Author Topic: A Ludicrous Ruling That Trump Can’t End DACA  (Read 7643 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: A Ludicrous Ruling That Trump Can’t End DACA
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2018, 08:35:13 pm »
You said, "Why do you believe these folks deserve to be screwed?"

I don't.  I refuse to have discussions with people who say shit like that to me.  Bye.

The use of LOL is way overdone, but I laughed for 30 seconds after reading your post.  I may save it to use myself.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2018, 08:39:41 pm »
First, I happen to support a narrow version. (end ALL chain migration). We only admit those who will benefit America and citizens, NOT people that will go on public support. We have too many of those already.

But the way things usually go it will be overly broad.

But as to the point that persons are owed anything, in exchange for having "put their asses on the line" leaves me confused. (their parents "put all of their asses on the line" when they snuck in and stayed)

Obama's full intention was to hogtie Congress and future Presidents into a policy he could not get the votes for. IOW he sought to override the will of voters.

Who's interest holds the most importance? Illegal immigrants, or American citizen voters?

On the entire subject of illegal immigration, time after time, the Left try to elevate the standing of illegal immigrants, above American citizen voters.

The only reason the Left opposes the Wall, is to ensure more illegal immigrants can get in. They do NOT oppose it over cost, or because it is ineffective.

Can't we simply be honest? Can't the American citizen voter have top billing, in his own country ? 

I "put my ass on the line" serving in the military. I would think my interests would be greater/higher than any illegal immigrant.

Obama's measure was administrative, temporary. Why should it grant permanent standing? Why wouldn't return travel to the Mexican interior be enough in exchange for them having "put their asses on the line?"

Why do we owe them anything? What have they done beyond existing here, to justify anything whatsoever?

I'm having trouble understand @Jazzhead point.  How did those DACA folks put themselves in danger by believing in Obama and filling out papers?  Aside from the fact, that is is a mortal sin to believe anything Obama said, that is.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2018, 11:54:00 pm »
True, but I don't think we should base all our actions on what the dems would do if and when they control congress again.
Just what I said too a few pages back.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2018, 12:01:38 am »
I'm having trouble understand @Jazzhead point.  How did those DACA folks put themselves in danger by believing in Obama and filling out papers?  Aside from the fact, that is is a mortal sin to believe anything Obama said, that is.

Classic Jazz move.  Play on, then prey on histrionics.  I'll bet he's a real treat in the courtroom where he claims to work.  The "danger" they face is they may be compelled to follow the laws of the country they're squatting in. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2018, 12:47:20 am »
Classic Jazz move.  Play on, then prey on histrionics.  I'll bet he's a real treat in the courtroom where he claims to work.  The "danger" they face is they may be compelled to follow the laws of the country they're squatting in.
Those are next to get changed after they get them all here legally.  Then it will be discriminatory if we don't change those existing laws.  The DemoGame.  Sort of like what Sharia tries to do.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:47:56 am by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2018, 01:00:57 am »
Those are next to get changed after they get them all here legally.  Then it will be discriminatory if we don't change those existing laws.  The DemoGame.  Sort of like what Sharia tries to do.

Hell yeah.  Change the demographics on the ground and there's no end to the pandering after that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2018, 01:34:00 pm »

Emjay,  the legal concept is called detrimental reliance.   One party changes his position in reliance on the promise of the other party,  who then breaks the promise.   Here,  approximately 700,000 folks came forward in response to the DACA program,  letting the government know who and where they were,  in exchange for renewable work permits and the chance to live life "above ground".   

Yes, I understand that many here opposed DACA from the beginning, and some here harbor true animus towards these folks (even though their unwanted presence here is not because of their own actions).   Yes, I agree with President Trump's position that he cannot continue the program unless and until its legal underpinnings are confirmed by Congress.   As things now stand,  the court agrees that Trump may suspend new DACA enrollments (approximately half of those ostensibly eligible for the program have come forward).

But what of those who enrolled in good faith,  and demonstrated their ability and willingness to work, educate themselves, or otherwise serve the community as the program requires?    They've come forward, and as far as they know if they cannot continue in the program they will lose their jobs, lose their status, and face deportation.   Are these folks "in danger", as you snidely suggest, for "believing in Obama"?    I don't know,  but I do know that one poster in this thread,  a proud Christian warrior,  has told them to go eff themselves.  To another, they're just contemptible "squatters".   **nononono*

There's not a lot of empathy here for folks whose parents brought them here many years ago from shithole countries in search of work and a better life.       

Yeah,  I think they satisfy the legal definition of harm by reason of detrimental reliance.   I therefore understand why the judge ruled as he did - to keep the government from taking away the opportunity they were promised and returning them to the shadows.     
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:41:07 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online libertybele

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2018, 01:41:54 pm »

Exactly. Assimilation is the furthest thing from what's been happening for decades; quite the opposite.  Considering that they have broken the law by coming here in the first place and for the most part those laws have been tossed aside, the laws have already been changed to accommodate them.  As for Sharia, the lower courts have already ruled in favor of Sharia law in some cases.  People better wake up as to what's happening in our country.  Muslim influence is creeping into our society; especially in our classrooms. 9-11 was a wake up call and for some reason a lot of people have hit the snooze button.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:46:30 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2018, 02:04:07 pm »
Democrats have steadily been turning America into a Balkanized country – with the help Republicans.