Poll

Which current Major League Baseball parks have you been to for a game?

Angels - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA
5 (12.2%)
Astros - Minute Maid Park - Houston, TX
1 (2.4%)
Athletics - Oakland Alameda County Stadium - Oakland, CA
1 (2.4%)
Blue Jays - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON
0 (0%)
Braves - Sun Trust Park - Atlanta, GA
1 (2.4%)
Brewers - Miller Park - Milwaukee, WI
0 (0%)
Cardinals - Busch Stadium III - St. Louis, MO
0 (0%)
Cubs - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
2 (4.9%)
Diamondbacks - Chase Field - Phoenix, AZ
4 (9.8%)
Dodgers - Dodger Stadium - Los Angeles, CA
6 (14.6%)
Giants - AT&T Park - San Francisco, CA
2 (4.9%)
Indians - Progressive Field - Cleveland, OH
1 (2.4%)
Mariners - Safeco Park - Seattle, WA
0 (0%)
Marlins - Marlins Park - Miami, FL
0 (0%)
Mets - Citi Field - Queens, NYC, NY
0 (0%)
Nationals - Nationals Park - Washington, DC
0 (0%)
Orioles - Oriole Park at Camden Yards - Baltimore, MD
3 (7.3%)
Padres - Petco Park - San Diego, CA
3 (7.3%)
Phillies - Citizens Bank Park - Philadelphia, PA
1 (2.4%)
Pirates - PNC Park - Pittsburgh, PA
1 (2.4%)
Rangers - Globe Life Park in Arlington - Arlington, TX
2 (4.9%)
Rays - Tropicana Field - St. Petersburg, FL
1 (2.4%)
Red Sox - Fenway Park - Boston, MA
1 (2.4%)
Reds - Great American Ball Park - Cincinnati, OH
2 (4.9%)
Rockies - Coors Field - Denver, CO
0 (0%)
Royals - Kauffman Stadium - Kansas City, MO
2 (4.9%)
Tigers - Comerica Park - Detroit, MI
0 (0%)
Twins - Target Field - Minneapolis, MN
1 (2.4%)
White Sox - Guaranteed Rate Field - Chicago, IL
0 (0%)
Yankees - New Yankee Stadium - The Bronx, NYC, NY
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: BASEBALL 2018---BRING IT ON!  (Read 49888 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: BASEBALL 2018---BRING IT ON!
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2018, 03:40:45 pm »
I know some Ranger fans who are uhhh  feeling a little deflated right now. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2018, 03:48:41 pm »
Astro's home opener tonight.
Local TV is going to cover the ballpark all day.
They have pregame stuff going on outside, and this will be the first time they've played at home as the World Series champs, in regular season anyway.
They played 2 exhibition games here against the Brewers before taking 3 out of 4 from the Rangers in Arlington, to open the season.

(I really enjoyed typing the part in italics...)

:cool:

If you go down there, be sure and pay homage to the Trophy.  It's spectacular and will send a shiver down your spine! 888high58888
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2018, 04:08:14 pm »
If you go down there, be sure and pay homage to the Trophy.  It's spectacular and will send a shiver down your spine! 888high58888

Unfortunately, I'll have to work.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2018, 04:24:13 pm »
Unfortunately, I'll have to work.

It'll be there on display all season, so take your time. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2018, 05:57:55 pm »
Mike Trout---RBI double. Justin Upton---sacrifice fly. The Angels re-take the lead, 4-3, middle of the fifth.
Ohtani's only real dicy inning: the second. He wasn't feeling the breaking balls right just yet and the A's made
him pay.

Just a little tidbit from a collector:  Anything signed by Mike Trout is very expensive. Probably the most expensive of any player.  I cannot figure out why, unless he is like Koufax and only signs things for people who will keep them.

Dang, my three baseballs don't show up when I amusing the Lenovo.  Comes up when you type the word "baseball" on the Kindle.  Different strokes and all, I guess.  LOL!

:shrug:
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2018, 05:59:19 pm »
I think the Tigers are already mathematically eliminated.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2018, 06:02:51 pm »
I think the Tigers are already mathematically eliminated.

I cannot for the life of me figure out the "RDIFF" that is now being used on MLB.com.  It is on the area where they show wins and losses for the team.  It is different from last year.

Clueless here!  Ratio difference? 

**nononono*

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2018, 06:13:55 pm »
I cannot for the life of me figure out the "RDIFF" that is now being used on MLB.com.  It is on the area where they show wins and losses for the team.  It is different from last year.

Clueless here!  Ratio difference? 

**nononono*
Run differential.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2018, 06:17:25 pm »
Whiners of the Weekend Award to the Minnesota Twins---for bitching about the Orioles' Chance Sisco, facing a defensive shift,
bunting away from the shift and picking up an infield single that was only the second Oriole hit of the game. What did the Twins
expect Sisco to do when they shifted on him, roll over and play dead? If you're going to put a shift on in the ninth inning when
you're ahead 7-0, you don't get to complain when the hitter takes advantage of that shift and pushes a base hit up the
unoccupied side.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2018, 06:20:37 pm »
@Slip18
In the years when Mark Grace first broke into the majors, the Cubs were so short-sighted that they didn't see something which might have made
a big difference in both their ability to win games and in Grace's career: Grace was a kind of anomaly---he was a first baseman with the hitting skills
of a number two hitter, playing with Ryne Sandberg, a second baseman with the hitting skills of a number three hitter. Like too many clubs at the
time the Cubs batted both players according to their position's "traditional" batting order slots and not according to their skill sets. Sandberg became
a Hall of Famer regardless, but you wonder a) whether Grace would have shaken out as a Hall of Famer if he'd been batted according to his skill set
and not his field position, and b) whether Sandberg would have been even more run productive hitting number three or even cleanup. The Cubs
in those years didn't have the brains to think that deeply about their resources.

Too bad there isn't a "Most Congenial Ballplayer."  Mark would have that one tied up.

First basemen are a whole different lot in baseball.  First baseman Joey Votto of the Reds bought a goat for a teammate on a bet last season.

Love it!

888high58888

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2018, 06:25:55 pm »
Run differential.

Thank you, Easy.  Now it makes sense.

The Dodgers are ahead of us in the RDIFF factor even though we have a better average.  Three whole games, and we are ahead of the Dodgers.  Too funny.  We play them tonight.  Should be interesting.  Kershaw will probably be pitching on Tuesday for the Dodgers, if the five-day rest "rule" is still in effect.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2018, 06:37:11 pm »
Too bad there isn't a "Most Congenial Ballplayer."  Mark would have that one tied up.

First basemen are a whole different lot in baseball.  First baseman Joey Votto of the Reds bought a goat for a teammate on a bet last season.

Love it!

888high58888
I've known of a few flaky first basemen in my years . . . Joe Pepitone (who had problems running way deeper than merely being a flake) . . .
Keith Hernandez . . . Vic Power . . .

Still, nobody beats pitchers for flakiness.

Think of Wilcy Moore, who revenged a Babe Ruth prank by buying Ruth a pair of donkeys he named Babe and Ruth . . . Lefty Gomez, who once stopped
a game so he could watch a flying boat passing over Yankee Stadium en route La Guardia Airport's Marine Air Terminal . . . Moe Drabowsky, maybe
the flakiest of the flakes, who once did such a perfect impression of A's manager Alvin Dark he called the A's bullpen to order a reliever to warm up
when the A's starter was working a shutout and also ran a string of fireworks from the bullpen to Chief Noc-A-Homa's teepee and lit them "waiting
for the Chief to surrender" . . . the Orioles bullpen of the mid-1960s, who had wienie roasts when they weren't warming up (and who once spiked
an opposing bullpen's water cooler with live goldfish) . . . Juan Marichal, who loved to prank teammates by leaving them elaborately-carved perfume
bottles to give their wives or girlfriends as gifts, only to have the poor victims discover the hard way the perfumes were loaded with stink bombs . . .
Roger McDowell, who once wore his uniform upside down out to the bullpen and also once gave the Mets' first base coach a time-delayed hotfoot
that exploded into flames as the coach got back out to the coaching line . . .

