Author Topic: Trump secures major victory as Senate Republicans pass $1.5 trillion tax cut bill despite Democrats  (Read 2861 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Good news!
(I'd still like to see a lot more spending cuts.)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Fantastic news!   Pro-growth, pro-jobs,  just what the doctor ordered.   Congrats to Ryan and McConnell for keeping their coalitions together,  and forging a better bill in conference than either house passed on its own.  And last but not least congrats to the President.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You’ll know you have their attention when they start showing up to distract us from the good news with beefcake photos and cheese cake recipes.

Very sad but the only posts which get a lot of interest here are about Roy Moore and, apparently that is over.

What is wrong with people?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I understand a lot of Docs have set up "Boutique Practices."  Flat monthly rate, and see them when you like, for as long as you like, no insurance to tell him what he can do.  Get a cheapo Major Med policy and you're set.

Sounds like a plan.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

Good news!
(I'd still like to see a lot more spending cuts.)

Me too. But thats one policy we do not see eye to eye with Trump on. Seems like he's a big spender.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Very sad but the only posts which get a lot of interest here are about Roy Moore and, apparently that is over.

Over?  How dare you.......

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,295784.0.html

It's not over until Roy says so.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 10:57:58 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GrouchoTex

Me too. But thats one policy we do not see eye to eye with Trump on. Seems like he's a big spender.

I do believe that the debt will receive some reduction due to economic growth, but I don't the think the revenue will be enough to wipe it out without cutting the budget.
I nice combination of tax cuts and spending cuts would be ideal.

Offline LonestarDream

I do believe that the debt will receive some reduction due to economic growth, but I don't the think the revenue will be enough to wipe it out without cutting the budget.

More jobs means less welfare payments and more tax collections.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline edpc

A nice combination of tax cuts and spending cuts would be ideal.

Yes, but the infrastructure plan is still on his mind.......

Offline NavyCanDo

I calculated my taxes paid in 2017 using the IRS tax tables.  I used my same salary to calculate what my taxes would be in 2018 under the new plan.  There's a $1,745.00 difference in my favor, before anything else is factored in.  If the left is going to keep trying to say it's not a middle class tax cut, they're fools.

If nothing else this would have been the last year I could claim the child tax credit. Now it's extended to age 18, so it allows another year to claim my son.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

Trump’s a businessman, he knows how to control costs.

I wouldn’t worry too much, though. Trump’s got another seven years to work on his agenda for a prosperous and strong America.

Everything can’t get done all at once. But, certainly celebrate! Let’s enjoy this small victory.

There will be more to come.

Offline skeeter

Certainly the deficit will shrink in reverse proportion to the economy if the damn congress doesn't spend it as fast as it comes in like they did in the eighties.

I'm more concerned with stripping government of the control the current tax code gives them than I am lowering the deficit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Certainly the deficit will shrink in reverse proportion to the economy if the damn congress doesn't spend it as fast as it comes in like they did in the eighties.

I'm sure all these "Deficit Hawks" we saw coming out of the woodwork when it was time to cut taxes will jump right on that.  Uh huh.

:bullie smokin:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I understand a lot of Docs have set up "Boutique Practices."  Flat monthly rate, and see them when you like, for as long as you like, no insurance to tell him what he can do.  Get a cheapo Major Med policy and you're set.
I have heard some of those advertised. $100 per month individual. $300-400 family with kids.  Another is a Christian co-op of some type, too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

I have heard some of those advertised. $100 per month individual. $300-400 family with kids.  Another is a Christian co-op of some type, too.

I remember mom writing the doctor a check after visits. Thank goodness the government since got so involved and improved everything.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Do they take bitcoin?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Do they take bitcoin?

I'm sure they would.  Most Doctors I've known engaged in a little currency speculation on the side.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

More jobs means less welfare payments and more tax collections.

Yes it does.
Add some spending cuts into that, and watch this economy take off  like never before.

Offline GrouchoTex

Yes, but the infrastructure plan is still on his mind.......

There is always some infrastructure spending, in all budgets, in one way or another.
The question will be, how much?

Offline GrouchoTex

I'm more concerned with stripping government of the control the current tax code gives them than I am lowering the deficit.

I am concerned with both.
This is a great start, but let's now pressure our elected official to lower the debt.

Offline GrouchoTex

Trump’s a businessman, he knows how to control costs.

I wouldn’t worry too much, though. Trump’s got another seven years to work on his agenda for a prosperous and strong America.

Everything can’t get done all at once. But, certainly celebrate! Let’s enjoy this small victory.

There will be more to come.

Yes, it is a nice win for the all of us Americans.
I am still for pushing our elected officials to cut spending before the 2018 mid-terms, just in case we lose the numbers to do so.

Offline edpc

There is always some infrastructure spending, in all budgets, in one way or another.
The question will be, how much?

Well, his original plan was ambitious and larger than the 2009 stimulus bill.

Offline GrouchoTex

Well, his original plan was ambitious and larger than the 2009 stimulus bill.

Yes, it was.
I wonder what it will actually be, in the end?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This would be the only way I would feel good about any Dreamer accomodation.

It may be a good strategy - the GOP, while friendly to immigration that benefits the economy, derive very little from chain migration, which constitutes 70% of all immigration, a good portion of which are a net drain on the economy.

The party just might get behind such a restriction.

That would almost be a silver bullet solution. I'd just about take that deal as is. If I could get more I'd do that too.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I remember mom writing the doctor a check after visits. Thank goodness the government since got so involved and improved everything.
I remember as a 17 year old college freshman, breaking my hand with a displaced boxer's knuckle, on a guy's head.

My parents were pissed and told the doctor to not perform the surgery to hold it in place, as that would be several HUNDRED $$ greater cost.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln