Author Topic: Mother of Roy Moore Accuser Contradicts Key Detail of Daughter’s Sexual Misconduct Story  (Read 5304 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
INVAR, you're becoming incoherent.   

Moore?  A bigoted hypocrite.  No crime, but surely not worthy of being a U.S. Senator, as three Alabama newspapers denounced him today as "grossly unfit".   

If you say it is so, the opposite is true.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline thackney

Moore is 70, not 30.

And the claim is this happened 4 decades ago and only came up now.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
INVAR, you're becoming incoherent.   

Moore?  A bigoted hypocrite.  No crime, but surely not worthy of being a U.S. Senator, as three Alabama newspapers denounced him today as "grossly unfit".   

Menendez?  I say lock him up.
I am relieved that the Founders trusted even their limited pool of voters more than the newspapers to elect people to office.

Historically, I do not see where being a bigoted hypocrite (even if the candidate did fit that description) has ever disqualified anyone from being a United States Senator.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Historically, I do not see where being a bigoted hypocrite (even if the candidate did fit that description) has ever disqualified anyone from being a United States Senator.

Actually I thought it was encouraged....

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Actually I thought it was encouraged....

Yes.  With he absolute silent approval and nod of the GOP leadership over all those decades.

Because you know.... decorum in the Senate and all that stuff.....
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Gee...now whose bias' are showing?  :whistle:

@txradioguy

Mine. I freely admit I have them,and they am justified to have them. I grew up surrounded by pious bible-thumping Holy Rollers who were mostly full of hate.

We ALL have biases. The only difference is some of us admit to them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

If reporters were really interested I'd be willing to bet this dirty trick traces back to McConnell's office.

They are not interested,and that's not something I would bet against.

The WaPo reporters didn't just happen upon this story.  They were led to it...they didn't find it on their own through crack research and investigative reporting.

Truth to tell,that's what always happens. Somebody drops something at their feet,and if their editor thinks there is advertising to sell from reporting what was told,it gets published,and then followed up on if it gains any traction.

If that were the case they'd have reported the fact that one of the so called "victims" is a huge Dem supporter and has pics with herself and Biden and other Liberals all over her FB page.

I understand that is scheduled to happen on Feb 31st,2929,but may be called due to weather.

This is a smear job set up by McConnell and the establishment pure and simple.

Most likely. After all,what is the sense of having power if you don't  use and abuse it?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:05:36 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Moore is 70, not 30.

@Restored

Yes,but he was 32 when this is alleged to have happened. He is trying to defend  himself against charges over something he was alleged to have done 40 years ago. NOBODY can prove their innocence  40 years later because if you didn't do what you were charged with doing and just living a normal life,nobody can remember what they were doing "late on the third week of April 1970".

It's hard enough to prove you are innocent of doing something 40 days ago,never mind 40 years ago.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:11:17 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Restored

Yes,but he was 32 when this is alleged to have happened. He is trying to defend  himself against charges over something he was alleged to have done 40 years ago. NOBODY can prove their innocence  40 years later because if you didn't do what you were charged with doing and just living a normal life,nobody can remember what they were doing "late on the third week of April 1970".

It's hard enough to prove you are innocent of doing something 40 days ago,never mind 40 years ago.
Yep. That's why the burden of proof resides with the prosecution, and not the defense. Well, in theory, anyway. Looking around here, I'm not so sure any more.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis