Author Topic: Trump told senator and adviser that 'Access Hollywood' tape may not be authentic: report  (Read 472 times)

Offline corbe

Trump told senator and adviser that 'Access Hollywood' tape may not be authentic: report

November 25, 2017 - 03:23 PM EST

By Max Greenwood

President Trump reportedly told a senator earlier this year that the infamous recording in which he can be heard boasting about groping and kissing women without their consent may not be authentic, and repeated that claim recently to an adviser.

According to a New York Times report published Saturday, Trump is open to the suggestion that the sexual misconduct allegations against Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore are false and politically motivated.

What's more, he views calls for Moore to withdraw from the Alabama Senate race as similar to those he faced after The Washington Post released the so-called "Access Hollywood" tape weeks before the 2016 presidential election.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/361804-trump-told-senator-and-adviser-that-access-hollywood-tape-may-not-be?amp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If it’s not authentic, we’d know by now.  Billy Bush lost his job over it and would be suing if it wasn’t.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 04:28:57 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

In the new narrative it has now become 'Fake Locker Room Talk'.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It is my understanding that 'fake locker room talk' does actually happen.

But why drag Moore into this?  Moore obsession here has made TOS look like intellectual paradise.

I think Trump is right not to rush to judgment and stick by the Republican.

He should not join the horde of cowards who were afraid to stick up for a man who is probably innocent of oddly-timed and suspicious allegations.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ConservativeGranny

Both Trump and Billy Bush admitted that that was them on the tape. There is no doubt it is authentic. If Trump is telling people it is not it is obvious to me that he has a mental condition that we should be worried about. And that has nothing to do with Moore.

Offline Concerned

From October 2016:

“Donald Trump released a video tape apology late Friday night about the crude remarks he made that were caught on videotape.

“I’ve never said I’m a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not,” Trump said. “I’ve said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more than a decade-old video are one of them. Anyone who knows me, know these words don’t reflect who I am.

I said it, it was wrong, and I apologize.”

That sure doesn’t sound to me like a guy unsure about the authenticity of the tape.

https://nypost.com/2016/10/08/trump-apologizes-for-lewd-comments-in-video-says-bill-clinton-is-worse/
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 01:07:09 am by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline musiclady

Well, there were only two choices about Trump when this tape came out....

Either Trump was a serial molester or he was a pathological liar with the emotional maturity of a 13 year old boy.

In either case, he was not fit to be President.

When this ugly issue became "no big deal" to so-called Conservative Christians, I knew the country had had it.

Nothing has changed since then.

The Evangelical Church, the Republican Party, no longer stand for anything good or just.  They now are proud of their complete disrespect for women and disregard for morality.

This "nothing burger" has proved fatal to conservatism and the veracity of the Evangelical church.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

Leftist Hill reporting from the leftist NY Slimes that an unnamed source told someone in a the shithouse at a BBQ picnic at some Quinceanera held in an unnamed state that Donny may or may not have said this.........awesome!

Offline musiclady

Both Trump and Billy Bush admitted that that was them on the tape. There is no doubt it is authentic. If Trump is telling people it is not it is obvious to me that he has a mental condition that we should be worried about. And that has nothing to do with Moore.

Amen on all counts.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline corbe

Leftist Hill reporting from the leftist NY Slimes that an unnamed source told someone in a the shithouse at a BBQ picnic at some Quinceanera held in an unnamed state that Donny may or may not have said this.........awesome!

Same Difference

POSER!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
From October 2016:

“Donald Trump released a video tape apology late Friday night about the crude remarks he made that were caught on videotape.

“I’ve never said I’m a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not,” Trump said. “I’ve said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more than a decade-old video are one of them. Anyone who knows me, know these words don’t reflect who I am.

I said it, it was wrong, and I apologize.”

That sure doesn’t sound to me like a guy unsure about the authenticity of the tape.

Well, he also said a great many contradictory things.  For example:

"In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat," Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in a 2004 interview. "It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans.”

Who knows WTF he thinks at any given moment.   :shrug:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 01:23:57 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.