Author Topic: A Ludicrous Ruling That Trump Can’t End DACA  (Read 7617 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: A Ludicrous Ruling That Trump Can’t End DACA
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2018, 04:36:17 pm »
I will just repeat what James Woods tweeted today:

"Why in God's name are we having to negotiate with our own government to obey the laws?
We have LAWS for legal immigration.
Anyone who breaks those laws or enables another person to do so should be deported or imprisoned respectively.
Why is this concept so damn difficult to grasp?"

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2018, 04:46:24 pm »
Do you really think the GOP would prevail if it started a judicial impeachment war with liberals?  If you think the federal judiciary is too liberal now, just wait until after that fight.

There is a god damn good hill to die on. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2018, 05:00:04 pm »

I’ll answer it. 

First of all, they’re here illegally, no matter the circumstances.  Life can be unfair.  Also, at some point, people are going to need to stop leaving Mexico and be the agents of change the country so desperately needs.  As supposedly literate, educated people and professionals, they’re uniquely qualified for the task.  The only thing better than a 2K mile wall on the southern border is a stable, mostly self-sufficient nation as a neighbor.  We have one to the north.

If I'd have known he is a Lawyer, I never would have ever responded to him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2018, 05:02:17 pm »
I will just repeat what James Woods tweeted today:

"Why in God's name are we having to negotiate with our own government to obey the laws?
We have LAWS for legal immigration.
Anyone who breaks those laws or enables another person to do so should be deported or imprisoned respectively.
Why is this concept so damn difficult to grasp?"

@GrouchoTex

It's a mystery to me!  Works that way in every other country on earth!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2018, 05:03:01 pm »

:amen:  888high58888

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2018, 05:06:19 pm »

Fills in a lot of blanks don't it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2018, 05:12:01 pm »
Put James in charge of middle east negotiations.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XwS5WsjPg9U
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2018, 05:51:10 pm »

I’ll answer it. 

First of all, they’re here illegally, no matter the circumstances.  Life can be unfair.  Also, at some point, people are going to need to stop leaving Mexico and be the agents of change the country so desperately needs.  As supposedly literate, educated people and professionals, they’re uniquely qualified for the task.  The only thing better than a 2K mile wall on the southern border is a stable, mostly self-sufficient nation as a neighbor.  We have one to the north.

Those are fair points -  actually quite legitimate arguments for retaining NAFTA, which helps create a healthy middle class in Mexico so folks won't need to head north for opportunity.

But the narrow issue here is the rights of the 800,000 who took Obama up on his offer.   The fact they are illegal doesn't mean they deserve to be denied due process.   A government program was proffered to normalize their situations, and they came forward to take advantage of it.   That creates the conditions of detrimental reliance that lie behind the judge's temporary ruling.    Trump can stop the program, but the issue is whether he can pull the rug out from under those who took the very real risk of coming forward in good faith.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2018, 05:51:59 pm »
<Nope>  I've never hidden the fact that I'm a lawyer (although I'm not the kind that ever goes to court - my bag is pensions and employee benefits).   
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:37:44 pm by Mod1 »

Offline the_doc

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2018, 05:52:52 pm »

Right.  If we do not defend the Constitution, we might as well die.  In fact, if we do not defend the Constitution, we will die as a nation.

I read somewhere that Obama appointees make up 40% of District judges, 30% of Circuit Court judges, and 20% of the SCOTUS. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2018, 05:52:57 pm »
Fills in a lot of blanks don't it!

Justice, fairness, due process - alien concepts, eh, Bigun?    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2018, 05:56:32 pm »
Those are fair points -  actually quite legitimate arguments for retaining NAFTA, which helps create a healthy middle class in Mexico so folks won't need to head north for opportunity.

But the narrow issue here is the rights of the 800,000 who took Obama up on his offer.   The fact they are illegal doesn't mean they deserve to be denied due process.   A government program was proffered to normalize their situations, and they came forward to take advantage of it.   That creates the conditions of detrimental reliance that lie behind the judge's temporary ruling.    Trump can stop the program, but the issue is whether he can pull the rug out from under those who took the very real risk of coming forward in good faith.

The only thing they were ever promised was a review.  The process has been in place for more than 5 years.  There's no reason that shouldn't have been completed by now.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:57:14 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2018, 05:59:02 pm »
Justice, fairness, due process - alien concepts, eh, Bigun?    *****rollingeyes*****

Whatever in the world would we do without you Jazzy.  You are our little ray of sunshine.  You bring daily doses of Truth Justice and the American way to our poor pathetic existences.   Bless you.  .

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2018, 06:01:46 pm »

@Jazzhead
If people don't respect our country and our laws then I could give a crap if they have a middle class.   We are not the worlds piggy bank.

If they want to blame someone about life being unfair tell them to call their parents who brought them here illegally.   

Since when is there a requirement NOT to prosecute someone for a crime just because they came forward?   they were here illegally, they came forward in response to an illegal EO and they are still illegal.  eff em

I want to know when Congress cares more about American citizens then those here soaking up our largesse.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2018, 06:09:47 pm »
Whatever in the world would we do without you Jazzy.  You are our little ray of sunshine.  You bring daily doses of Truth Justice and the American way to our poor pathetic existences.   Bless you.  .

If people weren't continually showing me, I would have NO idea what Jazzhead says about anything!  Just sayin!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2018, 06:12:18 pm »
@Jazzhead
Since when is there a requirement NOT to prosecute someone for a crime just because they came forward?   they were here illegally, they came forward in response to an illegal EO and they are still illegal.  eff em 

You're a Christian?   

The government has for years created and sustained the conditions for employers to affirmatively recruit illegal labor.   Forgive me if I have Christian compassion toward those who were lured here by the promise of opportunity.   

The Obama administration set up a voluntary program whereby certain illegals could come forward with the promise of normalization.   Those folks took risks to do so.  Forgive me if I have Christian compassion towards those who would now have the rug pulled out from under them.   

Offline WingNot

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2018, 06:19:15 pm »
If people weren't continually showing me, I would have NO idea what Jazzhead says about anything!  Just sayin!

My Apologies Big Guy.  No more hitting the "quote" feature of known asshats that are on many a posters Ignore list.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2018, 06:28:02 pm »
You're so full of shit.  I've never hidden the fact that I'm a lawyer (although I'm not the kind that ever goes to court - my bag is pensions and employee benefits).   

You never told me you weren't a garbage man, either.  BTW, you forgot to say "disgraceful." 

Mod note:  Cyber!  :nono:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:06:01 pm by Mod2 »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2018, 06:29:12 pm »
My Apologies Big Guy.  No more hitting the "quote" feature of known asshats that are on many a posters Ignore list.

Yeah, I need to restore that practice, too.  Do it for our friends   Every time we quote an asshat, God kills a kitten.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2018, 06:30:31 pm »
Right.  If we do not defend the Constitution, we might as well die.  In fact, if we do not defend the Constitution, we will die as a nation.

:amen:  Either we adhere to the Constitution or we don't.  there is no middle ground.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2018, 06:31:46 pm »

Thank you for your kind consideration!  MUCH appreciated!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2018, 06:33:01 pm »
You're a Christian?   

The government has for years created and sustained the conditions for employers to affirmatively recruit illegal labor.   Forgive me if I have Christian compassion toward those who were lured here by the promise of opportunity.   

The Obama administration set up a voluntary program whereby certain illegals could come forward with the promise of normalization.   Those folks took risks to do so.  Forgive me if I have Christian compassion towards those who would now have the rug pulled out from under them.   

@Jazzhead
Part of being a Christian means obeying the law.

Part of being a Christian is demanding others do as well.

Part of being a Christian is helping others but that doesn't require you open your home up.

I would think as a lawyer you would have more respect for the law.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2018, 06:34:40 pm »
:amen:  Either we adhere to the Constitution or we don't.  there is no middle ground.

Just as I don't believe in torturing the definitions of words in order to achieve the desired outcome.  That seems to be the nature of law today, and why courts have become glorified Roulette wheels.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2018, 06:36:33 pm »
@Jazzhead
Part of being a Christian means obeying the law.

Part of being a Christian is demanding others do as well.

Part of being a Christian is helping others but that doesn't require you open your home up.

I would think as a lawyer you would have more respect for the law.

I think Mr. Head is at his best when he's lecturing Christians on how to be Christians.  It's even more amusing than when he's lecturing conservatives on how to be conservative.
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2018, 06:37:25 pm »
You never told me you weren't a garbage man, either.  BTW, you forgot to say "disgraceful bag of <Nope>."

That would be disparaging the bag.  Totally unacceptable here in Brieferland.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:38:48 pm by Mod1 »