Author Topic: “Family Values” Republican Resigns After Being Caught Having Sex With A Man In His Office  (Read 1379 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
“Family Values” Republican Resigns After Being Caught Having Sex With A Man In His Office

"I sincerely regret that my actions and choices have kept me from serving my constituents," said Ohio State Rep. Wes Goodman.

by Dan Avery 1h ago

An Ohio lawmaker has stepped down after being confronted with evidence he had sexual relations with another man in his office. State Rep. Wes Goodman (R-Cardington), a married “family values” Republican, has previous claimed “healthy, vibrant, thriving, values-driven families are the source of Ohio’s proud history.”

Several GOP insiders claim there is video of the encounter, which was by all accounts consensual.

snip

It is refreshing it was consensual.

http://www.newnownext.com/family-values-republican-resigns-after-being-caught-having-sex-with-a-man-in-his-office/11/2017/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sounds like the same sort of guy as the current Governor of that state!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I give up!

A goodman is hard to find these days. They are taking a pounding.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline andy58-in-nh

So it would seem.  :whistle:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jpsb

What a sorry state of affairs this country is in. And yes it is refreshing it was consensual.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Sounds like the Constitution Party supporters are on the same-side as Planned Parenthood. Perhaps some Senators will get a good word with all they have done.

Offline musiclady

????????????????
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Anyone who's ever been to Cardington, OH realizes how deep the amoral culture has become if this is going on with a Rep from there.

As for the Governor and Constitution Party comments on this thread.......

BOTH RIDICULOUS!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

At least it wasn't in a bathroom or bushes outside of a bar.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Feel sorry for the wife. Now, she has to get checked a dozen different ways for STDs. If Goodman would do that in his office, who knows what else he might have done, at the airport bathroom, public park, or at a truck stop somewhere.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Yup.

Offline dfwgator

Where was Lindsey Graham at the time?

Offline WingNot

Feel sorry for the wife. Now, she has to get checked a dozen different ways for STDs. If Goodman would do that in his office, who knows what else he might have done, at the airport bathroom, public park, or at a truck stop somewhere.

The "Wide Stance" defense has been taken by Larry Craig.  I hope Goodman can find a better one in his closet.

Offline Frank Cannon

The "Wide Stance" defense has been taken by Larry Craig.  I hope Goodman can find a better one in his closet.

Depends on if he was the top or the bottom.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

What a sorry state of affairs this country is in. And yes it is refreshing it was consensual.

Nothing refreshing about a family values man committing adultery with another man.  I guess he was a liar, cheat and phony with no moral values.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This frickin RINO is not indicative of the moral standings of the GOP, President Trump, or soon to be righteous Senator Moore.  He really should wear leather if he wants to fit in with today's GOP.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This frickin RINO is not indicative of the moral standings of the GOP, President Trump, or soon to be righteous Senator Moore.  He really should wear leather if he wants to fit in with today's GOP.

:laugh:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
A goodman is hard to find these days.

Shouldn't that be a hardman is good to find?    :smokin:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Headline: Gay Politician Forced Out of Office
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

Headline: Gay Politician Forced Out of Office Orifice.

:pondering: