Author Topic: Congress passes sweeping tax bill that allows drilling in ANWR  (Read 1159 times)

Offline thackney

Congress passes sweeping tax bill that allows drilling in ANWR
« on: December 21, 2017, 03:52:02 pm »
Congress passes sweeping tax bill that allows drilling in ANWR
https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2017/12/20/congress-passes-sweeping-tax-bill-that-allows-drilling-in-anwr/

...The tax bill included a measure to open a 1.5-million-acre coastal section of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling.

The measure, written by Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski, requires the federal government to hold two lease sales within seven years in a 1.5-million-acre section of the coastal plain. The first lease sale must be held within four years, and could lead to drilling and oil production.

Alaska's congressional delegation hailed the approval of the provision as a momentous victory after about four decades of failed attempts to open the coastal plain. President Donald Trump is expected to sign the bill.

"This is a watershed moment for Alaska and all of America," Murkowski said in a prepared statement from the delegation. "We have fought to open the 1002 Area for a very long time, and now, our day has finally arrived."...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Re: Congress passes sweeping tax bill that allows drilling in ANWR
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 03:53:55 pm »

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 04:28:57 pm »
Cool. Or should I say if the global warming doesn't destroy the polar bears and caribou, the North Slope drilling surely will.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 06:23:17 pm »
Cool. Or should I say if the global warming doesn't destroy the polar bears and caribou, the North Slope drilling surely will.
How will the drilling destroy things?  I guess like the tens of thousands of wells on and shore South Louisiana have destroyed the fishing industry during the past 6o+ years?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 10:53:04 am »
How will the drilling destroy things?  I guess like the tens of thousands of wells on and shore South Louisiana have destroyed the fishing industry during the past 6o+ years?

I suspect truth seeker just forgot the /S tag.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 02:09:09 pm »
I suspect truth seeker just forgot the /S tag.
Here's one poster who does not use /S so must be clearly insane from comments he/she/it makes.  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,293216.msg1531377.html#msg1531377
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington