Author Topic: Trump hits the brakes on Senate immigration deal  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump hits the brakes on Senate immigration deal
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 12:46:28 am »
I'm glad the President hit the brakes ....

The United States must adopt an immigration system that serves the national interest. To restore the rule of law and secure our border, President Trump is committed to constructing a border wall and ensuring the swift removal of unlawful entrants. To protect American workers, the President supports ending chain migration, eliminating the Visa Lottery, and moving the country to a merit-based entry system. These reforms will advance the safety and prosperity of all Americans while helping new citizens assimilate and flourish.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/immigration/   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 12:52:02 am »
More Info Here:

Report: Trump rejects Senate DACA deal
Conservative Review, Jan 11, 2018, Chris Pandolfo

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/report-senate-reaches-daca-deal-give-conservative-demands/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 01:10:44 am »
More Info Here:

Report: Trump rejects Senate DACA deal
Conservative Review, Jan 11, 2018, Chris Pandolfo

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/report-senate-reaches-daca-deal-give-conservative-demands/

Flake can piss off.  He's pulling his last string on this one.  All the President has to do is stick with the House on this. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 01:45:34 am »
My, see how fast congress can act when properly motivated.

Too bad the result is predictably J Wellington Wimpyish - I'll gladly fund your border wall, address chain migration and the visa lottery tomorrow for the legalization of illegals today.

I didn't see any mention of a wall. Only a "fence barrier".

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 06:26:49 pm »
He's more of a bother as an obstructionist, voting against things Trump wants.  Outside of that, he's no different than your standard-issue BS Democrat puke.

He voted for the tax bill.  He's a Goldwater conservative, an increasingly rare bird.  If he were to run for President, I'd cut him a check.   A very good man,  IMO.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 06:40:55 pm »
He voted for the tax bill.  He's a Goldwater conservative, an increasingly rare bird.  If he were to run for President, I'd cut him a check.   A very good man,  IMO.   

We're talking about Flake?   :silly:

(Would Barry Goldwater have pulled strings with a local Prosecutor to get 23 counts of animal cruelty charges dropped against his kid?)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2018, 07:15:26 pm »

Good grief, man, that's absolutely delusional.  Flake has done nothing even remotely conservative.  Do you have him confused with someone else or are you just trolling?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2018, 07:23:50 pm »
Good grief, man, that's absolutely delusional.  Flake has done nothing even remotely conservative.  Do you have him confused with someone else or are you just trolling?

Both.  He liked Kasich for President.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2018, 07:39:32 pm »

Jeff Flake's lifetime ACU rating is 93.07 percent.   He's a good man,  exactly the sort of rational, reasonable, liberty-centric conservative I support. 

C'mon, Sanguine, I know you're better and smarter than to resort to the easy insults of the UGOI here.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2018, 07:51:45 pm »
Jeff Flake's lifetime ACU rating is 93.07 percent.   He's a good man,  exactly the sort of rational, reasonable, liberty-centric conservative I support. 

C'mon, Sanguine, I know you're better and smarter than to resort to the easy insults of the UGOI here.

Jazzhead, his liberty score is a solid F - 57%. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2018, 07:54:18 pm »
Jazzhead, his liberty score is a solid F - 57%.

I confess to not being familiar with the "liberty score".   I've always preferred the ACU ratings - but I'm old school. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 08:11:33 pm »
I confess to not being familiar with the "liberty score".   I've always preferred the ACU ratings - but I'm old school.

What do you think of 800,000 morphing into 3.25 million, continued chain migration, lack of skills selectivity, to mention some of the crap left in this ridiculous attempt?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 08:26:42 pm »
What do you think of 800,000 morphing into 3.25 million, continued chain migration, lack of skills selectivity, to mention some of the crap left in this ridiculous attempt?

What do I think?  I think it's a bad deal.   I said so the other day.   The practical issue is we're not going to get everything we'd like in exchange for DACA.  DACA only affects a small number of illegals.   What we need is comprehensive reform, as the President has invited. 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 08:32:26 pm »
   The last time a President tried to address this problem was the Secure Fence Act of 2006. Sen. Hutchinson (R-TX.) pretty much disabled it the next year with her amendment at the request of the Chamber of Commerce.  Neither party or the Administration want to stop this madness.  I suspect we Americans are about to get screwed again.

Do you remember when Rick Perry ran on building a fence, and a week after he was elected said "Not gonna happen"?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:07:02 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline corbe

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2018, 10:01:04 pm »
Do you remember when Rick Perry ran on biuling a fence, and a week after he was elected said "Not gonna happen"?

Yes, I remember that @GrouchoTex It's in their DNA to talk the talk but refuse to walk the walk....politicians.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2018, 10:06:32 pm »
   Yes, I remember that @GrouchoTex It's in their DNA to talk the talk but refuse to walk the walk....politicians.

From what I have heard, Perry Homes and H-E-B had a lot to do with stopping the fence.
Supposedly pretty big donors.

Offline corbe

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2018, 10:19:14 pm »
   I always figured the Chamber had big hooks in the GOP to keep up this charade they call Immigration Reform.  We are screwed.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2018, 10:28:32 pm »
What do I think?  I think it's a bad deal.   I said so the other day.   The practical issue is we're not going to get everything we'd like in exchange for DACA.  DACA only affects a small number of illegals.   What we need is comprehensive reform, as the President has invited.
I'm a bit older than most here. Reagan's "comprehensive" deal in 1986 turned out badly. For example from the start employee documentation was a joke. Maybe still is. The illegal immigrant only had to show copies of some paperwork which was forged. The employer had no right or obligation to verify or validate a thing. It may remain that way now.

So I see "comprehensive," with much concern. Somewhere in the vicinity of 40% of legal immigrants in the US became so,  from "chain migration," aka family reunification etc.

That often entailed bringing elderly parents (aunts, uncles etc.) to America, to go on social security immediately or very soon. Even though they had never paid a penny into the system.

Generally the whole family becomes democrat voters, too. How precisely does America benefit from allowing that?

So instead of "comprehensive," I prefer one element at a time. Why not make the dems concede first, for a change.

Why not tell them first we do the wall. Next end chain migration. Next do skills preferences. DACA comes last.

After all Republicans hold the majority and could theoretically do what Trump has laid down as parameters. DACA was a democrat administrative order. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2018, 03:22:03 am »
Folks, anytime -- ANYTIME (for those of you who wear glasses) -- you see "comprehensive" used in reference to "immigration reform", it can mean only one thing:

AMNESTY.

Just say no, dammit...!!!!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2018, 03:47:38 am »
Folks, anytime -- ANYTIME (for those of you who wear glasses) -- you see "comprehensive" used in reference to "immigration reform", it can mean only one thing:

AMNESTY.

Just say no, dammit...!!!!

Correct.  In simple terms, it means the Dems say give us what we want first, and we'll give you what you want later, conveniently in a later Congress that cannot be compelled by the previous.  They did the same thing with taxes:  Give us a tax hike now, and we'll cut spending later.

How many times is Charlie Brown going to allow Nancy to pull that football away?  Depends.  Is Charlie a member of The Stupid Party?
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2018, 04:31:39 am »
Both.  He liked Kasich for President.

I can hardly wait till the Demented Windmill's term is up. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2018, 05:13:49 am »
I can hardly wait till the Demented Windmill's term is up.

The story won't end there, it just goes into another chapter.
I will NOT comply.