Author Topic: TRUMP MISQUOTES HIMSELF WHILE CLAIMING WALL STREET JOURNAL MISQUOTED HIM ABOUT KIM JONG UN  (Read 2228 times)

Offline aligncare

Perhaps I should go on a 3AM Twitter rampage against your mockery.  Oh wait, I actually don't care, but your guy does.

A president appointing conservatives to the judiciary (many more than just Gorsuch), slashing onerous federal regulations, pushing action on sane immigration policies, and signing legislation to allow folks to keep more of their own money should be proclaimed as your guy, too. Unless you’re just giving us lip service about your conservative bona fides.

Offline Applewood

His detractors told us from the very beginning it would be a mistake to elect Donald Trump. I see from the daily barrage of ginned up outrage they’re working very hard to make it so.

And Trump supporters are very touchy about any comment that is less than adoration for their hero,    Every less than fawning comment means those who don't approve of every burp that comes out of Trump's mouth must be these evil anarchists trying to overthrow the government.  There always has to be some ulterior motive behind every critical comment.  I can assure them there is not.

Maybe it's time Trump supporters stop listening to overblown conspiracy theories and just accept the fact that not everyone is going to fall on their knees to worship their hero.  To my knowledge, freedom of speech still exists in this country and if I have something to say that displeases the Trump fans, so be it.  Until and unless Trump supporters take that right away, I'm going to say what I think.  So stop whining, grow up and just live with it.

Offline skeeter

And Trump supporters are very touchy about any comment that is less than adoration for their hero,    Every less than fawning comment means those who don't approve of every burp that comes out of Trump's mouth must be these evil anarchists trying to overthrow the government.  There always has to be some ulterior motive behind every critical comment.  I can assure them there is not.

Maybe it's time Trump supporters stop listening to overblown conspiracy theories and just accept the fact that not everyone is going to fall on their knees to worship their hero.  To my knowledge, freedom of speech still exists in this country and if I have something to say that displeases the Trump fans, so be it.  Until and unless Trump supporters take that right away, I'm going to say what I think.  So stop whining, grow up and just live with it.

Physician heal thyself.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
A president appointing conservatives to the judiciary (many more than just Gorsuch), slashing onerous federal regulations, pushing action on sane immigration policies, and signing legislation to allow folks to keep more of their own money should be proclaimed as your guy, too. Unless you’re just giving us lip service about your conservative bona fides.

The only reason we have Gorsuch is because the Senate wouldn't hold a vote on Garland.
They rolled a hard 7 and got lucky on the election result.  Trump doesn't even have a Schoolhouse Rock understanding of what happens in government.  Someone gave him a SC nominee list, pointed to the name on the top and said, "That guy."  He said, "OK, he'll be the greatest judge ever."

An important post court of appeals nominee is an oil company lawyer and part time magistrate in Roswell.  Three of the latest judiciary appointees were previous Obama nominees.  Two more were connected to people in the admin and one of those was embarrassingly unqualified.  Yet another withdrew after 2015 comments were discovered saying trans people were part of Satan's plan.  Impressive vetting.  Just because they got confirmed under the 'right guy' doesn't mean they're qualified or will make the best rulings.

The tax bill is fine, but it could have been much better.  They rushed it through under the gun and had to scrap a couple nice provisions due to sloppiness and not meeting parliamentary requirements.  It was either ineptitude or sabotage.  In any case, Trump was willing to sign anything so he could finally have a 'win' instead of waiting for the better deal.  That's been reinforced by his comments at the immigration conference.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:26:42 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Applewood

The only reason we have Gorsuch is because the Senate wouldn't hold a vote on Garland.
They rolled a hard 7 and got lucky on the election result.  Trump doesn't even have a Schoolhouse Rock understanding of what happens in government.  Someone gave him a SC nominee list, pointed to the name on the top and said, "That guy."  He said, "OK, he'll be the greatest judge ever."

An important post court of appeals nominee is an oil company lawyer and part time magistrate in Roswell.  Three of the latest judiciary appointees were previous Obama nominees.  Two more were connected to people in the admin and one of those was embarrassingly unqualified.  Yet another withdrew after 2015 comments were discovered saying trans people were part of Satan's plan.  Impressive vetting.  Just because they got confirmed under the 'right guy' doesn't mean they're qualified or will make the best rulings.

The tax bill is fine, but it could have been much better.  They rushed it through under the gun and had to scrap a couple nice provisions due to sloppiness and not meeting parliamentary requirements.  It was either ineptitude or sabotage.  In any case, Trump was willing to sign anything so he could finally have a 'win' instead of waiting for the better deal.  That's been reinforced by his comments at the immigration conference.

:thumbsup:

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Trump lies as easily as he breathes.

Technically, a misquote is not a lie. Being wrong is different from lying.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@aligncare
I fought against him up until shortly before the general election.   However, now he is our President and has made policy changes, judicial nominees and other actions which are far far better then expected. 

yes he's colorful and embarrassing but he has given us no indication he will sell this country out from under us.

Exactly, @driftdiver    :laugh:

All my life, in business and playing baseball (sports)...success comes from focus and dedication to goals.  RESULTS ORIENTED.

And just as in business and team sports, sometimes we deal with abnormal personality types because their money is green...or they can split the gap to the wall on a bounce with RISP. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trumpers, you know the drill.  Your hero is in deny mode. Don't yet switch to "it was brilliant" mode yet, despite him releasing proof he said it.

OH, yeah, baby. 

I know the drill.  Your happy little fingers could not wait to get over here and post something REALLY inconsequential because you think it makes Trump look bad.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

Trump announced around 50 judges by September 15, 2017, more than that of any recent president at that point in their presidency. There are still 120 vacancies to fill due to a recalcitrant Senate. The few you referenced were duds.

So what’s your point? Because I don’t get it. All I noticed about your post is that it reeks of contempt for the president. I can therefore discard with a clear conscience whatever cryptic point you were attempting to make.

Offline skeeter

Trump announced around 50 judges by September 15, 2017, more than that of any recent president at that point in their presidency. There are still 120 vacancies to fill due to a recalcitrant Senate. The few you referenced were duds.

So what’s your point? Because I don’t get it. All I noticed about your post is that it reeks of contempt for the president. I can therefore discard with a clear conscience whatever cryptic point you were attempting to make.

He's nominated around 75 to date.

Offline edpc

My point is those are the ones we know about and I doubt many were even aware of it at all.  What else are we going to discover going forward?  Do we even care or are we supposed to just nod and clap because someone who says he's a Republican after changing political affiliations 5 times appointed them?

Offline skeeter

My point is those are the ones we know about and I doubt many were even aware of it at all.  What else are we going to discover going forward?  Do we even care or are we supposed to just nod and clap because someone who says he's a Republican after changing political affiliations 5 times appointed them?

Of course we care. What else would you have us do?

Supposedly Trump has indicated he wants youth and a 'conservative' bent in his nominees. I guess we'll see.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@edpc
To use a baseball analogy you find it only acceptable to hit a grand slam each and every time.   As base hit or even a double is unacceptable.   It must be totally perfect or its an abject failure.

Me personally?  I'm satisfied pushing back the dogs of war even just a little bit.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@edpc
To use a baseball analogy you find it only acceptable to hit a grand slam each and every time.   As base hit or even a double is unacceptable.   It must be totally perfect or its an abject failure.

That's the problem right there; too many people think politics and government is a team sporting event that just requires cheerleaders to 'win' games and payouts for office pools.

Pathetic.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

@edpc

Me personally?  I'm satisfied pushing back the dogs of war even just a little bit.

To use a different analogy, 7 out of 50 is a failure rate of about 1 in 7.  If you're OK with that on something like judiciary assignments, that's fine.  Those odds are just slightly better in standard Russian Roulette. 

Offline driftdiver

To use a different analogy, 7 out of 50 is a failure rate of about 1 in 7.  If you're OK with that on something like judiciary assignments, that's fine.  Those odds are just slightly better in standard Russian Roulette.

@edpc
Ahh so Trump controls the judicial confirmation process.  Ya see I did not know that, I always thought it was Congress.

Offline driftdiver

That's the problem right there; too many people think politics and government is a team sporting event that just requires cheerleaders to 'win' games and payouts for office pools.

Pathetic.

@INVAR
Actually I was trying to simplify it for ease of communication.   Guess that went over your head like just about everything else.

Good day

Offline aligncare

@edpc

Thank you very much. I couldn’t put my finger on it. Exactly what was edpc criticizing.

You’re analogy was spot on.

Never before have so many searched for so long to find fault in one man, something, anything!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@INVAR
Actually I was trying to simplify it for ease of communication.   Guess that went over your head like just about everything else.

Good day

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

@INVAR

I've met him.  He doesn't have all those fancy raised tattoo things in real life.

Offline edpc

@edpc
Ahh so Trump controls the judicial confirmation process.  Ya see I did not know that, I always thought it was Congress.

Go back and read the part I said about vetting.  That's the failure I'm talking about.  He controls that.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:51:18 pm by edpc »

Offline goodwithagun

The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked.

The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline driftdiver

Go back and read the part I said about vetting.  He controls that.

@edpc
Uh huh, right, yep still trying for that grand slam aren't ya.

Offline edpc

@edpc Uh huh, right, yep still trying for that grand slam aren't ya.

Why would I?  Against the hapless Trump team I can walked and steal the other three bases easily.  More likely to score on three balks, however.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:57:39 pm by edpc »

Offline driftdiver

Why would I?  Against the hapless Trump team I can walked and steal the other three bases easily.  More likely to score on three balks, however.

@edpc
So which part is a balk?

Reducing federal regulations
Killing ISIS
Getting a fine man on the Supreme Court
Making our ROE in a war zone sane

Theres more, now he has had trouble getting anything through Congress.   The NTs rarely seem to place any blame on Congress though, why is that?