Author Topic: Matt Lauer terminated from Today Show because of inappropriate behavior  (Read 27792 times)

Oceander

Re: Matt Lauer terminated from Today Show because of inappropriate behavior
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2017, 05:54:05 pm »
May I politely suggest that the probably reason that these stories are all coming out now is not some dark conspiracy, but that women finally believe they will be taken seriously so are speaking up?

This is clearly a BIG problem that's been going on for decades with men in positions of power, and as far as I'm concerned, if it makes some of these letches think twice about their groping and making advances it is a GOOD thing.

Or would some of you prefer that the rampant abuse of power by men continue??  :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Oceander

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2017, 05:54:43 pm »
The problem is that in many cases the harassment is real and the abuses overlooked.

This is not about compliments that crazy feminists complain about, or guys opening doors and getting smacked around by hulking lesbians.   

Does anyone really think Matt Lauer just said nice things and is being persecuted??  C'mon!

:thumbsup:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2017, 06:06:48 pm »
A classic case of being hoisted on one's own petard.

They (the Marxists) are getting hoisted on their own petard in academia too. Seems the younger
commies think the older commies are racist and not radical enough.

The unintended consequence of all this is that women will find it harder to be hired in the
work space. Men will definitely think twice before hiring a female.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2017, 06:12:31 pm »
A redhead with a temper? Unbelieveable.

LOL

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2017, 06:14:32 pm »
May I politely suggest that the probably reason that these stories are all coming out now is not some dark conspiracy, but that women finally believe they will be taken seriously so are speaking up?

This is clearly a BIG problem that's been going on for decades with men in positions of power, and as far as I'm concerned, if it makes some of these letches think twice about their groping and making advances it is a GOOD thing.

Or would some of you prefer that the rampant abuse of power by men continue??  :shrug:

Another great post from the "character matters" lady.   Bravo, ML! 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2017, 06:15:15 pm »
I do believe Ms Peggy is Mr. Heads Main squeeze

She thinks she was Ronald Reagan's brain because she wrote speeches for him, so I'm sure Mr. Head thinks she's his brain too.  Would explain a lot. 

David Frum was that way about George W Bush, and we all saw how that turned out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2017, 06:16:47 pm »
@WineNot

I don’t know anything about the facts at this point.  All I know about Lauer is that his haircut makes him look like a creep.

@CatherineofAragon @Polly Ticks 
When he and that other network guy... Chuck something or another, started sporting that gay stubble cut I thought he switched teams and was pursuing young boys and farm animals. Not in any particular order mind you.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2017, 06:18:53 pm »
I do believe Ms Peggy is Mr. Heads Main squeeze

What I dig is her heart and, yes, her Catholicism.   For me, she represents a much better way of approaching one's duties as a conservative and as a Christian than the self-centered Evangelicals.   

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:20:27 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2017, 06:19:34 pm »

The unintended consequence of all this is that women will find it harder to be hired in the

Opposite. You don't see many women getting caught in this trap, unless they swing the other way.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2017, 06:23:38 pm »
Opposite. You don't see many women getting caught in this trap, unless they swing the other way.

Well that is because they went into education and partake in their dalliances with HS students..

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2017, 06:39:57 pm »

I prefer the abuse continues. I'm a dude and I like to root for my team no matter what.

GO DUDES!!!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2017, 06:50:27 pm »
Well that is because they went into education and partake in their dalliances with HS students..

Nailed it! 888high58888
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2017, 06:56:13 pm »
This particular zeitgeist is interesting in its speed into precedent policy of judge, jury and executioner upon anyone accused.  I find that interesting when supposedly so many people in these cases were aware of these 'inappropriate behaviors' and kept silent about them for years and even decades.

Abusers getting their comeuppance is perfectly fine with me when actual substantiated evidence illustrates the facts.  The network may have such evidence in Lauer's case and acted accordingly.  It's a private corporation and they can do as they like with their employees.

I'm more concerned where this zeitgeist goes.   The politics of personal destruction is entering a phase I am most wary of.  There are also negative cultural effects that radiate out from such a center.

Fear of 'harassment charges' has already led to a massive decline in men bothering to seek relationships with women.  Gaming and sex robots is seen as a preferable alternative to having a relationship with a woman according to various articles and studies that were publishes in the last few years.  The divorce culture has stripped a lot of men from even considering marriage as they understand their lives and fortunes may end up in receivership to an ex-wife and children.

More concerning even than that, is that we seem to have entered a paradigm where no evidence is required outside of an allegation to act, and coupled with a lynch-mob mentality in the public square, becomes an effective weapon to purge a society of undesirables - and leads to things like the The Terror in France.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2017, 06:57:09 pm »
Guthrie concluded: ‘This show has been on air for more than 65 years. … We’re supposed to bring you the news…and so we move along…”

Yes and that’s what bothers me most.  When it’s one of their own, they move along.  Anyone else, it’s wall to wall, day after day....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2017, 07:17:27 pm »

I work with HR dept's every day. Women are taking over in nearly every industry and pushing men out. Women are doing all the hiring today, 60% of college grads are women and are earning nearly all the PHD's and masters degrees.

My industry was 99% men 30 years ago, all my field reps were men etc. Now it's all women. I am one of the dinosaurs but plan to retire in another year or so at age 56.

Men are going back to the skilled trades, jobs that women don't want to do or are unemployed or being a house husband..I'm slightly exaggerting but it's trending that way.

Offline edpc

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2017, 07:18:08 pm »

The pic on Drudge accompanying the headline.....

:silly:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2017, 07:21:54 pm »
I prefer the abuse continues. I'm a dude and I like to root for my team no matter what.

GO DUDES!!!

888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2017, 07:23:54 pm »

I think this is going to be the next shoe to drop...also some high profile gays like Ellen. Ellen has been very quiet over all these abuse stories.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:24:35 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2017, 07:27:36 pm »
A redhead with a temper? Unbelieveable.

"Red on the head? Crazy in the bed but nuts in the head"

I dated a redhead for a while. I truly believe there is a genetic trait to redheads being like this.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2017, 07:43:58 pm »

GO DUDES!!!

Frank.  You were always one to take one for the team.  Sometimes, laying more track in a week than than most in years.  Keep up the good work!

Silver Pines

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2017, 07:48:35 pm »
True.  Then again, he doesn't really have much to work with.
(Oops -- was that harrassment? :pondering:)

@Polly Ticks

Lol, it was just telling the truth. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2017, 07:49:39 pm »
May as well go all in with the look if you're actually a sex offender.  I miss the days when Brokaw was the anchor, setting up an interview by Matt and practically choking while pronouncing Lauer.

@edpc

Lol...he really does look like a prison inmate.

Offline edpc

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2017, 07:50:36 pm »
Kathie Lee Gifford wants ‘forgiveness and mercy’ for Matt Lauer

That depends on whether this was an assault or consensual.  Sounds like there's more to this than the expanded menu KLG's late husband was requesting with Suzen Johnson.

Silver Pines

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2017, 07:51:16 pm »
@CatherineofAragon @Polly Ticks 
When he and that other network guy... Chuck something or another, started sporting that gay stubble cut I thought he switched teams and was pursuing young boys and farm animals. Not in any particular order mind you.

@WineNot

Chuck Todd?  He looks like a mom's basement dweller to me.

But hey now, I love me some stubble on men.  That is NOT gay.