Author Topic: Fiat Chrysler to invest $1 billion in Michigan plant, add 2,500 jobs  (Read 659 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Fiat Chrysler to invest $1 billion in Michigan plant, add 2,500 jobs
Reuters, Jan 11, 2018

DETROIT (Reuters) - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCHA.MI) (FCAU.N) said on Thursday it will shift production of Ram heavy-duty pickup trucks from Mexico to Michigan in 2020, a move the automaker said was enabled “by the passage of U.S. tax reform legislation” in December.

The shift from Saltillo to Warren will create 2,500 jobs and cost $1 billion, FCA said. The Mexican plant will be “repurposed to produce future commercial vehicles” for global markets.

More: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fiat-chrysler-investment/fiat-chrysler-to-invest-1-billion-in-michigan-plant-add-2500-jobs-idUSKBN1F034F?il=0

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Fiat Chrysler to invest $1 billion in Michigan plant, add 2,500 jobs
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 12:39:26 am »
Smoke and mirrors from the Great Sergio, that carpetbagger who was gifted a fading American industrial icon for a song.
  From Day One of that ass holes adventure here in the U.S., (when he took the smoldering near-ruins of Chrysler off of the Obama administration’s hands), he was just looking milk it to prop up is other bullshit brands, Fiat and Alfa.

He has been trying to sell Chrysler for years.  No takers.  The only product left worth anything is Jeep and Ram.  He has to throw money into a new plant to keep his cash cow worth something.. 

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:40:13 am by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."