Author Topic: ‘Have We Reached a Dangerous Tipping Point in the #MeToo Movement?’  (Read 895 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Lifezette
by Michele Blood
Updated 15 Dec 2017 at 9:11 AM

On 'The Ingraham Angle,' a heated discussion — and a passionate pushback by PBS host Tavis Smiley over anonymous allegations

Scores of sexual harassment allegations in the past few weeks have been made against actors, politicians, and many others. Headlines have been saturated with #MeToo stories of (mostly) women who report experiencing sexual harassment in the workplace.

On “The Ingraham Angle” on Thursday night, host Laura Ingraham and her guests discussed the potential fallout as two more media figures, at least temporarily, fell from grace.

This week, Ryan Lizza, a correspondent for The New Yorker and a CNN contributor, was fired from the former and suspended from the latter over allegations of improper sexual conduct, according to a report in USA Today. And a major media figure, talk show host and author Tavis Smiley, was indefinitely suspended by PBS following an inquiry that revealed “multiple, credible allegations of conduct that is inconsistent with the values and standards of PBS,” the network said in a statement.

(more)
https://www.lifezette.com/popzette/have-we-reached-dangerous-tipping-point-me-too-movement/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mirraflake

Some ESPN babe just accused a male reporter at ESPN of harassment.

He should thank his lucky stars he saved every single text message and email which showed she loved it, the relationship was without any doubt consensual and she pursued him.   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Smiley went directly to Facebook in a counterattack. In his video, he said that “PBS overreacted, and they launched a sloppy investigation. It is clear that this has gone too far. And I, for one, intend to fight back.”

She (Ingraham) also said, "My gut, I watched Tavis ... he’s really ticked off. He’s really mad. And now a consensual relationship in the workplace is tantamount to sexual harassment.”

It will be interesting to see where this goes .....

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Some ESPN babe just accused a male reporter at ESPN of harassment.

He should thank his lucky stars he saved every single text message and email which showed she loved it, the relationship was without any doubt consensual and she pursued him.
@mirraflake

A friend of mine in the military was being charged with harassment by another soldier. Just like you said, he had texts in his phone from her basically begging him to come to her apartment. The best part was, she even said that if you don't come over, I'm going to charge you with harassment.LOL (he was trying to date another girl at the time) LOL! It doesn't get more clear than that. Obviously, he won the case.

If you're going to mess around like that, it is best to keep some insurance for just such a reason.

Women are dangerous.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
@mirraflake

Women are dangerous.

Psychopaths.  Got a few of them who post here. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline bolobaby

@mirraflake

A friend of mine in the military was being charged with harassment by another soldier. Just like you said, he had texts in his phone from her basically begging him to come to her apartment. The best part was, she even said that if you don't come over, I'm going to charge you with harassment.LOL (he was trying to date another girl at the time) LOL! It doesn't get more clear than that. Obviously, he won the case.

If you're going to mess around like that, it is best to keep some insurance for just such a reason.

Women are dangerous.

I posted on another thread that the same thing happened to me. When I was in college, a woman at work was trying to get me to dump my girlfriend and date her. When that didn't happen, she charged me with harassment.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!