Poll

Should Judge Moore be given the benefit of the doubt? (New, Improved)

Classic smear machine in overdrive
19 (41.3%)
I'm withholding judgment
14 (30.4%)
The Patterns on Display bother Me, regardless of source
13 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: November 23, 2017, 03:14:20 am

Author Topic: Should Judge Moore be given the benefit of the doubt?  (Read 24123 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Should Judge Moore be given the benefit of the doubt?
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2017, 10:46:07 pm »
I'm going to cede your point on the stats/evidence argument since I'm not bright enough to explain my position clearly.  :dx1:

I think overall, we are in agreement here, and I never like to debate people with whom I agree.  :beer:

^-^  It seems to me that almost all of us are in agreement, except that the words get in the way sometimes.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2017, 10:48:04 pm »
Oh good. Sometimes the point flies right over my silly head.

We're two silly people passing like ships through a silly night.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2017, 10:51:08 pm »
I'll take that bet any day of the week.

The odds of heads are at least 50/50 (perfect coin).  However, the 49 in a row would suggest a strong possibility that the coin is NOT perfect, making heads the most likely outcome (with the most likely scenario being a two headed penny).

OK, I did not stipulate the tosser of the coin was cheating by using a weighted of two-faced coin....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2017, 10:51:48 pm »
^-^  It seems to me that almost all of us are in agreement, except that the words get in the way sometimes.

Boy howdy, ain't THAT the truth!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2017, 10:53:39 pm »
I don't know why you're surprised?  I never said I live in Appalachia.  I'm in central Virginia, in a rural farming community.  I'm one minute from a state highway and twelve from a fairly large (by my standards---80K) city.  It's redneck country, nevertheless.

@CatherineofAragon

As a point of order, I didn't suppose you were from Appalachia - I merely said that areas in Appalachia, the Ozarks, and the big swamps are more likely to be like here (not merely rural, but wild), as in past experience, I have found folks from there to be more akin in thinking - And I am finding out that's a special set, and that rednecks ain't rednecks wherever you go after all.

Nor Conservatives. I had always thought 'innocent until proven guilty' to be foundational in Christian and Conservative thought. Evidently I am mistaken. And that is sad.

We have a lot more than hearsay, but regardless, I don't think he has any character to be destroyed.  The more I read about him, the more convinced I am that he's a charlatan and a liar,  just like Trump.

I posted this on another thread:

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/10/tax_records_show_moore_is_a_ma.html

"and despite denials by Moore, the former Alabama Chief Justice had been receiving regular compensation from the nonprofit.

[P]rivately, Moore had arranged to receive a salary of $180,000 a year for part-time work at the Foundation for Moral Law, internal charity documents show," the Post reported. "He collected more than $1 million as president from 2007 to 2012, compensation that far surpassed what the group disclosed in its public tax filings most of those years."

And that's in addition to salary his wife, Kayla Moore, drew after she took over as the nonprofit's executive director, and also money paid to two of the Moores' children."

EDIT:  I didn't post it on another thread, I posted it on this one.  I can't keep track of these damn things.  I'm going for a walk.

I saw it long ago, with a reasonable reply from Moore. I will try to track that down for you, but it will be a while. I am in the middle of things.

As to the rest, nothing. Not a whiff of actual evidence. None.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2017, 10:56:06 pm »
We're two silly people passing like ships through a silly night.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2017, 10:57:19 pm »
OK, I did not stipulate the tosser of the coin was cheating by using a weighted of two-faced coin....

Terms unclear.  Guilty!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2017, 10:59:42 pm »

Don't get me started on Tomfoolery...
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2017, 11:01:45 pm »
Don't get me started on Tomfoolery...

Oh I like him!  He's fun!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2017, 11:02:19 pm »
Terms unclear.  Guilty!

'Firmtive.  Punishment is 40 lashes with a wet noodle.
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

« Reply #160 on: November 19, 2017, 11:34:49 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

As a point of order, I didn't suppose you were from Appalachia - I merely said that areas in Appalachia, the Ozarks, and the big swamps are more likely to be like here (not merely rural, but wild), as in past experience, I have found folks from there to be more akin in thinking - And I am finding out that's a special set, and that rednecks ain't rednecks wherever you go after all.

Nor Conservatives. I had always thought 'innocent until proven guilty' to be foundational in Christian and Conservative thought. Evidently I am mistaken. And that is sad.

I saw it long ago, with a reasonable reply from Moore. I will try to track that down for you, but it will be a while. I am in the middle of things.

As to the rest, nothing. Not a whiff of actual evidence. None.

@roamer_1

Well, damn, maybe someday I can aspire to be in that special set.  I guess I just don’t measure up, huh?

Just kidding.  I’m fine where I am, using my common sense.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2017, 11:46:00 pm »

Now we're quoting shitty Gloria Estefan songs on the never ending Moore hell threads?

I'm deleting my account here immediately. TBR is now officially lost.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2017, 11:49:11 pm »
Now we're quoting shitty Gloria Estefan songs on the never ending Moore hell threads?

WTF are you talking about?  Do I really seem like the type of person that would listen to Gloria Estefan?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2017, 11:55:12 pm »
Whodat?  I'm sorry Frank, but you will have to provide a better accounting than that if you want to be deleted.
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2017, 11:56:43 pm »

Frank, not to be a pain, but how did you know the lyrics to a sh*tty Gloria Estefan song well enough to recognize that quote?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2017, 12:15:01 am »
Frank, not to be a pain, but how did you know the lyrics to a sh*tty Gloria Estefan song well enough to recognize that quote?

Ooooooooooooooo..................... Zingggggg!!!

888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.