aren’t the same thing, so that’s a misrepresentation.  Besides, sh** is gross.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline anubias

Which is worse, hellhole or shithole?  After giving it some thought, I’d rather fall into a shithole than a hellhole.  One can escape shit, but when one falls into hell, one generally doesn’t escape its clutches.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:03:44 pm by anubias »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Take a casket full of dead relatives with you.  You are gonna need a lot of help at the polls.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Take a casket full of dead relatives with you.  You are gonna need a lot of help at the polls.

Chelsea Manning should have run in SC instead of MD.  A lot of votes could be captured through mistaken identity.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

Which is worse, hellhole or shithole?  After giving it some thought, I’d rather fall into a shithole than a hellhole.  One can escape shit, but when one falls into hell, one generally doesn’t escape its clutches.

Graham's implication was Haitian and African immigrants are evil. From hell.

Trump only insinuated they might smell badly.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Trotting out the old "deplorable Briefers" trope again, are we?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trotting out the old "deplorable Briefers" trope again, are we?

I already asked him to provide us with evidence of Briefers always quickly joining Pelosi, Durbin, Romney and Graham on policy beyond this current 'shithole' circus.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I already asked him to provide us with evidence of Briefers always quickly joining Pelosi, Durbin, Romney and Graham on policy beyond this current 'shithole' circus.

I hope you're not holding your breath (I know as well as you do there are none to be found).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline anubias

Graham's implication was Haitian and African immigrants are evil. From hell.

Trump only insinuated they might smell badly.

:thumbsup: