Author Topic: Trump touts tax bill's benefits to farmers: 'Are you happy that you voted for me?'  (Read 997 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump touts tax bill's benefits to farmers: 'Are you happy that you voted for me?'
by Sarah Westwood | Jan 8, 2018, 4:46 PM

President Trump talked up the ways tax cuts and deregulation will help farmers, telling the audience at the American Farm Bureau Federation's annual convention on Monday that the tax bill he helped shepherd through Congress last year will help them earn and keep more money.

"Oh, are you happy that you voted for me," Trump said during the agriculture event in Nashville, Tenn. on Monday. "The other choice wasn't going to work too well for the farmers."

"From now on, most family farms and small business owners will be spared the punishment of the deeply unfair estate, known as the death tax— so you can keep your farms in the family," Trump said. "That was a tough one to get."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-touts-tax-bills-benefits-to-farmers-are-you-happy-that-you-voted-for-me/article/2645318
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
@mystery-ak I had time to listen to the whole speech.  It was great!

At the very end when he went to the table to sign the two bills, there was no microphone.  So in a very Trump-like way he went back to the lectern, and said, "What? No microphone at the table?" He then signed the bills at the lectern.

I don't think he likes giving out pens.  He signed each bill with a single pen, then handed each pen to whomever was standing behind him.

Thrifty President, eh?
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

At the very end when he went to the table to sign the two bills, there was no microphone.  So in a very Trump-like way he went back to the lectern, and said, "What? No microphone at the table?" He then signed the bills at the lectern.

I don't think he likes giving out pens.  He signed each bill with a single pen, then handed each pen to whomever was standing behind him.

Thrifty President, eh?

I saw part of that.  I have it on tape.  One thing I loved, loved, loved was his defense of Andrew Jackson.

OMG, I cannot believe the idiots here who hate Andrew Jackson, an American hero, because they read something or another about slaves and indians.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OMG, I cannot believe the idiots here who hate Andrew Jackson, an American hero, because they read something or another about slaves and indians.

It was called The Trail of Tears....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Thrifty President, eh?

I watched it to..it was very good and the crowd loved him.
Support the USO

Offline aligncare

I saw part of that.  I have it on tape.  One thing I loved, loved, loved was his defense of Andrew Jackson.

It’s ridiculous isn’t it? I think some maybe lack historical perspective.

I came to America as an immigrant and I absolutely loved the stories of early American heroes that were taught me in grammar school, back when they used to teach love of country. And as a result I have a very strong emotional sense of patriotism and love for America. I always tear up at the National anthem I admit.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I came to America as an immigrant and I absolutely loved the stories of early American heroes that were taught me in grammar school, back when they used to teach love of country. And as a result I have a very strong emotional sense of patriotism and love for America. I always tear up at the National anthem I admit.

Yeah, me, too about the anthem. 

As soon as the ravaging hoardes remove every statue of Robert E. Lee and Old Traveler, they will start on Andew Jackson.  It's already begun.  It needs to stop.  It's our history.

Offline RoosGirl

I hate that type of pants.

Offline Fantom

@mystery-ak

You mean the Trail of Slave Tears. You know, the black slaves who carried their Cherokee masters baggage. And who's black slave decedents the Cherokee have kicked out of their tribe ..in violation of treaty.

As for the Indian Removal act. Congress was all aboard... they passed the act. And it was agreed to by the Cherokee in the Treaty of New Echota . For the times it was reasonable.

Remember, for every great man like Andrew Jackson... before came the likes of Dragging Canoe.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
People sobbing in their beer over the trail of tears are misguided and need to study it more thoroughly. 

And, yeah, he had slaves.  Not that many and he was considered a compassionate slave owner at the time.

The key phrase is "at the time."  We can't judge people's past behavior by our current standards.

My great something grandfather was a Baptist preacher and missionary who established churches in North and South Carolina.  He died at 90 while mounting a horse to go preach somewhere.

During my genealogy research, I got a copy of his will.  He had 3 slaves.  They were probably household help.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

One way he is helping farmers is to gouge all other Americans by continuing the ethanol boondoggle.

