Author Topic: St. Paul’s Newly Minted Mayor Calls National Anthem an ‘Ode to Slavery’  (Read 1280 times)

rangerrebew

St. Paul’s Newly Minted Mayor Calls National Anthem an ‘Ode to Slavery’

January 6, 2018| by Donn Marten

Other than California, it’s hard to find a wackier state than Minnesota, the northernmost moonbat colony in the continental United States.

The “Land of 10,000 Lakes” has recently made a lot of political news due to the drawn-out melodrama of celebrity senator Al Franken who was forced from office after a series of embarrassing incidents where he allegedly groped and tried to kiss several women was ruthlessly exploited by Machiavellian Democrat Kirsten Gillibrand to enhance her own profile.

https://downtrend.com/st-pauls-newly-minted-mayor-calls-national-anthem-an-ode-to-slavery/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
More evidence their ultimate goal is to destroy America
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
If St. Paul isn't a bankrupt cesspool of liberalism, It will be under this dazzling black turd cutter.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
This mayor, like many others, is ignorant of history and is not aware of the context in this section of the poem.....

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/article/451416/star-spangled-banner-racist-anthem
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline seax

• Liberalism is a mental disorder!
    • My Image Gallery
More evidence their ultimate goal is to destroy America

That's what all this stuff is about.  They want to take away your identity, those things that bring you together a common denominator and replace it with...forgive my French but...utter bull shit.  That's the only word I feel appropriate for the left's ultimate goal...and if Hillary had gotten elected I feel safe to say it would have happened, because the republicans even if they were the majority would not stand up to her...another reason why I feel Trump was a God send.  Sometimes people need their toes stepped on, the left has no problem stepping on mine and they use stacked courts to do so.  We have some folks in this country that major on the minor and look up to people they should be asking questions to instead of walking in lock step with them.  Minnesota is going to be taken to school by the Somalians they have there....and good enough for the people that encourage it ...but the sad thing is it's the ones that didn't want it that usually suffer.  If there is a Hell, and I believe there is in some shape or form....it's for people that cram misery and suffering down other throats. 

seax  :cool:
“There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it’s only a hundred billion. It’s less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.” – Richard Feynman, 1965 Nobel Prize in Physics winner.
People will forgive you for just about everything...except for being right...when you are suppose to be wrong!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Was there ever any doubt?

What amazes me is that the population of the city is 2/3 white yet they voted for a racist.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

Many patriotic songs from that era referenced slaves as people being happy under an oppressive government.
In the Irish rebel song "Kelly The Boy From Killane" referring to the 1798 rebellion finally crushed by the British, the writer of the song in the last stanza writes about (county) Wexford's heart being pierced by traitors and slaves.  Later versions have changed slaves to knaves, but the original as I learned it was slaves.
They didn't mean black slaves but scornful subjects who were content with being ruled by the British.  Other patriotic songs including some Scottish songs reference slaves in the context of being loyal to the British. "Scots Wha Hae" is one I believe.
 I think Francis Scott Key probably meant the same thing.

Offline seax

• My Image Gallery
Many patriotic songs from that era referenced slaves as people being happy under an oppressive government.
In the Irish rebel song "Kelly The Boy From Killane" referring to the 1798 rebellion finally crushed by the British, the writer of the song in the last stanza writes about (county) Wexford's heart being pierced by traitors and slaves.  Later versions have changed slaves to knaves, but the original as I learned it was slaves.
They didn't mean black slaves but scornful subjects who were content with being ruled by the British.  Other patriotic songs including some Scottish songs reference slaves in the context of being loyal to the British. "Scots Wha Hae" is one I believe.
 I think Francis Scott Key probably meant the same thing.

Really you can look at it like this.  We were slaves to King George, all of us.  The root of this wave of tearing statues down and ridicule of anthems is just an in your face we are gonna take away your identity through your courts and you can't do anything about it.  And sadly, may people in this country feel quilty for....nothing and or just don't care.  In an area like Minnesota where the libs run things that is the rule I believe but the vast majority of the country is not that way.  What does this tell immigrants that come in this country when you tell tell them this country is corrupt and stolen everything it's accumulated and owes the world?  We have some sick people in this country that are trying to run the crazy house, that don't work too good.  Really, I have a hard time understanding their logic.

seax :cool:
“There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it’s only a hundred billion. It’s less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.” – Richard Feynman, 1965 Nobel Prize in Physics winner.
People will forgive you for just about everything...except for being right...when you are suppose to be wrong!

Offline Applewood

Thing is -- I don't know about the rest of you, but I never heard of that verse.  Never learned it in school, never sang it, never heard it sung.  I doubt it's ever used anymore -- probably because of the slave reference.  So what's the problem? 

Seems to me the mayor and the commiie anarchists who back him won't be satisfied until they completely destroy our traditions and symbols of freedom.  They have already wiped out history in many public svhools, or altered it to fit their narrative.  This generation coming up now has no idea of what this country is, the freedom it represents and the people who fought and died to  preserve that freedom.  They are being brainwashed into accepting a narrative that says all white people are evil racists and must atone for their sins and for the sins of their forefathers by destroying every last vestige of freedom and tradition. 

I used to think parents should just take their kids out of public school and homeschooling them.  But that's not enough.  We must get rid of public school education altogether.  It  is nothing more than a factory producing robots which recite the same litany of hatred for al, that is good.

