Author Topic: Trump hits the brakes on Senate immigration deal  (Read 2074 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump hits the brakes on Senate immigration deal
« on: January 11, 2018, 08:55:56 pm »
Trump hits the brakes on Senate immigration deal
By Jordain Carney - 01/11/18 01:38 PM EST

A bipartisan group of senators say they have clinched a deal to provide protections to young immigrants known as Dreamers, but are facing pushback from President Trump and GOP leadership.

Sens. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) and Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said on Thursday that the group of six senators has locked down an agreement amongst themselves on pairing a fix for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program with a border security package.

"We've got this bipartisan group. We are at a deal. ... It's the only game in town," Flake told reporters.

But Durbin and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) were told during a Thursday meeting with President Trump at the White House that he was not ready to sign onto the bill.

"We were hoping for that, but the president is not prepared to do that at this moment," Durbin said when asked if they wanted the president's support before they moved forward with their agreement.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/368523-senators-on-verge-of-bipartisan-immigration-deal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump hits the brakes on Senate immigration deal
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:42:04 pm »
 Leigh Ann Caldwell‏Verified account @LACaldwellDC

Some of the details of the DACA “deal” per multiple GOP and Dem sources. **Not yet final as things can change
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 09:44:59 pm »

Some of the details of the DACA “deal” per multiple GOP and Dem sources. **Not yet final as things can change

Heck of a deal... **nononono*

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 09:47:40 pm »
So there are no changes to chain migration generally other than with respect to family members of the DACA folks?    And as for "temporary protected status", as Salvadorans know, that's permanent.  I'd hope we can get a better deal than that.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 09:47:50 pm »

My, see how fast congress can act when properly motivated.

Too bad the result is predictably J Wellington Wimpyish - I'll gladly fund your border wall, address chain migration and the visa lottery tomorrow for the legalization of illegals today.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 11:38:25 pm »
   The last time a President tried to address this problem was the Secure Fence Act of 2006. Sen. Hutchinson (R-TX.) pretty much disabled it the next year with her amendment at the request of the Chamber of Commerce.  Neither party or the Administration want to stop this madness.  I suspect we Americans are about to get screwed again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 11:41:12 pm »
Flake the Lame Duck sure drives a hard bargain. :nometalk:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 11:51:20 pm »
Democrats Expand ‘Dreamer’ Amnesty Plan to Include Millions of Parents
by Neil Munro11 Jan 2018

Senate Democrats claim they have developed a new bipartisan amnesty plan for young ‘dreamer’ illegals – but their plan also offers a quasi-amnesty to the illegal-immigrant parents who brought the 3.25 million ‘dreamer’ illegals into the United States.
The amnesty-plus plan was developed by Sen. Dick Durbin, with the cooperation of several pro-amnesty GOP Senators, including Colorado’s Sen. Cory Gardner, Arizona’s Sen. Jeff Flake and Sen. Lindsey Graham from South Carolina. The claims and details emerged Thursday when the Senators were questioned by reporters after the Senators’ usual Thursday lunchtime meetings.

In an afternoon statement, the Senators claimed:
President Trump called on Congress to solve the DACA challenge. We have been working for four months and have reached an agreement in principle that addresses border security, the diversity visa lottery, chain migration/family reunification, and the Dream Act-the areas outlined by the President. We are now working to build support for that deal in Congress.
<..snip..>

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/11/democrats-extend-dreamer-amnesty-plan-include-millions-parents/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 11:57:16 pm »
@corbe That's a poison pill.  Chain Migration is a no-go, the whole reason this is going anywhere at all is to end that nonsense.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 12:03:35 am »
Democrats Expand ‘Dreamer’ Amnesty Plan to Include Millions of Parents
by Neil Munro11 Jan 2018

Senate Democrats claim they have developed a new bipartisan amnesty plan for young ‘dreamer’ illegals – but their plan also offers a quasi-amnesty to the illegal-immigrant parents who brought the 3.25 million ‘dreamer’ illegals into the United States.
The amnesty-plus plan was developed by Sen. Dick Durbin, with the cooperation of several pro-amnesty GOP Senators, including Colorado’s Sen. Cory Gardner, Arizona’s Sen. Jeff Flake and Sen. Lindsey Graham from South Carolina. The claims and details emerged Thursday when the Senators were questioned by reporters after the Senators’ usual Thursday lunchtime meetings.

In an afternoon statement, the Senators claimed:<..snip..>

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/11/democrats-extend-dreamer-amnesty-plan-include-millions-parents/
How does 800,000 turn out to be 3.25 million? And how does chain migration continuation, come out this late?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 12:07:53 am »
How does 800,000 turn out to be 3.25 million? And how does chain migration continuation, come out this late?

Sounds like a sleight of hand, doesn't it?  I hope Trump hangs tough on this, because this "deal," if he signs it, will mark then end of him.  All the marbles are in this basket.
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 12:09:23 am »

Why are Pubs so eager to help Rats with their voter registration drives?

I can see doing a deal for DACA people giving them visas and in return building a wall, ending chain migration and the lottery. Other than that why bother. You can bet 80% of the newly legalized people will be Rat voters if they are granted citizenship.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 12:16:30 am »
Why are Pubs so eager to help Rats with their voter registration drives?

I can see doing a deal for DACA people giving them visas and in return building a wall, ending chain migration and the lottery. Other than that why bother. You can bet 80% of the newly legalized people will be Rat voters if they are granted citizenship.

This deal is a complete cave to the Dems, with a tiny bone thrown to those of us who want a wall of some kind, which probably won't get past the design phase with the money allocated.  And the Reps in that group are strutting around like pigeons.  Flake slays me, "The only game in town!"  What an ass hole.

No end to Chain Migration.  No Merit-based entry.  Smaller lottery spread to countries that are hostile to us (that's what the code phrase "low immigration countries" means).  Easy path to citizenship and voting status for the cheaters.  Did I miss any other caves?
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 12:20:23 am »
In addition to insisting on a wall, he’s also demanding a shithole clause.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,298999.0.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 12:20:50 am »
Sounds like a sleight of hand, doesn't it?  I hope Trump hangs tough on this, because this "deal," if he signs it, will mark then end of him.  All the marbles are in this basket.

We shall see ... yes, all the marbles are in this basket.  I have listened to interviews where he is still promising the wall ... but DACA/amnesty is not acceptable, even if he gets his wall.  There is still the possibility that he will ease on illegal immigration and migration of refugees into this country. If he does not only does America get screwed royally, but don't count on there every being another GOP seated in the oval office.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 12:23:14 am »
In addition to insisting on a wall, he’s also demanding a shithole clause.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,298999.0.html

:bigsilly:

(He's right, you know.  But you don't SAY that.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 12:29:13 am »
Flake the Lame Duck sure drives a hard bargain. :nometalk:

Flake is dangerous ... he's accountable to no one.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 12:33:42 am »
Flake is dangerous ... he's accountable to no one.

He never was.  He quit because that's not going to last, he doesn't get to be another McCain, and he finally found that out.  He fully expected to be able to bully his way through anything.  Being a Mormon he gets a major head-start for statewide office in AZ.

We're counting on Trump to stop this.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 12:36:32 am »
He never was.  He quit because that's not going to last, 

Flake's lasting through 2018 ... knowing he will not face the voters again so he is free to follow his evil instincts at every turn.

I'm half expecting him to switch parties.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 12:38:13 am »
So there are no changes to chain migration generally other than with respect to family members of the DACA folks?    And as for "temporary protected status", as Salvadorans know, that's permanent.  I'd hope we can get a better deal than that.   

888high58888 Good to agree with you Jazz...for once.    :beer:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline corbe

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 12:39:07 am »
   I still don't like/trust Ann Coulter, but her tweet a couple of days ago is ringing true.
   I'm even seeing this bubbling up in my pro Trump Family.

Ann Coulter‏Verified accountï‚™ @AnnCoulter · Jan 9 
As he considers the utility of walls (and promises), @realDonaldTrump should consider that "Never Trump" was toothless, but "Former Trump" will bite.
1,096 replies   2,544 retweets   8,927 likes

Offline bilo

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 12:40:25 am »
This deal is a complete cave to the Dems, with a tiny bone thrown to those of us who want a wall of some kind, which probably won't get past the design phase with the money allocated.  And the Reps in that group are strutting around like pigeons.  Flake slays me, "The only game in town!"  What an ass hole.

No end to Chain Migration.  No Merit-based entry.  Smaller lottery spread to countries that are hostile to us (that's what the code phrase "low immigration countries" means).  Easy path to citizenship and voting status for the cheaters. Did I miss any other caves?

Of course this will give the Rats a majority again.

We will see what we end up with, but if this is the deal it's better to walk away. At times like this I get so disgusted with the Pubs. They couldn't repeal Obamacare, but they sure could get tax reform done quickly. Now we see another key promise "the wall" being tossed aside and no amnesty being turned into amnesty for untold millions of new Rat voters.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 12:40:32 am »
Flake's lasting through 2018 ... knowing he will not face the voters again so he is free to follow his evil instincts at every turn.

I'm half expecting him to switch parties.

He's more of a bother as an obstructionist, voting against things Trump wants.  Outside of that, he's no different than your standard-issue BS Democrat puke.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 12:41:47 am »
   I still don't like/trust Ann Coulter, but her tweet a couple of days ago is ringing true.
   I'm even seeing this bubbling up in my pro Trump Family.

Yep, Trump had best heed the Red sky at dawn on this.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline skeeter

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2018, 12:43:20 am »
Of course this will give the Rats a majority again.

For ever & ever amen. California writ large.