Author Topic: MOVIEGOING HITS 22-YR LOW…LA Times Blames Everyone But ANTI-TRUMP HOLLYWOOD  (Read 2474 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

100% FedUp
Dec 24, 2017

The LA Times is reporting that moviegoing is at the lowest level since 1995. The article blames Americans who are going to see fewer movies, on streaming services, which, to some extent, could be true, but from the majority of the comments we’ve seen on our Facebook page, which reaches almost 1.7 million followers, Americans are no longer interested in paying their hard-earned money to support the anti-American and anti-Trump hate machine that is Hollywood. While there are a few openly conservative actors in Hollywood, the majority of them are swimming in a cesspool of liberalism and are consumed with hate for President Trump and his deplorable supporters.   

From George Clooney trashing Trump over his stance on refugees coming to America from Muslim hotbed nations, to Meryl Streep using a televised award ceremony to trash our newly inaugurated President, to has-been pop stars like Madonna saying she’d like to blow up the White House; America has had it up to their eyeballs with people who are some of America’s top earners, thanks to the support of people they openly mock for supporting President Trump. 

(more)
https://100percentfedup.com/moviegoing-hits-22-yr-lowla-times-blames-everyone-anti-trump-hollywood/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

The internet is a much more likely culprit.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Internet's been around for 20 years now.

It's more likely that the problem they're facing now in particular is because studios are putting out lousy product. As the original LA Times article noted, Hollywood's awash in reboots, sequels, franchises, remakes and a total lack of original, marketable ideas—and that goes for TV as much as it does film.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:53:10 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Exactly. The same with brick and mortar retail.

The whole family can sit together in our own livingroom and watch a movie for less than the price of a single ticket.

I can order something through Amazon and it will be here inside of 2 days. My sister lives in Livonia and she can order in the morning and have it arrive by afternoon.

All 7 of us did go see Jumanji yesterday at a cost of $75 (over $120 with popcorn and drinks). It was actually a pretty good movie.

Offline aligncare

It's more likely that the problem they're facing now in particular is because studios are putting out lousy product. As the original LA Times article noted, Hollywood's awash in reboots, sequels, franchises, remakes and a total lack of original, marketable ideas—and that goes for TV as much as it does film.

:thumbsup:

Yep. They’re out of fresh ideas, which include fresh concepts and themes abandoned as corny by Hollywood long ago.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 04:22:23 pm by aligncare »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This was happening long before this political season.  And, yes, it's the lousy quality of movies, the cost and, for me anyway, some of the people in the audience who are on their phones, talk through the movie and are otherwise disruptive and unpleasant.  I simply don't want to hang with those people.

Oceander

Streaming HD video wasn’t around 20 years ago.  Duh.

Offline Cripplecreek

The $120 + it cost to take the whole family to the movies yesterday has something to do with it. That said both theaters showing Jumanji and both showing Star Wars were sold out with a half dozen other movies showing to a pretty full house.

Basically the remake and the prequal/sequal were doing better than the "original" movies. Personally I think Jumanji was better than the Robin Williams original.

Oceander

The $120 + it cost to take the whole family to the movies yesterday has something to do with it. That said both theaters showing Jumanji and both showing Star Wars were sold out with a half dozen other movies showing to a pretty full house.

Basically the remake and the prequal/sequal were doing better than the "original" movies. Personally I think Jumanji was better than the Robin Williams original.

Clearly.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

If you go to an early show here the tickets are generally about $7 bucks.    If you skip the popcorn that makes it affordable to go.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Hollywood really has been producing a lot of self indulgent, self affirming, crap over the past few years. But when the lower quality production value is combined with truly gigantic LCD HD televisions, and Netflix, and Amazon Prime, and theater violence, and general inconvenience, why go to a theater when you can watch it from your own safe living room sofa? You can eat all the popcorn, candy, and soda, that you can stand for almost no cost.

IMAX is the wave of the future. Normal AMC type theaters will eventually go the way of Blockbuster, but the IMAX experience is different. It is more than just 'watching  a movie' and it cannot be reproduced at home.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

Streaming HD videos, but not just the streaming of theatrical movies.  Many people now days are into series on not only cable TV channels but also on streaming services like Netflix and Amazon. Just look at the success of Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, The Man In The High Castle, Stranger Things, House of Cards….

But as evident with SW, Jumanji and probably the next Jurassic World movie, people still like to see a big movie on the big screen. I know I do.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You're nailed it.  For that kind of coin to afford a "Theater experience," I can just about afford good tickets to a professional Baseball game, minus the sticky floors.

Jumanji was good?  Kewl, I'll have to catch it when it comes to streaming video.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cripplecreek

You're nailed it.  For that kind of coin to afford a "Theater experience," I can just about afford good tickets to a professional Baseball game, minus the sticky floors.

Jumanji was good?  Kewl, I'll have to catch it when it comes to streaming video.

Just last weekend all 7 of us watched "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets" for $5.99 on Amazon Prime and we didn't have the excessive popcorn and soda cost or gas for getting us all there. Most important we have the added bonus of being able to do these things as a family without distraction.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 06:50:17 pm by Cripplecreek »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just last weekend all 7 of us watched "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets" for $5.99 on Amazon Prime and we didn't have the excessive popcorn and soda cost or gas for getting us all there. Most important we have the added bonus of being able to do these things as a family without distraction.

I like the on-demand part.  Need to take a leak?  Just pause it.  I like Amazon Prime.  Saves me a fortune on shipping, and I have a Fire Stick. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mirraflake

My wife and I still go to the theatre for certain movies like Star Wars for the sound and special effects on the big screen.

We sneak in our own snacks.

Rest of the movies we see them on PP View etc.

Last 5 years nothing really that great has been shown.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My wife and I still go to the theatre for certain movies like Star Wars for the sound and special effects on the big screen.

We sneak in our own snacks.

Rest of the movies we see them on PP View etc.

Last 5 years nothing really that great has been shown.

I used to like the Star Wars series, but I guess I lost it or something because I haven't seen anything but the first six episodes.  I think it has to do with a lack of desire to go out to theaters for anything. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline mirraflake

Baseball games just as bad. We went to a game last summer.  $25 to park, tickets $38 each, $18 for a hamburger and fries-not counting drinks.

The couple who went with us has 3 kids. Cost them over $340.00 with candy.

Offline Victoria33

@240B

It is the money.  Three family members were visiting and went to the movies, this was about 5 days ago.  The three of them, with a bag of over priced popcorn which they agreed was the worst popcorn they ever had, and a coke, was a total cost of $40 for that new star wars movie.

Everything is too much money now - even packaged food is higher with the box/bag smaller.  It reminds me of England.  I have been there many times since my son lives there.  I would go to the grocery with them and pay for it and boxes/bottles were half the size of ours then and cost twice as much as here. Now, I see the same thing here.  Europe, we are you.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 07:22:48 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline anubias

This ^^^^

We wanted to go to the movies last Friday, but could not find a thing that was watchable that we were willing to pay money to see. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My wife and I have enjoyed dinner and a movie for years.

We have changed from go when we want, and settle for the best available movie, to go ONLY when a movie of our liking is available.

Wind River, Dunkirk, La La Land are some recent good movies. Soon going to see "Darkest Hour," and "All the Money in the World."

Notice no cartoons, no sci fi, horror, or other juvenile movie types?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Baseball games just as bad. We went to a game last summer.  $25 to park, tickets $38 each, $18 for a hamburger and fries-not counting drinks.

The couple who went with us has 3 kids. Cost them over $340.00 with candy.

I’ve gone to some minor league baseball games, the Iron Birds in Aberdeen MD, Cal Ripken, Jr. was involved in building their brand new stadium, and since moving to PA, the York Revolution.

Last summer I went with my nephew and his family and a bunch of their neighbors who bought a block of tickets at a big discount for the York Revolution’s Star Wars Night. I think my ticket cost $8. It was a lot of fun and a lot of the kids were dressed up as Star Wars characters and on the score board, all the players had a Star Wars character name. They also had silly Star Wars themed stuff between innings. After they game they had a fireworks display set to Star Wars music.

It was really affordable. IIRC the parking was free and the food wasn’t outrageously priced.

And the baseball was actually really good too, I saw some great plays. Fun to watch the young and hungry players try to make it to “the show”.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I’ve gone to some minor league baseball games, the Iron Birds in Aberdeen MD, Cal Ripken, Jr. was involved in building their brand new stadium, and since moving to PA, the York Revolution.

Last summer I went with my nephew and his family and a bunch of their neighbors who bought a block of tickets at a big discount for the York Revolution’s Star Wars Night. I think my ticket cost $8. It was a lot of fun and a lot of the kids were dressed up as Star Wars characters and on the score board, all the players had a Star Wars character name. They also had silly Star Wars themed stuff between innings. After they game they had a fireworks display set to Star Wars music.

It was really affordable. IIRC the parking was free and the food wasn’t outrageously priced.

And the baseball was actually really good too, I saw some great plays. Fun to watch the young and hungry players try to make it to “the show”.

Before the Diamondbacks came to town, we had a minor league team, the Phoenix Giants (San Fran farm team).  They were a big draw, and I found the Minor League action to be very exciting play, for the reasons you mentioned. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline NavyCanDo

A politics-free very good movie for the Holidays to take the family to - Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

We loved it
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cripplecreek

A politics-free very good movie for the Holidays to take the family to - Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

We loved it

Yep, a surprisingly good and family friendly movie that I highly recommend.

The 5 year old has been telling me all day "Cake makes me explode".