Author Topic: At ESPN, rats are fleeing a sinking ship  (Read 865 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
At ESPN, rats are fleeing a sinking ship
« on: November 20, 2017, 07:27:53 pm »

New York Post
By Mark W. Sanchez
November 20, 2017

Thanksgiving week is here, and many inside ESPN are giving special thanks for jobs they hope will last past the holidays.

In the next few weeks, the Worldwide Leader is expected to undergo another round of massive layoffs — Sporting News cites 40-60 layoffs coming, with Sports Illustrated reporting the number will exceed 100 — and the next wave of who’s-next worry has many scanning their options.

According to a Monday Sporting News report, which cited a source at a rival network, some ESPN staffers already are sending out “just-in-case” résumés to competitors such as FS1, NBCSN and Turner Sports.

“The narrative from many long-timers still there is: ‘I know my day is coming. It’s not if. It’s when,'” another source told the site.

(more)
https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/some-worried-espners-are-sending-out-resumes/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: At ESPN, rats are fleeing a sinking ship
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 07:33:25 pm »
Free market does its job.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 07:44:38 pm »
All of us on this board predicted this over a year ago. As soon as ESPN moved from sports reports to 'racial justice' and politics, it was clear where they were heading.

And it is not over yet.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 02:43:46 pm »
All of us on this board predicted this over a year ago. As soon as ESPN moved from sports reports to 'racial justice' and politics, it was clear where they were heading.

And it is not over yet.
They also made the critical move to concentrate on the most liberal of the professional sports, Pro basketball, which caters to the most left-leaning fans out there.

I believe they thought the athletes represented the fans.  They targeted wrongly as it is not the athletes who pay the bills, it is the fans.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington