Author Topic: Australian Treasurer: Trump’s Tax Cuts Place Australia’s Jobs, Investments, and Wages In The Crossha  (Read 1590 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Matt Vespa
Dec. 23, 2017

So, it looks like the Trump effect has gone international. After signing the most extensive tax reform in 30 years into law today, Australia’s treasurer warned his country that the Land Down Under could be left in the dust. The economy risks a one percent reduction in GDP if they don’t respond to our tax package, especially the corporate tax rate. Treasurer Scott Morrison said if parliament doesn’t act, Australian jobs, wages, and investments could be put in the crosshairs. Morrison is prepping a $65 billion cut of his own as well (via The Guardian):

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/12/23/australian-treasurer-trumps-tax-cuts-place-australias-jobs-investments-and-wages-in-the-crosshairs-n2426387

Offline dfwgator

Offline endicom

Suck it up, buttercup.

I have no wish to harm Australians, Germans or any people but that's right. If lowering our business taxes (passed through to consumers) upsets another economy then maybe that other government should get a clue.

Offline dfwgator

I have no wish to harm Australians, Germans or any people but that's right. If lowering our business taxes (passed through to consumers) upsets another economy then maybe that other government should get a clue.

And the fact is, everyone benefits from a strong US economy.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:amen:  I just wish we could have done it right and completely unshackled this economy.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
And the fact is, everyone benefits from a strong US economy.

That is very true. Aussies are cool. Much like Americans, with their "old west" frontier ethic, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Well, Aussies, time to lower YOUR taxes, too!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Well, Aussies, time to lower YOUR taxes, too!

Amazing how fragile bloated, Big Govt actually is, wherever you find it.

Another country on the other side of the planet lowers its own taxes, and the others turn into Chicken Little.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com