Author Topic: Ukraine chess champion ready for praise and blame over Saudi boycott  (Read 1870 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Reuters
Sergei Karazy
DECEMBER 27, 2017

LVIV, Ukraine (Reuters) - Ukrainian chess champion Anna Muzychuk is ready for both praise and blame for boycotting this week’s world speed chess championship in Saudi Arabia - something which means she will lose two world titles and pass up substantial earnings.

The 27-year-old Muzychuk is refusing to defend her titles in rapid and blitz chess in Riyadh in protest at the host country’s record on women’s rights.

Rules governing women’s status meant she would have been made to feel “a secondary creature”, she said in a Facebook post.

(more)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-sports-chess-ukraine/ukraine-chess-champion-ready-for-praise-and-blame-over-saudi-boycott-idUSKBN1EL1A8
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Ukraine chess champion ready for praise and blame over Saudi boycott
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 01:35:48 pm »
Fine with me, besides, Israeli players are not welcomed at this chess tournament.
http://www.afr.com/news/politics/world/saudi-arabia-blocks-israels-chess-team-from-world-championships-20171228-h0atp6

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 01:46:22 pm »
Fine with me, besides, Israeli players are not welcomed at this chess tournament.
http://www.afr.com/news/politics/world/saudi-arabia-blocks-israels-chess-team-from-world-championships-20171228-h0atp6

Yeah. It is about time normal modern man stops pandering to these 7th century savages and their anachronistic primitive and incredibly sexist/racist 'laws'.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 02:03:27 pm »
How is this national news @240B ?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 02:21:10 pm »
How is this national news @240B ?
@Right_in_Virginia

What? What are you on about?
Ich verstehe dich nicht.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 02:32:24 pm »
<Removed>

RIV, insults in German are still insults.  Cut it out.

Why don’t you try clarifying your point instead of going potty mouth in German?  Better yet, ask the moderators to move the post to World news. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:46:50 pm by Mod1 »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 02:40:28 pm »
Why don’t you try clarifying your point instead of going potty mouth in German?  Better yet, ask the moderators to move the post to World news.

I didn't know there was a World News. Of course that's where it belongs but I thought they got rid of it once EC left.

Where is World News? I can't find it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:42:06 pm by 240B »

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 02:42:11 pm »

I didn't know there was a World News. Of course that's where it belongs but I thought they got rid of it once EC left.

No worries. It’s still there, just below National News on the main page.  The moderators will move it for you if you hit the “report” link and ask for it to be moved. 

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 02:44:01 pm »
No worries. It’s still there, just below National News on the main page.  The moderators will move it for you if you hit the “report” link and ask for it to be moved.

Not on my browser. There is no World News on my display. I'm going to do a search.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 02:45:02 pm »

Not on my browser. There is no World News on my display. I'm going to do a search.

It’s there on mine. 

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 02:47:41 pm »
It’s there on mine.

This is getting super weird. I'm using Chrome. I'm going to open FireFox and see if there is a difference.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 02:50:03 pm »
@Oceander

WoW! Yes, I see it in FireFox, but it does not appear in Chrome. How bizarre?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 02:54:37 pm »
OK? I guess? I'm going to FF from now on.

I guess Chrome isn't displaying right or something? This is all really very confusing?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 03:00:35 pm »
@Mod1

I figured it out. For some reason my user name has been disallowed from seeing World News. I'm on some kind of Moderator list.

When I log out of the forum I can see it. When I login, it disappears. That means that 240B is not allowed to see the  World News category. The same way that people who are not members cannot see the Members Only category.

MODs please correct this. Thank you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 03:14:55 pm »
Can you see it on FF....if so I suggest using it when on TBR..

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34