Author Topic: Pastor endorses Statatory Rape in Defense of Roy Moore  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Pastor endorses Statatory Rape in Defense of Roy Moore
« on: November 21, 2017, 08:03:20 pm »
https://www.redstate.com/sarah-rumpf/2017/11/20/pastor-endorses-statutory-rape-defense-roy-moore/

Some 14 year olds can look older.

I pray people leave this church immediately.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Pastor endorses Statatory Rape in Defense of Roy Moore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 08:14:10 pm »
“Plus,” he added, “there are some 14-year-olds, who, the way they look, could pass for 20.” -  pastor Earl Wise, a Moore supporter from Millbrook, Ala.

The GOP is rabid.  The only humane thing to do is put it down and tell Rubio we sent it to a farm up north where it could chase rabbits all day.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 08:16:18 pm »
Six years ago, just 30 percent of white evangelical Protestants believed an elected official “who commits an immoral act in their personal life can still behave ethically and fulfill their duties” as a public servant, according to The Public Religion Research Institute, a nonprofit polling firm focused on faith issues.

In 2016, that number skyrocketed to 72 percent.

From what I've seen, these numbers make sense.  The number six years ago should have been lower, but the number in 2016 is nauseating.

It's part of the reason the Evangelical church has lost any moral authority it once had.   The things we said and believed about Bill Clinton were true then, and they're true now.

Sexual immorality affects one's overall ethics, and a person who commits immoral acts cannot be trusted.

Moral laws don't adjust with the times.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 08:17:22 pm »
The GOP is rabid.  The only humane thing to do is put it down and tell Rubio we sent it to a farm up north where it could chase rabbits all day.

We are not even talking about GOP.  It is the church.  Very sad.

If you can defend Moore in a Godly manner fine but to justify rape is sinful.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 08:19:48 pm »
The money quote:

Six years ago, just 30 percent of white evangelical Protestants believed an elected official “who commits an immoral act in their personal life can still behave ethically and fulfill their duties” as a public servant, according to The Public Religion Research Institute, a nonprofit polling firm focused on faith issues.

In 2016, that number skyrocketed to 72 percent.

Just how can conservatives distinguish ourselves from liberals when our moral authority is up for sale like theirs are?       
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:20:33 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 08:19:48 pm »
From what I've seen, these numbers make sense.  The number six years ago should have been lower, but the number in 2016 is nauseating.

It's part of the reason the Evangelical church has lost any moral authority it once had.   The things we said and believed about Bill Clinton were true then, and they're true now.

Sexual immorality affects one's overall ethics, and a person who commits immoral acts cannot be trusted.

And should not adjust for the times.  Its a narrow road that leads to redemption.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 08:21:58 pm »

Hard to disagree, ML.   How can someone who rightly condemned Bill Clinton lose all perspective when it comes to Roy Moore?   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 08:22:33 pm »

Well said.

This "pastor's" words are despicable, and the sin far deeper than anything that affects only the GOP.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 08:25:34 pm »
Hard to disagree, ML.   How can someone who rightly condemned Bill Clinton lose all perspective when it comes to Roy Moore?   

It can only be a political motivation rather than a Godly decision.  One problem with the whole Brady decision to allow churches to endorse politicians.  If the political motive is strong enough then righteousness matters not.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:26:07 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 08:27:44 pm »
It can only be a political motivation rather than a Godly decision.  One problem with the whole Brady decision to allow churches to endorse politicians.  If the political motive is strong enough then righteousness matters not.

Yup.  If the church loses all authority with respect to moral matters, of what value is it?   

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 08:28:01 pm »

Well said.

This "pastor's" words are despicable, and the sin far deeper than anything that affects only the GOP.

Amen.  I pray that people come to their senses.  Makes me think of the 7 churches of Revelations.  What God had against them.  Is it right to support sin to stop abortion?  Trust in man not God?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 08:28:46 pm »
Yup.  If the church loses all authority with respect to moral matters, of what value is it?

Did you really just say this?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 08:31:46 pm »

Sinful? Try evil.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 08:42:08 pm »
Moore is an individual; just in my view, someone who has taken the stances he has, he has asserted moral authority which clearly, if these acts are true, show him to be a hypocrite and worse than this, potentially harming the lives of others.

Moore is not Luther Strange or Mo Brooks or Rick Santorum for that matter, Moore uniquely carries this baggage if the allegations are true.

If one is certain Moore is 100% innocent or 100% guilty without a chance of you being wrong, more power to you. But I am not that confident. I do think the circumstances speak against him. I'd write in Strange or Brooks. They apparently, discouraged a write-in campaign.  Perhaps some of the church leaders should have taken this route and maybe they did but it was not reported.  We know there was a rally of Pastors against Moore but it sounded like they were for the Democratic candidate.  Jones could modify his positions somehow. They say maybe he has attempted that but that it is double-talk.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 08:48:47 pm »
Moore is an individual; just in my view, someone who has taken the stances he has, he has asserted moral authority which clearly, if these acts are true, show him to be a hypocrite and worse than this, potentially harming the lives of others.

Moore is not Luther Strange or Mo Brooks or Rick Santorum for that matter, Moore uniquely carries this baggage if the allegations are true.

If one is certain Moore is 100% innocent or 100% guilty without a chance of you being wrong, more power to you. But I am not that confident. I do think the circumstances speak against him. I'd write in Strange or Brooks. They apparently, discouraged a write-in campaign.  Perhaps some of the church leaders should have taken this route and maybe they did but it was not reported.  We know there was a rally of Pastors against Moore but it sounded like they were for the Democratic candidate.  Jones could modify his positions somehow. They say maybe he has attempted that but that it is double-talk.

And that is just what we need.  Another Republican hypocrite that might be found with his hands on someone's butt or interns having sex in his office.  Without proving innocence or guilt he is a possible loose cannon that could be one more nail in the GOP coffin.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 09:02:57 pm »
And that is just what we need.  Another Republican hypocrite that might be found with his hands on someone's butt or interns having sex in his office.  Without proving innocence or guilt he is a possible loose cannon that could be one more nail in the GOP coffin.
The GOP is nowhere near the "coffin." It is in greater control of national politics, than any time in our lifetimes.

Yes, the GOP is not ideal. It is made up of mere mortal humans, with all their characteristics.

Anybody with imagery in mind of the GOP in a coffin, need to improve your perception skills.

My perception is that increasing numbers of people are down on BOTH of our major political parties.

Concurrently increasing numbers of people are likely to be down on political officeholders and candidates, too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 09:07:34 pm »
Some 14 year olds can look older.

If you want to get attention, say something outrageous. Condemn Barney the Dinosaur or Harry Potter or say something like this.

You are front and center in people's minds.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 09:17:31 pm »
The GOP is nowhere near the "coffin." It is in greater control of national politics, than any time in our lifetimes.

Yes, the GOP is not ideal. It is made up of mere mortal humans, with all their characteristics.

Anybody with imagery in mind of the GOP in a coffin, need to improve your perception skills.

My perception is that increasing numbers of people are down on BOTH of our major political parties.

Concurrently increasing numbers of people are likely to be down on political officeholders and candidates, too.

My perception is that there isn't much difference between Democrat and Republican.  The lines are so blurred that I hardly see a separate party.  I should have said that Conservatism is nearly non existent in the Republican party.  Hardly a fight left in them. 

And now it seems the church is ready to compromise for the sake of politics too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 09:20:14 pm »
If you want to get attention, say something outrageous. Condemn Barney the Dinosaur or Harry Potter or say something like this.

You are front and center in people's minds.

It wasn't the exact quote.  This is.

“Plus,” he added, “there are some 14-year-olds, who, the way they look, could pass for 20.” -  pastor Earl Wise, a Moore supporter from Millbrook, Ala.

He really did get attention.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2017, 03:11:52 am »
My perception is that there isn't much difference between Democrat and Republican.  The lines are so blurred that I hardly see a separate party.  I should have said that Conservatism is nearly non existent in the Republican party.  Hardly a fight left in them. 

And now it seems the church is ready to compromise for the sake of politics too.
Well, that's nothing new. How many protestant sects will perform same sex marriages?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/22/mainline-protestants-gay-marriage_n_6901430.html

Those lost their authority with me. as they folded.

But "Child' molestation conjures one vision, of someone assaulting prepubescent children. That isn't what we are talking about here.
We are talking about one person who asserts that Moore had contact with her before she had reached the age of consent. If that is true, (and he did so knowingly) that is statutory rape or gross imposition on a minor, because she would be below the age of consent. It is possible that he thought her beyond the age of consent, or even that she told him she was older, if any incident occurred. It is difficult to tell a 14 year old from a 16 year old due to developmental variation. Fake IDs are nothing new, and teenage girls have been known to exaggerate their ages, and have second thoughts later.

At least three of the women make no assertion of sexual contact, nor of anything in one other case other than asking her out and her feeling 'creepy' about that. Yet these have been lumped in as evidence of alleged wrongdoing which just was not there. Nothing illegal, nothing forcible there. 

I keep seeing numbers like eight or nine, but in reality we are talking about half that who make assertions of illegal behaviour. I will not go into the alleged 'morality' of a 32 year old looking at young ladies who were 13-14-15 years his junior, especially considering that most of the women in his age group were either taken, retreads, rejects or of low moral character. His chances of meeting an acceptable and respectable young woman came with a younger age group, just as a demographic consideration.

That does not justify acting against someone's wishes or any use of force, nor would it justify any activity with someone who is under age (below 16), should that have occurred.

None of these women have claimed conjugal relations occurred.

There are a lot of inflammatory statements being made, either for the usual hyperbolic cause of selling stories, or for political purposes or both, but rational and factual approaches to the information available are just not happening, and if/when they do, whomever tries to do so is decried as enabling baby rapers.

The only rape definitely perpetrated here has been perpetrated on the truth.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2017, 03:36:10 am »
It’s a disturbing and creepy thing for the pastor to say, but it’s a far cry from ‘endorses,’ as the headline claims.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 03:43:40 am »
It’s a disturbing and creepy thing for the pastor to say, but it’s a far cry from ‘endorses,’ as the headline claims.
I agree. If there is a case against Moore, why all the hyperbole?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2017, 03:51:18 am »
Hey kids. Before you get too despondent, take a look at who said this. It is some dude who made up a religion.....

Meet Pastor Earl

In September of 2016 Earl and his wife started a new ministry called The REAL CHURCH. The focus is to be a non-denominational church that truly focuses on REAL Faith, REAL Worship, REAL People. Be REAL with yourself and watch what God will do in your life. Earl and Shandale are called to help people grow in a church setting without legalism, judging without compromising the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 03:56:31 am »
Is Cheryl Lynn the choir director?

Got To Be Real

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fI569nw0YUQ
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.