Author Topic: Geraldo on Matt Lauer: Are we criminalizing “courtship” in the workplace?  (Read 2955 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Jerry Rivers raped Bette Midler.....

! No longer available

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's been criminalized for some time.  Thank you Captain Obvious.
It doesn't always work out that way, but, in general:
Never get laid where you get paid.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Fox News Condemns Geraldo’s Controversial Matt Lauer Tweetstorm: ‘Troubled By His Comments’
Mediaite, Nov 29, 2017, Lawrence Bonk

Geraldo Rivera took some time out today to have a nuanced and frank discussion regarding the allegations levied against Matt Lauer.  Just kidding. He barfed out a bunch of garbage tweets from which the entire Internet exploded.

<snip>

There are some other tweets, including a standout explanation of what constitutes sexual harassment, but you get the gist. The takes were hotter than a fart in July. They were so hot, as a matter of fact, that Rivera’s employer, Fox News, was forced to issue a statement, clarifying that Rivera is his own man, and his opinions do not represent those of the network.

The network said, in so many words, that Rivera should look forward to a stern talking to from the top brass.

“Geraldo’s tweets do not reflect the views of Fox News or its management. We were troubled by his comments and are addressing them with him.”

More: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-condemns-geraldo-riveras-controversial-matt-lauer-tweetstorm-we-are-troubled-by-his-comments/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It doesn't always work out that way, but, in general:

Yup.  That's been true longer than I've been alive.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Funny.  I never saw that in my "New Hire" info pamphlet.   :shrug:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline aligncare

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:15:29 pm by aligncare »

Offline jpsb

You'll thank me for not posting the real, unedited selfie.

LOL, I just had to do a reverse search on that, too funny, I won't post it either
but

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1445058.1378258492!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/geraldo4n-2-web.jpg

Offline jpsb

Jerry Rivers raped Bette Midler.....

Hmmm, is Jerry next?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:36:31 pm by jpsb »

Offline Smokin Joe

Funny.  I never saw that in my "New Hire" info pamphlet.   :shrug:
You might be the subject of someone's aspirations if....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

This piece is written by someone named Lawrence Bonk.  ^-^

"Call me Larry."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOL, I just had to do a reverse search on that, too funny, I won't post it either
but

"tineye.com" has become one of my favorite sites.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

but

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1445058.1378258492!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/geraldo4n-2-web.jpg
Thank you for not posting that image. What has been seen cannot be unseen...maybe a 'Helen Thomas pic for eyewash....)

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thank you for not posting that image. What has been seen cannot be unseen...maybe a 'Helen Thomas pic for eyewash....)

If a Helen Thomas pic is the cure, I don't even want to hear about the disease.  :terror:
I will NOT comply.