Author Topic: Fish Cakes...  (Read 6897 times)

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Re: Fish Cakes...
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 01:42:54 am »
@Slip18
Oh, the green onions are a great idea. And yeah, I'd have rather used the smoked trout I started out to do... But wintertime in Montana is a bad time to get too picky. Part of the problem is that my nuke is busted, and I can't quick-thaw  anything right now :(
I am really not good at remembering to pull stuff out of the freezer in the morning so I can cook it at night.  :shrug:

Back on the Kindle.  Arrgghhh!  Posted once, and the post just went poof! LOL!  Too many cats for two computers on the bed.  Almost as bad as your microwave.  What did we do without them, and I do remember living without them as a child.

I have a great and very simple recipe for salmon with sweet peppers.  It is a pretty dish to serve, too, and you can substitute anything you so desire in the recipe.  I like color when making a meal. I don't know why. Just me.

I will post it here very soon.  Not tonight, but as soon as those little monsters are not around walking over my keyboard.

I do love salmon. Funny, it is supposed to be good for you, too.  I wonder if chocolate is as good for you?

Is it really cold right now? Montana is so beautiful in the Autumn.
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 09:27:50 pm »
@roamer_1 Saw this and thought you'd like to take a gander at it.

https://www.recipetineats.com/salmon-patties/

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2018, 11:31:28 pm »
@roamer_1 Saw this and thought you'd like to take a gander at it.

https://www.recipetineats.com/salmon-patties/

Excellent! I keep meaning to get some panko in the house... But I always seem to make due with corn meal... or double dipped with flour... :shrug:

But I will give this a whirl... I will be at the store tomorrow, and will get the panko. I have the canned salmon... about 4 rows of 5.... something like 20 cans now... Just stocked that up some a couple weeks ago.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2018, 11:36:58 pm »
My father once told me that if it smells like fish, eat it. Because of that I like to have haddock and clams once a month.

My Father said if it smells like the shit house door off a tuna boat order the burger and find another girl.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2018, 11:39:56 pm »
Back on the Kindle.  Arrgghhh!  Posted once, and the post just went poof! LOL!  Too many cats for two computers on the bed.  Almost as bad as your microwave.  What did we do without them, and I do remember living without them as a child.

I have a great and very simple recipe for salmon with sweet peppers.  It is a pretty dish to serve, too, and you can substitute anything you so desire in the recipe.  I like color when making a meal. I don't know why. Just me.

I will post it here very soon.  Not tonight, but as soon as those little monsters are not around walking over my keyboard.

I do love salmon. Funny, it is supposed to be good for you, too.  I wonder if chocolate is as good for you?

Is it really cold right now? Montana is so beautiful in the Autumn.

Sorry, @Slip18 , I just caught your post...
Salmon and sweet peppers sounds great! I make a honey-mustard salmon steak that is wonderfully delicious... serve it with asparagus spears and a side of rice pilaf... It's a fifty dollar plate at a restaurant,  no doubt!

Anything salmon is great with me. The only thing better is trout.

Not terrible cold... just hit a chilly spot (teens w. below 0 at night), but today was high 20's got about a foot and a half of snow back on the ground too - It had almost melted off... Always makes you think of spring, but it always turns out to be a damn dirty lie.

:beer:

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 01:23:36 am »
Sorry, @Slip18 , I just caught your post...
Salmon and sweet peppers sounds great! I make a honey-mustard salmon steak that is wonderfully delicious... serve it with asparagus spears and a side of rice pilaf... It's a fifty dollar plate at a restaurant,  no doubt!

Anything salmon is great with me. The only thing better is trout.

Not terrible cold... just hit a chilly spot (teens w. below 0 at night), but today was high 20's got about a foot and a half of snow back on the ground too - It had almost melted off... Always makes you think of spring, but it always turns out to be a damn dirty lie.

I just caught yours, too!

Actually had my fave salmon with sweet peppers tonight while @Cyber Liberty had his surf and turf.

"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra