Author Topic: Galveston water line leaked 3M gallons daily for years  (Read 988 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Galveston water line leaked 3M gallons daily for years
« on: December 02, 2017, 03:48:57 pm »
Galveston water line leaked 3M gallons daily for years

GALVESTON, Texas (AP) — Galveston city workers have discovered a leak in a nearby water line that had been pouring an average of 3 million gallons of water into the city’s storm sewer system each day for years.

The Galveston County Daily News reports that city workers found the leak Nov. 18 while trying to set up new back-flow prevention devices that could potentially delay the effects of sea level rise.

City Manager Brian Maxwell says workers capped the line to stop the flow. Maxwell says the 10-inch line was supposedly abandoned by Galveston in the mid-1900s and doesn’t appear on any recent city maps.

Read more at: https://apnews.com/95d2e00bb14b46f6a112be9008b003a8?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Oddities

I know someone who had a real high water bill one month, like hundreds of dollars over. They tried to get the city water department to not charge them since it was so strange but the city did not back down. They never were sure where that excess water went but it seems it only happened that one month. Someone must have left the hose running or something.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Galveston water line leaked 3M gallons daily for years
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 07:00:34 pm »
I know someone who had a real high water bill one month, like hundreds of dollars over. They tried to get the city water department to not charge them since it was so strange but the city did not back down. They never were sure where that excess water went but it seems it only happened that one month. Someone must have left the hose running or something.

Cities are crappy that way.  I know of more than one person who had a leak develop between the meter and their house, and they discovered it when they got a water bill for hundreds of dollars.  Not only did they have to fork over a couple of grand for a plumber to come over with a backhoe to fix it, the city stuck with their demand for the water bill.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: