Author Topic: Top 5 failed ‘snow free’ and ‘ice free’ predictions  (Read 648 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Daily Caller
MICHAEL BASTASCH
11:50 AM 03/04/2014

With the U.S. East Coast blanketed in snow once again, it’s hard to imagine that climate scientists and environmentalists predicted years ago that the “end of snow” was nigh and that the Arctic would soon be “ice-free.”

The U.S. East Coast got pounded by yet another winter storm on Monday that brought to temperatures to a 141-year record low in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. metro area. The rash of cold weather and snowstorms have put environmentalists and climate scientists on the defensive, as they explain that one exceptionally cold and snowy winter does not disprove global warming.

New York Times writer Peter Fox took to the editorial pages to pen an op-ed called the “End of Snow” which argued that global warming meant that there could be no more snowy areas to hold future Winter Olympic games.

But past predictions of “snow free” winters and even an “ice-free” Arctic have failed to materialize. Here are some past predictions that winter as we know it would become a thing of the past.

1.) Scientists predicted in 2000 that kids would grow up without snow. It was 14 years ago now when UK climate scientists argued that global warming would make snowfall a “a very rare and exciting event”.

Read more:
http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/04/top-5-failed-snow-free-and-ice-free-predictions/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Al Gore told us in 2000 that our children would never see snow.

These guys have no shame. They are absolutely utterly WRONG with everything they say and every prediction they make, and yet they have the gall to attack and demean anyone who disagrees with them. How does that work?

These guys are no different than the thousands of doomsday preachers who have all come and gone before them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
And that was 4 winters ago - here's where we are today:

Snowfall totals broke records in Erie, Pennsylvania, as snow covered much of the northeastern United States on Christmas.

From 7 p.m. on Dec. 24 to 7 p.m. Dec. 26, Erie had received 60.5 inches of snow, which shattered numerous records for the city. Nearly all of this snow fell on Monday and Tuesday.

“This is now the biggest two-day snow total on record for Pennsylvania, besting the old record of 44 inches, which was set in Morgantown from March 20-21, 1958,” AccuWeather Meteorologist Bill Deger said
Remarkably, snow hasn’t finished falling over Erie just yet, said Deger.

“A chilly flow over Lake Erie will produce more snow for the city at varying intensities through Wednesday, and they could get another 1 to 2 feet of snow through midweek,” he said.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/photos-record-breaking-snowfall-blankets-erie-pennsylvania-in-53-inches-of-snow/70003657
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA