Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread: 2018  (Read 21522 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
The Official TBR Silliness Thread: 2018
« on: January 01, 2018, 03:48:44 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread: 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 01:15:02 pm »

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 03:55:44 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 08:02:15 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 11:49:47 pm »

Marcus Williams memes
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:50:26 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 04:06:34 am »
:2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 09:25:16 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 09:29:54 pm »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 04:51:00 am »

Partially redacted Nunes memo released.

neontaster@neontaster
2 hours ago

The memo will come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom bitcoin
That tomorrow
Won't be fun

Think pieces and Tweets
Tomorrow
Make want to drown away the sorrow
with bourbon!

Tomorrow!
Tomorrow!
A sh*t show tomorrow!
We'll forget about it by Monday!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 07:24:09 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 07:26:06 am »

TWlTTER DOT COM SLASH PIXELATED BOAT@pixelatedboat
4 hours ago

People are touting Joe Kennedy III as a future president but I wonder if they’d be as enthusiastic if they knew about his controversial stance on windowsill pie theft:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 09:05:15 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 02:17:02 am »

Mujahed Kobbe @Moj_kobe
3 hours ago

It was all just one 7 hr long #TideAd

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:18:07 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 04:48:24 pm »
https://www.theonion.com/white-supremacist-tired-after-long-day-of-interviews-wi-1822818329
White Supremacist Tired After Long Day Of Interviews With Mainstream News Outlets

GEORGETOWN, OH—Following conversations with the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, and Newsweek, white supremacist Bryan McCafferty was reportedly exhausted Thursday after a long day of interviews with mainstream news outlets. “God, I really want to just get home and sleep, but I still have a sit-down with the New York Times at 7:30, and my CNN segment is filming right after at nine,” said McCafferty, lamenting that he didn’t have a spare minute to finish email correspondences about rural neo-Nazis with NPR and PBS NewsHour because a Salon reporter accompanied him this week to better understand his hatred of black and Hispanic neighbors. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited to spread the message of a white ethnostate, but I just can’t do any more phone interviews with Chris Hayes or Jake Tapper while I’m driving my kids to school. It’s draining.” McCafferty added that he’s at least been fortunate enough to still find time to harass local minorities and Jews.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2018, 04:15:53 pm »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2018, 05:01:04 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 10:38:17 pm »
http://babylonbee.com/news/republicans-announce-plan-pretend-fiscally-conservative-moment-democrat-takes-office/

Republicans Announce Plan To Pretend To Be Fiscally Conservative Again The Moment A Democrat Takes Office

WASHINGTON, D.C.—During a budgetary discussion Friday, Republican lawmakers announced a plan to pretend to be fiscally conservative again if a Democrat takes office again in 2020 or 2024.

The GOP said it would begin to decry deficit spending and the $20 trillion debt in order to win votes as soon as political power swung back to the opposing party.

“The second a Democrat is back in the White House, we will once again start yelling about fiscal responsibility,” Speaker Paul Ryan said in an address to the House of Representatives Friday. “For now, we will continue to vote for unsustainable and irresponsible budgets that your children’s children’s children will pay for for centuries to come.”

At publishing time, Republicans further announced they would pretend to oppose giving Planned Parenthood a half billion dollars year after year once they need conservative voters’ support to regain their offices.

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 10:43:40 pm »

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 12:35:46 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 02:07:29 am »
The Onion @TheOnion
Feb 13

White House Now Just Holding Continuous Going-Away Party For Departing Staffers https://trib.al/mX3LYoQ

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 05:48:40 pm »

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2018, 08:38:41 pm »
! No longer available

From @UtahReps: "Our representatives have taken the time to explain how a law is made...with a surprise twist. Give it a listen and share so all your friends can know how laws are made! #utpol"

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 02:55:46 pm »
TWlTTER DOT COM SLASH PIXELATED BOAT@pixelatedboat
4 hours ago

People are touting Joe Kennedy III as a future president but I wonder if they’d be as enthusiastic if they knew about his controversial stance on windowsill pie theft:

The red-headed Kennedy was probably drooling over the pie itself.

I was honestly thinking of a sea urchin.  They are a protected species in California, along with everything else under the sun.

**nononono*
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 07:01:22 am »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2018, 04:05:51 pm »
Paddy was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place. Looking up to heaven he said, "Lord take pity on me. If you find me a parking place I will go to Mass every Sunday for the rest of me life and give up me Irish Whiskey!"

Miraculously, a parking place appeared.

Paddy looked up again and said, "Never mind, I found one."

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2018, 05:05:17 pm »
Paddy was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place. Looking up to heaven he said, "Lord take pity on me. If you find me a parking place I will go to Mass every Sunday for the rest of me life and give up me Irish Whiskey!"

Miraculously, a parking place appeared.

Paddy looked up again and said, "Never mind, I found one."
I loled