Author Topic: Methane Emissions From Oil And Gas Are Plummeting Without Obama Rule  (Read 1155 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
dailycaller
Chris White
Energy Reporter
1:20 PM 12/20/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/20/methane-emissions-from-oil-and-gas-are-plummeting-without-govt-regulations/

Methane emissions from natural gas wells have dropped during the past six years, even as activists and lawmakers argue that stringent regulations are required to tackle what they believe are sky-high emission levels.

Emissions from onshore natural gas production tumbled nearly 14 million metric tons between 2011 and 2016, according to a report from Energy In Depth, which analyzed data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program. The data also found that levels had decreased even as natural gas production increased.

In the San Juan Basin, an area located in parts of New Mexico and Colorado, emissions fell by 47 percent since 2011. Activists frequently claim that San Juan’s methane hot spot releases are reason enough for bulking up rules governing emissions.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline thackney

Re: Methane Emissions From Oil And Gas Are Plummeting Without Obama Rule
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 01:57:03 pm »
Methane Emissions Decline in Top Oil and Gas Basins
http://eidclimate.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/120717_EID_MethaneMap.03.pdf

Map showing changes per basin
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 02:56:33 pm »
I wonder what the comparison is of these methane emissions with cow farts?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 02:48:13 pm »
I wonder what the comparison is of these methane emissions with cow farts?
I don't have a link, but I recall that even at the peak of the boom, "natural sources" accounted for more methane emissions increase than the oil and gas industry. (For the O&G industry, the gas is product, mother nature just burns a little in the swamp to lure in the UFO watchers).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis