Author Topic: Large increases in snowfall over Antarctica could counter sea level rise, scientists say  (Read 289 times)

rangerrebew

Large increases in snowfall over Antarctica could counter sea level rise, scientists say
By Chris Mooney January 3 at 3:48 PM

Scientists have found large increases in snow accumulation in a vast region of eastern Antarctica, a trend that, if it continues or becomes more widespread, could lessen the ice sheet’s contribution to sea level rise and mitigate one of the most feared consequences of climate change.

The study, conducted by scientists from NASA and several other institutions, examined snowfall in western Queen Maud Land, an area due south of the southern tip of Africa that is warming rapidly and contains 7 percent of Antarctica’s ice.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2018/01/03/large-antarctic-snowfall-increases-could-counter-sea-level-rise-scientists-say/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.4ad5a3d54bae

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
They just make stuff up as they go.   Those people from NASA weather are lying to you.   The real reason sea levels are rising and sea temps are getting warmer is because everyone is pissing in the ocean these days.  It is like my bathtub theory.  If you pee in a bathtub it will eventually fill up and be warm.   Just don't piss on my leg and tell me it is raining.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."