Author Topic: Pope Francis Thinks the Nativity Story is About ‘Immigrants’  (Read 679 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Constitution
By Warner Todd Huston 
December 26, 2017

Along with a growing number of his many other religious misinterpretations, it appears that Pope Francis now thinks that the nativity story is less about the birth of Christ our Lord and Savior than it is about today’s illegal immigrants currently swamping boarders across the globe.

One would think that the leader of the largest Christian sect in the world would have a solid grasp on the story of the birth of Christ, but it seems his grasp is a bit to the left — that is the modern, political left.

Instead of a story of two citizens traveling to a large town to register for a census, then having a baby in a strange place, Francis thinks the story of the birth of Christ is about today’s immigrants who he claims are “forced” to leave their homes for a better life elsewhere.

There is much we don’t know about the birth of Christ, of course. We don’t know what year it was, for instance. Nor are we 100 percent sure what month it was when Christ was born. But one thing the Gospels of Matthew and Luke are clear about (especially Luke) is that Christ’s parents, Joseph and Mary, had travelled from their home in the city of Nazareth to the city of Bethlehem. They went to the latter to register for a great census decreed by the Roman Emperor. The couple was essentially registering so the empire could tax them.

(more)
https://constitution.com/pope-francis-thinks-nativity-story-immigrants/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Pope Francis Thinks the Nativity Story is About ‘Immigrants’
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 02:07:48 pm »
I wonder if there has ever been in history a Pope as confused about the Bible, and God, and Jesus, and the nature, history, and purpose of Christianity as this guy?

He is way, way off the mark of my understanding of traditional Christian beliefs and values. His primary concerns seem to be making sure Muslim and illegal immigrants are taken care of, and ensuring homosexuals have a home in his Church. I'm not sure what any of his priorities have to do with Christianity, or God. He is more of a 'social activist' than he is any kind of 'religious figure'. He is what would happen if Nancy Pelosi ever became the Pope.

Christians are being slaughtered worldwide by a dangerous death-cult called Islam, and all he is worried about is making sure Muslims are being respected and taken care of. Non intellego?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Pope Francis Thinks the Nativity Story is About ‘Immigrants’
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 04:15:25 pm »
I wonder if there has ever been in history a Pope as confused about the Bible, and God, and Jesus, and the nature, history, and purpose of Christianity as this guy?

This Pope is a social justice warrior.  Period.