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2018, 09:06:36 pm »
I've known of a few flaky first basemen in my years . . . Joe Pepitone (who had problems running way deeper than merely being a flake) . . .
Keith Hernandez . . . Vic Power . . .

Still, nobody beats pitchers for flakiness.

Think of Wilcy Moore, who revenged a Babe Ruth prank by buying Ruth a pair of donkeys he named Babe and Ruth . . . Lefty Gomez, who once stopped
a game so he could watch a flying boat passing over Yankee Stadium en route La Guardia Airport's Marine Air Terminal . . . Moe Drabowsky, maybe
the flakiest of the flakes, who once did such a perfect impression of A's manager Alvin Dark he called the A's bullpen to order a reliever to warm up
when the A's starter was working a shutout and also ran a string of fireworks from the bullpen to Chief Noc-A-Homa's teepee and lit them "waiting
for the Chief to surrender" . . . the Orioles bullpen of the mid-1960s, who had wienie roasts when they weren't warming up (and who once spiked
an opposing bullpen's water cooler with live goldfish) . . . Juan Marichal, who loved to prank teammates by leaving them elaborately-carved perfume
bottles to give their wives or girlfriends as gifts, only to have the poor victims discover the hard way the perfumes were loaded with stink bombs . . .
Roger McDowell, who once wore his uniform upside down out to the bullpen and also once gave the Mets' first base coach a time-delayed hotfoot
that exploded into flames as the coach got back out to the coaching line . . .

Ya gotta love first basemen!  Thank you for that.  For some reason they have always been of interest to me. Just a bit on the edge.

:silly:

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2018, 09:23:26 pm »
Ya gotta love first basemen!  Thank you for that.  For some reason they have always been of interest to me. Just a bit on the edge.

:silly:
I should tell you that the Oriole bullpen wienie roasts may have been inspired by Whitey Ford of the Yankees. Ford wasn't a relief pitcher, but he
did like to show his appreciation to the Yankee bullpen by setting up a table with a red-and-white checkered tablecloth, hero sandwich rolls,
assorted cold cuts, condiments, and spices.

Then there was the Mets bullpen of the mid-to-late 1970s---they grew fresh vegetables in their Shea Stadium bullpen for a time.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2018, 02:38:33 pm »
@EasyAce

D-Backs snookered the Dodgers in 15 innings.  5 hours 46 minutes.  Longest time for our team on the field.  LOL!

Dodgers were ahead or tied with us the whole time.  We both ran out of players, save for starters.  Mathis, our catcher, came in the game to pitch in the 16th, but he hit in the 15th.  Goldy and Pollock walked. Mathis hit a single.

5th walkoff for Mathis in his career.

Fun game, kind of like sandlot.  LOL!

⚾⚾⚾
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 02:39:24 pm by Slip18 »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline EasyAce

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2018, 06:48:49 pm »
Opening Day at Fenway Park tomorrow... and the forecast is: Sunny, with a high near 43. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.

Better bundle up, and with the wind blowing out to Center/Right, somebody's going to go yahhhhd....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2018, 09:17:18 pm »
...and the Astros are now 6-1 to start the season.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2018, 10:05:29 pm »
:thumbsup:
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2018, 10:27:16 pm »

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2018, 10:36:51 pm »
Snakes just swept the Dodgers.   :patriot:
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2018, 10:56:10 pm »
Shotei Ohtani hit his second bomb in two days---a two-run shot off Corey Kluber, of all people!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2018, 10:57:53 pm »
. . . and, that'll be my New York Mets at the top of the NL East right now, at 4-1. The bullpen, of all people, went five scoreless
this afternoon as the Mets beat the Phillies, 4-2.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2018, 12:35:27 am »

BEEEEE-  UUUUUUU-  Tiful

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.