Author Topic: TRUMP MISQUOTES HIMSELF WHILE CLAIMING WALL STREET JOURNAL MISQUOTED HIM ABOUT KIM JONG UN  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Suppressed

TRUMP MISQUOTES HIMSELF WHILE CLAIMING WALL STREET JOURNAL MISQUOTED HIM ABOUT KIM JONG UN
BY JASON SILVERSTEIN ON 1/14/18 AT 9:38 AM
U.S.
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-misquotes-himself-kim-wall-street-journal-780973

Let’s go to the tape. Again and again.

President Donald Trump on Sunday misquoted himself in a tweet complaining about how he had supposedly been misquoted in a scrutinized Wall Street Journal interview. The Journal soon released audio of the interview to prove the president said what it reported, and the White House followed up minutes later with a seemingly identical recording trying to prove the Journal wrong.

Trump on Twitter took issue with the most notorious line from his Thursday interview: When he said “I probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong Un,” the North Korean dictator who has been threatening for months to launch a nuclear attack on the United States.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Trumpers, you know the drill.  Your hero is in deny mode. Don't yet switch to "it was brilliant" mode yet, despite him releasing proof he said it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ConservativeGranny

Don't worry. The cleanup crew will be out there soon telling us all that we didn't hear what our lying ears heard or that Trump really meant something else and we just don't get it because we aren't stable geniuses.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on whether he said "I'd."  The funnier quote he's made lately was about libel laws.....

You can’t say things that are false — knowingly false — and be able to smile as money pours into your bank account.

:silly:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:27:14 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Trump lies as easily as he breathes.

Offline Applewood

WSJ is smart to have a recording of the interview because if it's something negative, Trump will always deny he said it.  I keep saying he's like the little boy who smashes a vase and when his mother asks, "who broke the vase," he says "not me."

This whole administration operates on lies and denial.  In a way I feel sorry for Sarah Huckabee Sanders or any press secretary or staffer because they have to lie to protect the boss, often from himself.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
WSJ is smart to have a recording of the interview because if it's something negative, Trump will always deny he said it.  I keep saying he's like the little boy who smashes a vase and when his mother asks, "who broke the vase," he says "not me."

This whole administration operates on lies and denial.  In a way I feel sorry for Sarah Huckabee Sanders or any press secretary or staffer because they have to lie to protect the boss, often from himself.

Tom Nichols on twitter nailed it about Trumpers and it can easily be applied to Trump and his fans on any number of issues. They hated Goldman Sachs till Trump filled his administration with GS people. They said Trump was gonna build a 50 foot wall from the gulf to the pacific and now declare that the rhetoric was only symbolic.

Trump's lying is habitual and infectious.

Trumpers who reject all of the evidence staring them in the face about collusion and subsequent obstruction remind me of a joke Soviets used to tell about Brezhnev's legendary ability to be in denial about the mess in the old USSR. /1

After a summit, Brezhnev, Gerald Ford, and other world leaders take a break and go on a safari, where they manage to catch a live elephant. /2

They make up an elaborate schedule for guarding the beast, but when Brezhnev's turn comes he gets drunk and falls asleep, and the elephant trots away. /3

The next morning, when asked about their catch, Brezhnev guilelessly says, "What elephant?" Astonished, Ford then grills him: didn't we agree to hunt an elephant? Yes, Brezhnev says, we did indeed. /4

Didn't we catch one? Oh yes, we did, a fine one. And didn't we agree to guard it? Of course, we all did. "So," Ford fumes, "where's the elephant, damn it?" /5

Brezhnev nods thoughtfully for a moment and asks, "What elephant?" /6

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's been reported by other news sources, that it depends on what one hears in the audio.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Dang! You're right.  The hair even looks similar....

Offline Applewood

It's been reported by other news sources, that it depends on what one hears in the audio.

I have poor hearing, but I tried listening several times , both with and without hearing aids and on 3 different devices.  On my tablet and phone, it's unclear what he said, but on my laptop, I can definitely hear "I" instead of "I'd."  "I'd" is the word that fits since it's obvious Trump's relationship with Kim is not good, but "I'd" is not the word I'm hearing.

When Trump makes a prepared speech, he is crystal clear and he sounds professional.  But off the cuff and in interviews, he screws up and sounds like an idiot.  I really wish he would stop doing interviews and talking without some preparation.  Maybe he should have the questions ahead of time so he will have prepared answers instead of flying blind.  I don't really like that sort of thing, but it's obvious Trump can't say anything on his own. 

Of course, suggestions like that make me a Trump hater in the eyes of his fans, so... :shrug:

Offline Concerned

Misquoting himself?  Is that something a "very stable genius" would do?    :silly:

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

Personally, I like the way he puts the William Shatner inflection on Kim....Jong....Un.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Personally I like how desperate the NTs look when they make an issue out of something so trivial
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

Collectively, we laugh at your onion-skinned response to any ridicule of him.

Offline skeeter

Clearly, Trumpers' opinions are very important to you.

Offline driftdiver

@edpc

Thin skinned?   I appreciate the entertainment.  oh wait I don't mean to offend.  We're laughing WITH you and not AT you.

really

Offline aligncare

Refreshing to see another substantive discussion on policy disagreements.

Oops, my bad. I’m at the wrong place. Never mind.

Offline driftdiver

@aligncare
I wouldn't look for that on a thread with the title this one has.   just saying   Its a hit piece from the get go

Offline aligncare

His detractors told us from the very beginning it would be a mistake to elect Donald Trump. I see from the daily barrage of ginned up outrage they’re working very hard to make it so.

Offline driftdiver

His detractors told us from the very beginning it would be a mistake to elect Donald Trump. I see from the daily barrage of ginned up outrage they’re working very hard to make it so.

@aligncare
I fought against him up until shortly before the general election.   However, now he is our President and has made policy changes, judicial nominees and other actions which are far far better then expected. 

yes he's colorful and embarrassing but he has given us no indication he will sell this country out from under us.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes, I have to agree with you on this.

Offline Applewood

Personally, I like the way he puts the William Shatner inflection on Kim....Jong....Un.

Sounded to me like he was having trouble remembering Kim's name.

Offline edpc

@edpc

Thin skinned?   I appreciate the entertainment.  oh wait I don't mean to offend.  We're laughing WITH you and not AT you.

really

Perhaps I should go on a 3AM Twitter rampage against your mockery.  Oh wait, I actually don't care, but Trump does.  Childish.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:43:57 pm by edpc »

Offline driftdiver

Sounded to me like he was having trouble remembering Kim's name.

@Applewood
Now THAT is substantial policy discussion

Offline driftdiver

Perhaps I should go on a 3AM Twitter rampage against your mockery.  Oh wait, I actually don't care, but your guy does.

@edpc
Now dont go getting all personally offended.  I told you we were laughing WITH you.