It is destructive on gas pricing, to the environment, to engines, to production of food and to sensibility.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I cannot believe the idiots here who hate Andrew Jackson, an American hero, because they read something or another about slaves and indians.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fantom

[imghttps://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/sw85vEoRndiHYYV8fFDvHw--~B/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wMEEzMDA7aD00MDA7dz01MzM-/https://1islam.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/jesus_facepalm.jpg.cf.jpg[/img]

Now that is something I would expect to see on the View.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

One way he is helping farmers is to gouge all other Americans by continuing the ethanol boondoggle.

It is destructive on gas pricing, to the environment, to engines, to production of food and to sensibility.

Only Ted had the balls to go face to face with that truth... and win that State.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Yeah, he needs to change on that pronto.  I still remember that primary.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Only Ted had the balls to go face to face with that truth... and win that State.

Yeah ... don't even get me started on 'what might have been.'

Offline goodwithagun

I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Pity there were 49 others.   :smokin:

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant

I do believe he could have been a great history prof.  He really put so much into that piece of history.  Tennessee has such a history!  War of 1812!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant

Me, too.  And even at home, I stand and put my hand over my heart for the National Anthem.  Been doing that since childhood.  So many sacrificed so much!  I have always figured I could stand and sing along, at least. The "Rockets red glare. The bombs bursting in air gave proof to the night that our FLAG was still there." always puts me in tears.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
People sobbing in their beer over the trail of tears are misguided and need to study it more thoroughly. 

And, yeah, he had slaves.  Not that many and he was considered a compassionate slave owner at the time.

The key phrase is "at the time."  We can't judge people's past behavior by our current standards.

My great something grandfather was a Baptist preacher and missionary who established churches in North and South Carolina.  He died at 90 while mounting a horse to go preach somewhere.

During my genealogy research, I got a copy of his will.  He had 3 slaves.  They were probably household help.
From genealogy I have learned about two greatxxx grandfathers and an a GGxx uncle killed by Indians, and a GGxx uncle killed by pro-slavery supporters. All are extremely well documented.

--George Ricker (Ricart) Maine, killed by Indians 1706  GGxx grandfather
--Maturin Ricker (Ricart) Maine, killed by Indians 1706 GGxx uncle
--Athe Meeks Indiana killed by Indians 1820 GGxx grandfather
--Elijah Parrish Lovejoy  Illinois 1837 killed by slavery supporters GGxx uncle

I hold no resentments over the behavior of others in the past, during our nation's history. (All of the above can be googled where it is well documented)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
From genealogy I have learned about two greatxxx grandfathers and an a GGxx uncle killed by Indians, and a GGxx uncle killed by pro-slavery supporters. All are extremely well documented.

--George Ricker (Ricart) Maine, killed by Indians 1706  GGxx grandfather
--Maturin Ricker (Ricart) Maine, killed by Indians 1706 GGxx uncle
--Athe Meeks Indiana killed by Indians 1820 GGxx grandfather
--Elijah Parrish Lovejoy  Illinois 1837 killed by slavery supporters GGxx uncle

I hold no resentments over the behavior of others in the past, during our nation's history. (All of the above can be googled where it is well documented)

I don't do it anymore, but I spent years looking into my Mother's history because she was so interested but didn't have the tools to do it.

I also discovered that my children are Mayflower descendants but they are not that interested in it, so I didn't get the certificate.

But you can learn a lot about history by doing genealogy.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I don't do it anymore, but I spent years looking into my Mother's history because she was so interested but didn't have the tools to do it.

I also discovered that my children are Mayflower descendants but they are not that interested in it, so I didn't get the certificate.

But you can learn a lot about history by doing genealogy.
A relative confirmed by DNA. Henry Rhoades Meeks aka "Bub" Meeks, member of Butch Cassidy's "Wild Bunch"

https://www.ancestry.com/boards/topics.crime.outlaws/234/mb.ashx

My grandmother's maiden name was Meeks, and she is from the central Utah/Wyoming branch of this well documented early pioneer  family.

* from my sister's DNA test, a closer Meeks relative contacted her and from that on both ends, we confirmed "Bub"

The most simple way for me to think about my family history, is to think of my four grandparents, that I knew well. They in turn had a total of 8 ancestors, and I heard abou them.

So what are the origins of 8 people? Times, travels, places, events in history?   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I do believe he could have been a great history prof.  He really put so much into that piece of history.  Tennessee has such a history! War of 1812!
I just thank God for all those volunteers who were willing to sacrifice it all for us Texans to achieve independence, and for giving us General Sam.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington