Author Topic: Why the Alabama Senate race is shifting in Roy Moore's favor... by Byron York  (Read 1077 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why the Alabama Senate race is shifting in Roy Moore's favor
by Byron York | Nov 30, 2017, 7:37 PM

After all that has happened, the Alabama Senate race appears to be reverting to a fundamental political truth: A state that is one of the most Republican in the nation is likely to vote Republican.

Of course, there is still the possibility of some new and devastating sexual misconduct revelation about GOP candidate Roy Moore. But there is an increasing sense that the old and devastating sexual misconduct revelations are receding into the distant past of two weeks ago. Now, Moore is recovering in the polls and more Alabama voters seem comfortable with the idea of voting for him.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/why-the-alabama-senate-race-is-shifting-in-roy-moores-favor/article/2642236
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
It is actually because none of the accusations have panned out. When these things happen, people wait for the shoes to drop. If he has been doing this for 40 years, there should be dozens of women coming forward. Hundreds perhaps.

Instead you had this brief flurry, then silence. The famous yearbook has even been kept in from sight which makes it seem tainted. Where's the beef?
Countdown to Resignation

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It is actually because none of the accusations have panned out. When these things happen, people wait for the shoes to drop. If he has been doing this for 40 years, there should be dozens of women coming forward. Hundreds perhaps.

Instead you had this brief flurry, then silence. The famous yearbook has even been kept in from sight which makes it seem tainted. Where's the beef?

I'll tell you what else it has accomplished!  It has removed the idea of jumping into the political arena from the minds of a few good and decent people across this land!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I'll tell you what else it has accomplished!  It has removed the idea of jumping into the political arena from the minds of a few good and decent people across this land!

No Bigun, this is encouraging. Media smear jobs have been happening to conservatives who aspired to public office for years now. Whats changed is it no longer appears to be working. At least not in states still red.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No Bigun, this is encouraging. Media smear jobs have been happening to conservatives who aspired to public office for years now. Whats changed is it no longer appears to be working. At least not in states still red.

The blinders are off @skeeter ... and it's long overdue!

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
One thing that was telling was the ex-cop who told the media that she was told to keep Moore away from cheerleaders.

When interviewed recently, she accused Moore of hating Jews, blacks, gays and Muslims. When asked to give specifics, she had none. She just felt that way. Her inability to quantify her beliefs was damning to her case. It's like she was willing to say anything to hurt Moore in the election. It made her look like she was even willing to lie.
Countdown to Resignation

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

@skeeter

I know ALL about it my friend!  I'm one who has personal experience with that and know several others who have as well!  NONE of them will ever enter the political arena again because of the toll it takes on not just you but your family as well.

I'm exceedingly happy that Roy Moore has seemingly managed to weather the storm thus far and will likely be elected!  EXCEEDINGLY glad! I hope it does start a new trend but I will tell you that for every Roy Moore who manages to do that there are a hundred that will not be able to.

Personal story:  In 1994 I ran against a VERY bad man who then held a seat in the Texas legislature.  My local, home town, "News" paper virtually made up a story about unpaid property taxes and ran it with 36 point headline on the front page above the fold without so much as a phone call to me beforehand.   No matter what I did after that made any difference at all! 

And the Paul Harvey "rest of the story" is that after the fact I conclusively proved that the story they ran was actually about a distant relative of mine and had nothing to do with me at all the local (actually owned by a large corporation)  paper ran a one line retraction on about page six and fired the editor who immediately moved to Austin and went to work for Pravada on the Colorado (The Austin American Statesman) there.   YEARS later it comes to light that this female editor had been having an illicit affair with the guy I was running against at the time.  Who in their right mind would want to swim in that sewer?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 03:58:06 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It is as Byron York says, Alabama is a deep red Republican state, I'm sure Mo Brooks or Luther Strange would be beating Doug Jones' socks off. As it is, some polls showed Moore even lost the lead at times. I don't buy any of this "accusations don't seem credible" talk.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I think now that the media fail in its hit job to tarnish a good man so the he’d loose the election based on accusations, now is trying to rallying  up the minority votes by pointing out that he is a ahead. They are indirectly saying through use of fake polls “come on folks, we can let this man win”.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Alabama is a state where Hillary Clinton lost by nearly 30 points.
https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama

It sure isn't a referendum on whether the claims by these women are false. Moore is only leading by 4 to 6 points.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

I know ALL about it my friend!  I'm one who has personal experience with that and know several others who have as well!  NONE of them will ever enter the political arena again because of the toll it takes on not just you but your family as well.

I'm exceedingly happy that Roy Moore has seemingly managed to weather the storm thus far and will likely be elected!  EXCEEDINGLY glad! I hope it does start a new trend but I will tell you that for every Roy Moore who manages to do that there are a hundred that will not be able to.

Personal story:  In 1994 I ran against a VERY bad man who then held a seat in the Texas legislature.  My local, home town, "News" paper virtually made up a story about unpaid property taxes and ran it with 36 point headline on the front page above the fold without so much as a phone call to me beforehand.   No matter what I did after that made any difference at all! 

And the Paul Harvey "rest of the story" is that after the fact I conclusively proved that the story they ran was actually about a distant relative of mine and had nothing to do with me at all the local (actually owned by a large corporation)  paper ran a one line retraction on about page six and fired the editor who immediately moved to Austin and went to work for Pravada on the Colorado (The Austin American Statesman) there.   YEARS later it comes to light that this female editor had been having an illicit affair with the guy I was running against at the time.  Who in their right mid would want to swim in that sewer?

The media is obviously as corrupt as the day is long and has been for decades. I sense their grip is loosening though.

Or so I hope.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The media is obviously as corrupt as the day is long and has been for decades. I sense their grip is loosening though.

Or so I hope.

That's a great hope!  I will join you in it!

But I seriously doubt our hopes alone will get the job done!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:10:43 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

I contend that none of this would be happening – the Left becoming unglued – if Trump had not entered the race and won. Trump’s proven that resistance is not futile, even in red states...ya just gotta start fighting back!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Judge Moore is going to win.

And after he does, the fireworks will REALLY start goin' off -- when he arrives at the Senate in D.C.  !!