Offline seax

• My Image Gallery
Thing is -- I don't know about the rest of you, but I never heard of that verse.  Never learned it in school, never sang it, never heard it sung.  I doubt it's ever used anymore -- probably because of the slave reference.  So what's the problem? 

Seems to me the mayor and the commiie anarchists who back him won't be satisfied until they completely destroy our traditions and symbols of freedom.  They have already wiped out history in many public svhools, or altered it to fit their narrative.  This generation coming up now has no idea of what this country is, the freedom it represents and the people who fought and died to  preserve that freedom.  They are being brainwashed into accepting a narrative that says all white people are evil racists and must atone for their sins and for the sins of their forefathers by destroying every last vestige of freedom and tradition. 

I used to think parents should just take their kids out of public school and homeschooling them.  But that's not enough.  We must get rid of public school education altogether.  It  is nothing more than a factory producing robots which recite the same litany of hatred for al, that is good.

Many people think only Blacks were slaves, that's not true....it's just don't fit their narrative.  I am posting an article here I wish everyone would read.  When in college, one of the classes I had to take was diversity.  We got in a discussion about retribution to blacks.  I did some research and found there were about (if my memory is correct) 1400 black slave owners in America that owned about 14000 slaves.  So if we pay retribution do the ancestors of the blacks that owned slaves shouldn't they have to pay retribution?  I know I'm a little off subject on this thread and apologize, but I'm posting this article and felt this should be mentioned.  I'm not a racist, but I'm tired of getting called names and accused of things completely false by a bunch of do gooders and cry babies.  My anger is directed at them not the good people of all colors that just want to have a fair playing ground, make a living, and raise their families....I think the constitution says the 'pursuit of happiness.'

https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-irish-slave-trade-the-forgotten-white-slaves/31076

best regards,
seax  :cool:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:53:38 pm by seax »

Offline goatprairie

For many black people it appears that slavery is the only thing that matters as far as the history of the country. According to many of them, the simple fact of many of the Founding Fathers being slave owners means they must be excised from American history.
If you (as a white person) point out the FFs, even most of the slave holders, actions created the America we know today, the greatest country in the history of the world, they still get upset.
They then exclaim "well, you've never been a slave."  Well then, neither have any of them.  If you went far enough into the past many people had ancestors who might have been slaves.  The Arabs took about million white slaves from Europe for hundreds of years only ending in maybe the 19th century.
In short, many black people can't get over slavery and still want to blame modern day white people, who weren't around at the time, for their problems.
I refuse to be part of their plan. At some point black people have to be told to join the rest of the country and get on with their lives. If Trump would do that, I'd have a lot more appreciation for him.
Until then, we have to suffer fools like the new mayor of St.Paul who wants to keep his own citizens mired in useless racial pity campaigns to no good purpose or end.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Was there ever any doubt?

What amazes me is that the population of the city is 2/3 white yet they voted for a racist.

I guess they're still working through the white guilt thing.  I guess 8 years of Obama wasn't enough penance.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Several of my ancestral lines were abolitionists. For religious reasons.

Rev. Elijah Parrish Lovejoy, for one  gave his life over ending slavery for blacks--murdered at Alton Illinois in 1837.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

Several of my ancestral lines were abolitionists. For religious reasons.

Rev. Elijah Parrish Lovejoy, for one  gave his life over ending slavery for blacks--murdered at Alton Illinois in 1837.

Doesn't matter to these malcontents.  All white people are evil racists. 

My ancestors didn't come to this country from Europe till the early 20th century, well after the slavery days.  In fact, I believe if I were  able to trace my ancestry back far enough, I might find some who were slaves themselves.  Many wealthy landowners in Europe had serfs to work their land.  Serfs is another word for slaves. 

These people can shove their white guilt into one of their orifices.  I refuse to feel guilty for slavery.

Offline dfwgator

First they came for the Confederate Flag........

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

If you went far enough into the past many people had ancestors who might have been slaves.  The Arabs took about million white slaves from Europe for hundreds of years only ending in maybe the 19th century.

Slaves were taken to be servants in Rome - many of them from conquered European lands.  Proper treatment of slaves is mentioned in biblical passages.  Slavery is not unique to a specific culture.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This guy's career should be over, I believe many from the state of Minnesota fought and died to emancipate slaves.  Where there is crime in St. Paul, a pretty safe city, seems to be from certain areas.  I hope the people wake up, the Somalis were moved into the Twin Cities per charities, churches and I guess the government too. People need to wake up to these things.  The state has a history of being liberal but who knows? Things could finally change.

Offline dfwgator

This guy's career should be over,

Instead, he'll be the new "Rising Star" in the Rat Party.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
ISailed wrote:
"What amazes me is that the population of the city is 2/3 white yet they voted for a racist."

There's nothing to be "amazed" about.
This is liberal white guilt in action.
The white fools of that place have been lulled and serenaded into self-hatred, and seem happy to vote for those who openly express anti-white sentiment.
(Liberal Jews have been behaving like this for years, as well.)

No traditional-minded white American should be very concerned about Minnesota.
Like Colorado, California, Illinois and Massachusetts they have toppled over into leftism-communism. They're unlikely to ever come back to sanity.

St. Paulians get and deserve the government they vote for.
And they surely deserve this black idiot as their mayor.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:37:07 pm by Fishrrman »