Author Topic: North Korea “Aggressively” Pursuing Another Massive Weapons Upgrade  (Read 1028 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Constitution
By Andrew West
November 19, 2017

The United States and North Korea have been locked in a diplomatic stalemate for a great number of years, but 2017 has proven to be the most volatile yet.

Rising tensions between the U.S. and North Korea have been terrifying over the course of the last year, as blustering dictator Kim Jong Un has repeatedly threatened America and its people with wholesale destruction and death.  President Donald Trump, a man who does not take kindly to such behavior, has been firing back at the dainty despot with his own claims of military superiority – something that very few outside of Pyongyang would ever doubt.

Now, after a number of missile tests and nuclear detonations have belied the seriousness of the Kim regime’s posturing, it looks as though the tiny Asian nation is seeking yet another piece of advanced weaponry that would allow them to sneak up on Hawaii, Guam, or California and wreak havoc.

“North Korea is currently working on an ‘aggressive schedule’ to develop a ballistic missile submarine capable of reaching the United States, the website 38 North, run by the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies has revealed.

(more)
https://constitution.com/north-korea-aggressively-pursuing-another-massive-weapons-upgrade/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: North Korea “Aggressively” Pursuing Another Massive Weapons Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 12:34:02 pm »
Meanwhile their military protecting the border are infested with parasites.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 12:39:12 pm »
Meanwhile their military protecting the border are infested with parasites.

Yep. I'm not too concerned about this. Launching a missile from a submarine is such a complex operation, I can't imagine that they would ever get it right. Furthermore, out antisubmarine technology is so incredibly advanced, we could sink the thing any time we wanted to just by pushing a button.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 01:24:46 pm »

Yep. I'm not too concerned about this. Launching a missile from a submarine is such a complex operation, I can't imagine that they would ever get it right. Furthermore, out antisubmarine technology is so incredibly advanced, we could sink the thing any time we wanted to just by pushing a button.

@240B
I've heard that "they're not a real threat" idea for years.  Yet here we are, the NKs have nukes, they have ballistic missiles, they have a small payload in orbit.  They have done everything 'everyone' said they couldn't.

NK is working with other players who have the technology but don't want to be seen playing with it.  Russia, China, Pakistan, Iran, UAE and others have all had their hands in this cookie jar.

Regarding the submarine, they destroyed a SK warship with a modern torpedo just a few years ago.  Certainly they aren't as advanced as ours but they don't need to be in order to wreak havoc on the west.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 01:41:54 pm »
Moving to World News

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 11:20:47 pm »
"North Korea is currently working on an ‘aggressive schedule’ to develop a ballistic missile submarine capable of reaching the United States..."

The first time this thing makes a test run outside of North Korean territorial waters, it should simply disappear without a trace...