Author Topic: Worker who sent out Hawaii missile alert is reassigned  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Worker who sent out Hawaii missile alert is reassigned
« on: January 15, 2018, 04:18:23 pm »
Worker who sent out Hawaii missile alert is reassigned
NY Post, Jan 14, 2018, Max Jaeger

The Hawaii public employee who plunged the state into chaos by accidentally sending out an incoming-missile emergency alert Saturday has been reassigned, according to reports.

The unnamed emergency department worker will not be fired because he made an honest mistake, Hawaii Emergency Management Agency spokesman Richard Rapoza told the Washington Post.

“Part of the problem was it was too easy — for anyone — to make such a big mistake,” Rapoza said. “We have to make sure that we’re not looking for retribution, but we should be fixing the problems in the system. … I know that it’s a very, very difficult situation for him.”

More:  https://nypost.com/2018/01/14/worker-who-sent-out-hawaii-missile-alert-re-assigned/

Offline dfwgator

Re: Worker who sent out Hawaii missile alert is reassigned
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 04:19:08 pm »
Trump needs to order a full investigation on this.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 04:21:35 pm »
I don't know .. it seems to me this is the perfect time for a little career counseling:  This is obviously not the place for you.  Here's a very generous severance package and six pre-paid visits to the Happy Outplacement Company.  Use both wisely.  As soon as you leave, we're changing all the locks, computer accesses and will shoot to do more than wound if you show your face here again.

Have a nice day.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 04:21:38 pm »

Apparently a "full investigation" is underway:

“It obviously caused panic in this case, but also, very importantly, most people are familiar with the story of ‘The Boy Who Cried Wolf’, FCC Chairman Ajit Pai told FOX & Friends on Monday. “The worst thing, going forward, would be for these false alerts to undermine public confidence in the wireless emergency alerting system because, when a real emergency hits, you want people to take that information seriously.”

Pai said the FCC is working with FEMA, elected officials and Hawaii Emergency Management Agency staff as part of their “full investigation” to figure out what went wrong Saturday."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/15/hawaiis-false-missile-alert-fcc-chief-warns-about-boy-who-cried-wolf-effect.html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 04:22:23 pm »
I don't know .. it seems to me this is the perfect time for a little career counseling:  This is obviously not the place for you.  Here's a very generous severance package and six pre-paid visits to the Happy Outplacement Company.  Use both wisely.  As soon as you leave, we're changing all the locks, computer accesses and will shoot to do more than wound if you show your face here again.

Have a nice day.

PS CNN has openings.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 04:23:17 pm »

Have a nice day.

He needs to be in the same unemployment line as that Saints' defensive back.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 04:28:57 pm »
Maybe it's just the conspiracy theorist inside my head, or maybe it's the spirit of the times, but am I the only one wondering if this was really an accident... or a deliberate act by someone with a political axe to grind?  *hmmmm*
Let it burn.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 04:32:51 pm »
Maybe it's just the conspiracy theorist inside my head, or maybe it's the spirit of the times, but am I the only one wondering if this was really an accident... or a deliberate act by someone with a political axe to grind?  *hmmmm*

A Republican trying to make the Democratic governor and/or his head of emergency management look bad?  Doubtful to me.

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 04:48:04 pm »
A Republican trying to make the Democratic governor and/or his head of emergency management look bad?  Doubtful to me.

I was thinking a Democrat trying to make the current administration look bad... after all "it's their fault that our relationship with North Korea is so bad!", etc.

Or maybe just a prankster or anarchist-type trying to sow chaos...  or just a plain old nut job.   :shrug:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:50:26 pm by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 04:48:56 pm »
Has he been reassigned to manning that Russia reset button?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 04:49:26 pm »

I wondered that too. More of the divide and conquer confuse them with BS tactic that has worked so well for the bad guys so far.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 04:50:19 pm »
I was thinking a Democrat trying to make the current administration look bad... after all "it's their fault that our relationship with North Korea is so bad!", etc.

I think this incident was clearly a state issue, and a failure of proper procedures and safe guards at the state level which is led by a Democrat.  The head of the state’s emergency management organization, Vern Miyagi took responsibility and said:  "We made a mistake,” and the Democratic Governor apologized and promised action:  "I am sorry for the pain and confusion it caused. I, too, am extremely upset about this and am doing everything I can do to immediately improve our emergency management systems, procedures and staffing." 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 04:56:04 pm »
I think this incident was clearly a state issue, and a failure of proper procedures and safe guards at the state level which is led by a Democrat.  The head of the state’s emergency management organization, Vern Miyagi took responsibility and said:  "We made a mistake,” and the Democratic Governor apologized and promised action:  "I am sorry for the pain and confusion it caused. I, too, am extremely upset about this and am doing everything I can do to immediately improve our emergency management systems, procedures and staffing."

Yeah, add more bureacrats, that will fix the problem.

Maybe I should apply for the job. I have practical experience in handling Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical (NBC) situations. However, that was 40 years ago...lol.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:58:03 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 05:05:26 pm »

Yes, clearly it was a state issue.  That didn't stop the libtards in the twit-verse from blaming Trump, did it?
Let it burn.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 05:06:37 pm »

Was Pearl Harbor a "State Issue"?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 05:12:23 pm »
Yes, clearly it was a state issue.  That didn't stop the libtards in the twit-verse from blaming Trump, did it?

I believe the attempts to blame Trump have been fairly isolated and largely rebuffed especially when state officials say it was a state problem, their mistake, and they apologized for it.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 05:12:34 pm »

No.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 07:05:27 pm »
I hope he was "reassigned" to emptying trash cans or raking leaves, something a little less dangerous.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2018, 07:43:44 pm »
I hope he was "reassigned" to emptying trash cans or raking leaves, something a little less dangerous.

I'm sure he issued a sincere "Sorry 'bout that, brah."

Online mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 08:44:06 pm »
 Federalist Musket‏ @Patriot_Musket

For any of you who demand job security, I recommend applying to Hawaiian Civil Defense.
11:13 AM - 15 Jan 2018
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2018, 01:33:41 am »
Ghost Bear wrote:
"Maybe it's just the conspiracy theorist inside my head, or maybe it's the spirit of the times, but am I the only one wondering if this was really an accident... or a deliberate act by someone with a political axe to grind?  *hmmmm*"

Methinks you be gettin' a little too close to da truth!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 02:37:17 am »
Yeah, add more bureacrats, that will fix the problem.

Maybe I should apply for the job. I have practical experience in handling Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical (NBC) situations. However, that was 40 years ago...lol.

Was this your job?

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 02:41:20 am »
I have practical experience in handling Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical (NBC) situations.

Ever work at Edgewood Arsenal?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 01:22:47 pm »

Of course not. Hawaii didn't become a state in 1959.

Trivium: an attack on Hawaii wouldn't trigger NATO Article 5 obligations.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2018, 01:24:03 pm »

It's important to involve the feds in state issues. Federalism is still gasping for breath and it must be suffocated.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn