Author Topic: Obituaries for 2018  (Read 159458 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: Obituaries for 2018
« Reply #1075 on: October 25, 2018, 02:24:35 am »
Wow!  My mom made that green bean casserole every Thanksgiving.  Now  my  brother and SIL continue the tradition. 

Rest in peace, Mrs. Reilly and thank you.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:51:38 pm by Applewood »

Offline verga

« Reply #1076 on: October 25, 2018, 11:36:08 am »
Wow!  My mom made that green bean casserole every Thanksgiving.  Now  my  brother and SIL continue the trafition. 

Loved it growing up, my wife's family didn't make it, so now we don't. Might ask the wife to do it this year in honor of Mrs. Reilly
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

debrawiest

« Reply #1077 on: October 25, 2018, 12:56:30 pm »
Loved it growing up, my wife's family didn't make it, so now we don't. Might ask the wife to do it this year in honor of Mrs. Reilly

It’s a Thanksgiving staple at our house. One year, I tried to change it up and offered a more “modern” version of green bean casserole. Wow. The push-back from the family was ridiculous. So back to the original.
And it always reminds me of going to my grandparents for the holidays. Grandma made the best food.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1078 on: October 25, 2018, 01:50:18 pm »
Pretty amazing how directly and deeply Mrs. Reilly affected so many people.  We will have our traditional green bean casserole at Thanksgiving and Christmas too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1079 on: October 25, 2018, 01:56:48 pm »
Pretty amazing how directly and deeply Mrs. Reilly affected so many people.  We will have our traditional green bean casserole at Thanksgiving and Christmas too.

I think she should be immortalized as the purveyor of the low brow cuisine trend  that onion strings taste good on about anything.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1080 on: October 25, 2018, 01:59:18 pm »
I think she should be immortalized as the purveyor of the low brow cuisine trend  that onion strings taste good on about anything.   :cool:

Hey, nothing low brow about it if it tastes good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1081 on: October 25, 2018, 02:07:31 pm »

I agree.  But tell that to some of these millennials who think they are professional home chefs.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1082 on: October 25, 2018, 02:15:15 pm »

Amen to that!  I absolutely love it, and have since I was a kid.

RIP Mrs. Reilly.  You've made a lot of people happy.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1083 on: October 25, 2018, 02:16:12 pm »
Wow!  My mom made that green bean casserole every Thanksgiving.  Now  my  brother and SIL continue the trafition. 

We do it every year.
The only change is fresh green beans, over canned or frozen.
Everything else on the recipe remains the same.
We may have thrown in fresh mushrooms a time or two.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1084 on: October 25, 2018, 10:39:04 pm »
Swamp Rock Icon Tony Joe White Dead at 75

Singer-songwriter Tony Joe White, a prolific tunesmith whose swamp-soaked 1968 pop hit “Polk Salad Annie,” reflected his Louisiana upbringing, died yesterday, Wednesday, October 24th, of natural causes at his home in Leipers Fork, Tennessee, just outside Nashville. He was 75.

White, who had a Top Ten record with “Polk Salad Annie,” also saw it popularized by Elvis Presley. He was also perhaps best known as the writer of the deeply atmospheric and soulful “Rainy Night in Georgia,” a Number Four pop hit for Brook Benton in 1970 and covered by a number of other acts including Hank Williams Jr., B.J. Thomas, Shelby Lynne, and as a duet by Conway Twitty and Sam Moore.

Excerpt.  More at:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/tony-joe-white-dead-obituary-747393/

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1085 on: October 25, 2018, 10:44:52 pm »
Wah Wah Watson, Guitarist for Marvin Gaye and Michael Jackson, Dead at 67
Former Funk Brother Melvin Ragin’s idiosyncratic riffs anchored many Motown classics

His two most iconic recordings . . .

The Temptations, "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone"

! No longer available

Marvin Gaye, "Let's Get It On"

! No longer available

RIP to an exemplary Funk Brother . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1086 on: October 25, 2018, 10:51:29 pm »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online berdie

« Reply #1088 on: October 26, 2018, 01:51:21 am »

Excerpt.  More at:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/tony-joe-white-dead-obituary-747393/

In the 90's or early 2000's I went to see Joe Cocker. Tony Joe opened for him. I was surprised...he was great! RIP

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1089 on: October 26, 2018, 04:45:50 pm »

Excerpt.  More at:

He was a Louisiana guy who played Texas a lot in his early days.
Just 2 weeks ago, I heard an interview with him on satellite radio.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #1090 on: October 29, 2018, 10:11:50 pm »
Lindon Crow, veteran of NFL's 'greatest game ever,' dies at 85

Lindon Crow, the former NFL defensive back who had three interceptions in the 1958 sudden-death NFL championship dubbed "the greatest game ever played," has died. He was 85.

He died Thursday in Exeter, California, due to complications from a series of strokes, the University of Southern California said Friday.

Crow led the NFL in interceptions with 11 in 1956 and had 41 picks in his pro career. He played defensive back for the Cardinals from 1955 to '57, New York Giants from 1958 to '60, and Los Angeles Rams from 1961 to '64.

More

Wikipedia

Career stats

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:17:25 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline endicom

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:46:17 am by endicom »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1092 on: October 30, 2018, 05:59:45 pm »
James J. Bulger, Jr., Boston mafioso, dies at 89

Born in the projects of Boston to a disabled Canadian father and Irish mother, Bulger earned a reputation as a criminal in his childhood. After a troubled stint in the Air Force, he began developing connections with Boston's organized crime scene, eventually rising to the top of the Winter Hill Gang, a mixture of Irish and Sicilian mafia forces that controlled South Boston.

Bulger is believed to have been involved in dozens of murders, many of which were overlooked because of Bulger's relationship with John Connolly, a handler for the FBI, whom Bulger manipulated to help bring down the rival Patriarca crime family and people whom he viewed as threats to his power, essentially turning the FBI into an enforcement arm for his own mob.

In 1994, the Drug Enforcement Agency bypassed the FBI and began investigating Bulger themselves, at which point Bulger fled town. The FBI would eventually place Bulger on their Ten Most Wanted list.

Bulger was found after 16 years as a fugitive from justice in 2011 and convicted of racketeering shortly thereafter. He was killed in prison shortly after arriving in a transfer to West Virginia where at least two other homicides had occurred in the previous two months.

Obituary from Nexstar Broadcasting Group

Wikipedia
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1093 on: October 30, 2018, 06:09:26 pm »
Mueller and Comey may be breathing a sigh of relief at that news.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1094 on: October 30, 2018, 06:14:20 pm »

I'm thinking that too.  Especially Mueller.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1095 on: October 30, 2018, 07:41:23 pm »
James J. Bulger, Jr., Boston mafioso, dies at 89

Born in the projects of Boston to a disabled Canadian father and Irish mother, Bulger earned a reputation as a criminal in his childhood. After a troubled stint in the Air Force, he began developing connections with Boston's organized crime scene, eventually rising to the top of the Winter Hill Gang, a mixture of Irish and Sicilian mafia forces that controlled South Boston.

Bulger is believed to have been involved in dozens of murders, many of which were overlooked because of Bulger's relationship with John Connolly, a handler for the FBI, whom Bulger manipulated to help bring down the rival Patriarca crime family and people whom he viewed as threats to his power, essentially turning the FBI into an enforcement arm for his own mob.

In 1994, the Drug Enforcement Agency bypassed the FBI and began investigating Bulger themselves, at which point Bulger fled town. The FBI would eventually place Bulger on their Ten Most Wanted list.

Bulger was found after 16 years as a fugitive from justice in 2011 and convicted of racketeering shortly thereafter. He was killed in prison shortly after arriving in a transfer to West Virginia where at least two other homicides had occurred in the previous two months.

Obituary from Nexstar Broadcasting Group

Wikipedia

@jmyrlefuller

So,he was whacked? Normally,I would say "good for the whackers,they saved the taxpayers some money!",but this guy was likely to drop any day anyhow.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1096 on: October 30, 2018, 07:42:24 pm »

@Sanguine

Why? What am I missing?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1097 on: October 30, 2018, 07:45:50 pm »
@Sanguine

Why? What am I missing?

No, Robert Mueller And James Comey Aren't Heroes | HuffPost

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/conflicts-of-... Proxy  Highlight

Jun 6, 2017 ... I wanted to believe Director Mueller when he expressed some regret in our ... to the four men framed for murders committed by (the FBI operated) Bulger gang. ... What's not well understood is that Comey and Mueller's joint ...
How do Hannity's attempts to link Mueller to 'Whitey' Bulger hold up?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/04/13/hanni... Proxy  Highlight

Apr 13, 2018 ... Here is what we know about Robert Mueller's record on the matter during his time in Boston.
Alan Dershowitz: Boston Remembers Mueller Protected Whitey ...

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/alan-dershowitz-m... Proxy  Highlight

Apr 8, 2018 ... Alan Dershowitz Rips Special Counsel Mueller as 'a Partisan and ... director's role in protecting "notorious mass murderer" Whitey Bulger as an ...
Robert Mueller, Andrew Weissmann, the FBI and the Mob - Sara A ...

https://saraacarter.com/robert-mueller-andrew-weis... Proxy  Highlight

Mar 21, 2018 ... But rarely are Weissmann and Mueller's past cases discussed in the ... Bulger, who Connolly aided in escaping FBI custody in the 90s, was a ...
Probing Mueller: What Were His Roles in Boston Mafia Murders ...

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/ite... Proxy  Highlight

Apr 18, 2018 ... Was Robert Mueller, the special counsel, complicit in one of the worst ... Mr. Bulger was a notorious crime boss in Boston, the head of the ...
Mark Penn: No One Is Allowed To Question Mueller, Comey or ...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/05/05... Proxy  Highlight

May 5, 2018 ... But in the Bulger case, there were four innocent people in jail due to ... it seems that no one could really question either Mueller or Comey or ...
Former FBI Director Robert Mueller's History of Cover-Ups - Global ...

https://www.globalresearch.ca/former-fbi-director-... Proxy  Highlight

Aug 1, 2018 ... “Mueller was also in that position while Whitey Bulger was helping the FBI ... “ Robert Mueller (and James Comey as deputy attorney general) ...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1098 on: October 30, 2018, 08:28:25 pm »
Wow, live and learn. I didn't know there was a federal prison for men in W.Va., just the one for women, Alderson, where Squeaky Fromme and Martha Stewart were sent.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1099 on: October 30, 2018, 08:45:17 pm »
@Cyber Liberty, from the Daily Mail article: 

Sources tell DailyMail.com Bulger was about to dish on FBI informant program

...The sources said he hadn't even been processed at the West Virginia facility when he was killed. But someone who knew he was being transferred put the word out - the killer had to know he was coming. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:47:07 pm by Sanguine »