Author Topic: White House to remove historic Jackson Magnolia  (Read 3151 times)

Online corbe

Re: White House to remove historic Jackson Magnolia
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 01:37:39 am »
    AS long as he's not taking immigration reform advice from them, I'm kewl.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 01:59:28 am »
What if they made a desk for Trumps working office out of it?  He'd be writing on it every day....

That'd be good; so long as it stayed with the White House after he left.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2017, 02:13:52 am »
That'd be good; so long as it stayed with the White House after he left.

Like not pull a Clinton and make off with all the silverware and half the furniture....

I think we're good.  Call it "The Jackson Desk."  I like.

(I really don't see Trump making off with the belongings like Clinton.  He already has plenty of good stuff, and probably considers a lot of the White House stuff a step down.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 02:18:54 am »
What if they made a desk for Trumps working office out of it?  He'd be writing on it every day....
@CatherineofAragon @Oceander @Cyber Liberty Looking at that tree the longest widest boards they would get would be about 6-8 inches wide and maybe 8 foot long. That tree has some serious twists in it and the internal stresses would be fairly large. They might get 100-150 board feet out of it and maybe 70-75 good usable ones.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 02:23:17 am »
@CatherineofAragon @Oceander @Cyber Liberty Looking at that tree the longest widest boards they would get would be about 6-8 inches wide and maybe 8 foot long. That tree has some serious twists in it and the internal stresses would be fairly large. They might get 100-150 board feet out of it and maybe 70-75 good usable ones.

It was a bit of a pipe dream....

Agreed, that tree is gnarly as all get-out.  Probably pretty knotty, too.  Maybe a nice bust of old Andy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2017, 02:33:28 am »
The wood from that type of tree is creamy in color and often used for crafting and fruity decorative purposes.
It is your basic "fag" wood.  As such, it could be used to fabricate some type of tribute to Obama.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Silver Pines

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2017, 02:42:21 am »
The wood from that type of tree is creamy in color and often used for crafting and fruity decorative purposes.
It is your basic "fag" wood.  As such, it could be used to fabricate some type of tribute to Obama.

@The Ghost

Fag wood...?

Looks like some pretty decent furniture, not just crafty stuff. and not particularly faggish in color....

(wth?)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2017, 02:45:02 am »
It's crap.  Prolly why you like it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2017, 03:04:24 am »
                      gnarbly and knobbly, wtf is wrong with that?

Stolen from a special girl today, H/T @RoosGirl

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2017, 03:30:20 am »
It's crap.  Prolly why you like it.

@The Ghost

You mad, bro? 

Yeah, he mad.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2017, 04:44:51 am »

It's about time someone addresses this issue. I have been fighting against Fag Wood for the better part of my life. Started with a balsa wood plane I made in school. So light it would float through the air. Embarrassing. All my gliders were made out of Oak after that. Then I had a Poplar chair that did obscene things to me when Liza Minnelli songs came on. Cabaret was the worst. I can't even begin to describe the Naughty Pine kitchen cabinets perverse behavior when I put up pink drapes in that room.

Time to nip this shit in the bud.

Online corbe

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 04:55:37 am »
     You obviously suffer from some type of wood phobia @Frank Cannon You may need to ease up on the Blue pills, contact your Dr.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 04:56:32 am »
It's about time someone addresses this issue. I have been fighting against Fag Wood for the better part of my life. Started with a balsa wood plane I made in school. So light it would float through the air. Embarrassing. All my gliders were made out of Oak after that. Then I had a Poplar chair that did obscene things to me when Liza Minnelli songs came on. Cabaret was the worst. I can't even begin to describe the Naughty Pine kitchen cabinets perverse behavior when I put up pink drapes in that room.

Says yew......
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2017, 04:59:07 am »

Says yew......

Right there is another offending wood. Throw that in your fireplace and it becomes flaming.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2017, 05:00:44 am »
I am definitely afraid of Frank's wood.

Offline verga

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2017, 12:12:20 pm »
@CatherineofAragon Take a close look at the tree.
The vertical trunk has a seam running up the middle there are certain to be a number of occlusions. The angled trunk has several seams and further is twisted in a clockwise direction. There appear to be several burls or stunted branches. The branches that did grow are all bent or twisted.
YOU might be able to get some good/ interesting turnings out of it but not much in the way of furniture.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Silver Pines

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2017, 01:47:26 pm »
@CatherineofAragon Take a close look at the tree.
The vertical trunk has a seam running up the middle there are certain to be a number of occlusions. The angled trunk has several seams and further is twisted in a clockwise direction. There appear to be several burls or stunted branches. The branches that did grow are all bent or twisted.
YOU might be able to get some good/ interesting turnings out of it but not much in the way of furniture.
m

@verga

You’re probably right about this particular tree.  I answered @Oceander’s question about magnolia wood and responded to the claim that it’s no good for furniture because it’s creamy, crafty, and faggy.

Silver Pines

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2017, 01:56:02 pm »

@Frank Cannon

That’s one of the dead giveaways——weird stuff happening when somebody plays show tunes.  You know you’ve got fag wood in your house. 

A good way to test is to play “It’s Raining Men.”  I was sitting in a chair that grew four times larger when that song came on, so that clued me in.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2017, 02:55:29 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2017, 03:00:17 pm »
A good way to test is to play “It’s Raining Men.”  I was sitting in a chair that grew four times larger when that song came on, so that clued me in.

‘Adirondick’ chair?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2017, 03:03:26 pm »

‘Adirondick’ chair?

Damn.  All I have is a La-Z-Boy.

Silver Pines

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2017, 04:06:12 pm »

‘Adirondick’ chair?

@edpc

WINNER

Offline edpc

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2017, 04:11:43 pm »
@edpc

WINNER

If I could only use my powers for good….

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2017, 04:14:48 pm »

If I could only use my powers for good….

I dunno, I think I'm going to start encouraging you.

Offline thackney

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2017, 04:20:20 pm »
Bias alert: Newsweek mocked for misleading headline about Melania Trump’s decision to remove historic tree
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/27/bias-alert-newsweek-mocked-for-misleading-headline-about-melania-trump-s-decision-to-remove-historic-tree.html

...Newsweek has updated the body of its story but the misleading headline remains. The story now cites a report that reveals the truth about the tree that could tumble at any moment.

“Without the extensive cabling system, the tree would have fallen years ago. Presently, and very concerning, the cabling system is failing on the east trunk, as a cable has pulled through the very thin layer of wood that remains. It is difficult to predict when and how many more will fail,” the updated story says, citing a document obtained by CNN.

Some industry insiders feel that Newsweek deploys over-the-top click bait on purpose in an attempt to gain coverage from media reporters at respectable news organizations. Even left-leaning reporters and news organizations criticized Newsweek for the misleading tweet....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer