Author Topic: ARPAIO NOT SURPRISED BY ERRONEOUS HAWAIIAN MISSILE ALERT, POINTS TO STATE'S HANDLING OF 'PHONY' OB  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Arizona Senate candidate Joe Arpaio, the controversial former sheriff of Maricopa County and an outspoken "birther," said Saturday he is not surprised that Hawaiians received an erroneous emergency mobile alert about an imminent ballistic missile attack because "there's something wrong with that government."

Case in point, according to Arpaio? Former President Barack Obama's "fraudulent" Hawaii birth certificate.

more at:https://www.yahoo.com/gma/arpaio-not-surprised-erroneous-hawaiian-missile-alert-points-093210792--abc-news-topstories.html
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I hope Joe doesn't have any teen-age girlfriends in his past.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Say what you will about Arpaio, that BC was fake. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

In his case, it makes a better story if they were illegal aliens.

At this point, he's just the angry old guy who sits in the armchair and yells at the TV.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:26:44 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Oh, I like Arpaio, but he is the type of guy that the libs totally despise.  If he runs, you can bet there will be a lot of phony charges come up.

But, yes.  The birth certificate was a total fake and easy to do in Hawaii.

Offline the_doc

Ditto.  It is obviously a forgery.

Re: the ICBM fakery, I wonder if the Deep State was trying to trigger a nuclear war.  Failing to do so, the Hawaiians reportedly complained that Trump did not overreact (saying he did not act quickly with a retaliatory strike based on the false report!).

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Re: the ICBM fakery, I wonder if the Deep State was trying to trigger a nuclear war.  Failing to do so, the Hawaiians reportedly complained that Trump did not overreact (saying he did not act quickly with a retaliatory strike based on the false report!).

There are a few conservatives here but they are greatly outnumbered by democrats who are not only liberal but dumb as a box of rocks.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Okay, this household did not panic but lots of people did.  I'm still not satisfied with the reported "wrong button pushed by low level employee at shift change."

It should not be that easy to scare an entire state.  And what if there is a legitimate threat?  Will people dismiss it now?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Oh, I like Arpaio, but he is the type of guy that the libs totally despise.  If he runs, you can bet there will be a lot of phony charges come up.

But, yes.  The birth certificate was a total fake and easy to do in Hawaii.

I love the way he runs prison and those pretty pink outfits..........
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Okay, this household did not panic but lots of people did.  I'm still not satisfied with the reported "wrong button pushed by low level employee at shift change."

It should not be that easy to scare an entire state.  And what if there is a legitimate threat?  Will people dismiss it now?

Hard to believe a low level employee would have access.  My thought is that they used it strategically to bring attention to Trumps handling of North Korea.  A fear tactic.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Hard to believe a low level employee would have access.  My thought is that they used it strategically to bring attention to Trumps handling of North Korea.  A fear tactic.

I know.  I have no idea why it was done. 

As for Joe, he's way too old and too controversial.  I hope he doesn't run.  He didn't burn a dog though.  I would personally put a stake through the heart of anyone who did that.

Offline Chosen Daughter

There are a few conservatives here but they are greatly outnumbered by democrats who are not only liberal but dumb as a box of rocks.

Could you name names?  Because I am not sure but in one thread you were pointing out the Never Trumpers.   You were going on an on as you do, and had totally disregarded that I wrote something positive about Trump.

This stuff gets really old.  Then if someone says something about it you play the victim.  I am a Conservative so if you had me on your list forget it.  And your statement is totally wrong.  Not voting for Trump does not make a Democrat.  He is after all the President who once wanted Oprah for a running mate.  LOL!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:14:22 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline anubias

Indeed.

:thumbsup:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Geezus......I hope he DOES!     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Could you name names?  Because I am not sure but in one thread you were pointing out the Never Trumpers.   You were going on an on as you do, and had totally disregarded that I wrote something positive about Trump.

This stuff gets really old.  Then if someone says something about it you play the victim.  I am a Conservative so if you had me on your list forget it.

Lighten up, sweetie.  I like you.  You can hate me if you want to.

I was talking about Hawaii in that comment.  I'll try to make myself clearer.

Offline anubias

That’s it in a nutshell, imo.  The “button” just happens to be the same word used in his tweet to FATBOY.  And how could it possibly take 38 minutes, giving plenty of time for panic and chaos, for them to let everyone know that it was a mistake?   I think it was intentional.

Offline anubias

This stuff gets really old.  Then if someone says something about it you play the victim.  I am a Conservative so if you had me on your list forget it.  And your statement is totally wrong.  Not voting for Trump does not make a Democrat.  He is after all the President who once wanted Oprah for a running mate.  LOL!

:whistle:

@Emjay was referring to Hawaiians, not this forum.  The constant jumping on other posters here does indeed get old IYKWIMAITYD.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:20:37 pm by anubias »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
:whistle:

@Emjay was referring to Hawaiians, not this forum.

Yep!  Thanks.  I thought it was obvious on this thread but maybe not.

She was right about one thing ... I do go on.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Then it backfired spectacularly.  The last time North Korea was in the news cycle, it was in reference to having talks with South Korea.  The local personnel took responsibility.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Lighten up, sweetie.  I like you.  You can hate me if you want to.

I was talking about Hawaii in that comment.  I'll try to make myself clearer.

That would be good because you are forever criticizing people who didn't vote for Trump.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That’s it in a nutshell, imo.  The “button” just happens to be the same word used in his tweet to FATBOY.  And how could it possibly take 38 minutes, giving plenty of time for panic and chaos, for them to let everyone know that it was a mistake?   I think it was intentional.

I know!  Everyone on the Islands got an alert on our phones at 8:08.  I was out walking my dog.  Several people hollered at me to go home.

But ... nobody in state government got a phone alert?  Or thought to investigate for 38 minutes?

Offline Chosen Daughter

Me too.

Offline anubias

Yep!  Thanks.  I thought it was obvious on this thread but maybe not.

She was right about one thing ... I do go on.

It was obvious to me, but I do read your comments in their entirety where there are those that I do not bother.  Pretty much the moment I see someone bashing another, I tend to fly right on by.  That may have been what happened here with the exception of an itchy comment trigger.  Too much damned fussing today and I suspect nerves are raw.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:26:01 pm by anubias »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It was obvious to me, but I do read your comments in their entirety where there are those that I do not bother.  Pretty much the moment I see someone bashing another, I tend to fly right on by.  That may have been what happened here with the exception of an itchy comment trigger.  Too much damned fussing today and I suspect nerves are raw.  ;)

Yes, I was on a thread this morning that got so heated and vicious that Mystery jerked it out of existence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yes, I was on a thread this morning that got so heated and vicious that Mystery jerked it out of existence.

It's in MEMBERS ONLY
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald