Author Topic: Rand Paul airs grievances about Trump, Hillary and aliens in annual 'Festivus' tradition  (Read 2492 times)

Offline corbe

Rand Paul airs grievances about Trump, Hillary and aliens in annual 'Festivus' tradition

Alex Pappas By  Alex Pappas   | Fox News

As he has done in years past, Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul on Saturday participated in a humorous “airing of grievances,” a practice popularized on the television show Seinfeld. 

As he has done in years past, Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul on Saturday participated in a humorous “airing of grievances,” a practice popularized on the television show Seinfeld.  (REUTERS/Eric Thayer)

As he has done in years past, Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul on Saturday participated in a humorous “airing of grievances,” a practice popularized on the television show Seinfeld.

Characters on Seinfeld celebrate the parody holiday “Festivus” by airing grievances with each other.

For years, Paul has been tweeting his grievances, and on Saturday, he took aim at President Trump, former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and joked about a recently revealed Pentagon program to investigate UFOs at Harry Reid's request.

“You’re going to be saying #HappyFestivus again,” Paul tweeted Saturday, channeling Trump. “Believe me!”

<..snip..>

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/23/rand-paul-airs-grievances-about-trump-hillary-and-aliens-in-annual-festivus-tradition.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Other than Paul being a GD Senator, hat tip to @DCPatriot, I know this has little to do with 'serious' politics but thought some were rather funny.  Tis the season to be jolly, so lighten up folks, Enjoy. Merry Christmas and Happy Festivus to all.

Should we have a Festivus Thread so that we can all 'air our Grievances' against each other.....nah..... 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Other than Paul being a GD Senator, hat tip to @DCPatriot, I know this has little to do with 'serious' politics but thought some were rather funny.  Tis the season to be jolly, so lighten up folks, Enjoy. Merry Christmas and Happy Festivus to all.

Should we have a Festivus Thread so that we can all 'air our Grievances' against each other.....nah.....

Don't tell me to lighten up.  And don't use a stupid Seinfeld episode as an excuse to take digs at people.

I always hated Seinfeld, never understood its popularity.

The digs at Trump were pathetic.  Trump would have him for lunch.

The digs at Cruz were understandable.  Rand is obviously jealous of Cruz and his tweet, "you're likable enough.'  was pathetic.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

I saw this earlier on Twitter—Rand has a pretty good sense of humor.  Who knew?

Thanks, @corbe.

Offline corbe

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

It has probably taken him this long, to not hurt when he laughs.

I noticed he stated he helped treat former Sen. Reid's injured eye.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

^-^

HELL, NO!!! 

And a very Merry Christmas to you also, @DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

And a very Merry Christmas to you also, @DCPatriot

Merry Christmas to you, too, @corbe !
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

It has probably taken him this long, to not hurt when he laughs.

I noticed he stated he helped treat former Sen. Reid's injured eye.

Yeah, he’s a doctor so I guess he should’ve stabbed him in it.

Offline mountaineer

I saw this on Twitter and wondered what the heck was going on. Pretty sure Trump wouldn't "have him for lunch, " whatever that means.  Harmless fun, let it go.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

I always hated Seinfeld, never understood its popularity.

The denseness of your postings show why you don't understand Seinfeld.

Online DCPatriot

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The denseness of your postings show why you don't understand Seinfeld.

There's not that much to understand.  None of the people are likable, the situations aren't particularly clever or amusing.

But thanks for the insult to my postings.  Made me feel warm all over.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

#Nevertrumper Kristol must have thought him quite clever and smart, that recent summer day.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

My fave:

On that same subject, I have a major #HappyFestivus #AiringofGrievances with my friend @SenatorReid
    — Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) December 23, 2017

We argued about taxes. Fought about spending. Worked on repatriation together. I helped treat your eye injury...
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

There's not that much to understand.  None of the people are likable, the situations aren't particularly clever or amusing.

But thanks for the insult to my postings.  Made me feel warm all over.

Consider the source, @Emjay      ^-^

Offline corbe

I lost interest in Kristol before his Trump burnout but  if anyone had asked me a month ago if this Tax package Trump just signed was even possible, My answer would have been an emphatically NO!

Offline Concerned

“It’s a Festivus for the rest of us!”  Happy Festivus to all (including those against whom I feel the need for the “airing of grievances” against). 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Consider the source, @Emjay      ^-^

Thanks.  I will.  Frank's act has become really tiresome and I used to think he was funny.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@corbe   I was trying to be funny when I told you I wouldn't lighten up.  You can tell me to lighten up anytime you want to.  In fact, I would like to lighten up.

Silver Pines

@corbe   I was trying to be funny when I told you I wouldn't lighten up.  You can tell me to lighten up anytime you want to.  In fact, I would like to lighten up.

@Emjay

Then why don’t you do it instead of talking about it.  It’s not hard.

Ease up on @Frank Cannon.   He’s actually pretty funny during his conscious episodes.

Online DCPatriot

@Emjay

Then why don’t you do it instead of talking about it.  It’s not hard.

Ease up on @Frank Cannon.   He’s actually pretty funny during his conscious episodes.

Nope. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 04:14:52 pm by Mod1 »

Silver Pines

Nope. 

@DCPatriot

Firsthand knowledge of those particular functions, then?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 04:15:08 pm by Mod1 »