Author Topic: Cruz, Cornyn withdraw endorsements of Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore  (Read 6566 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Fox had a guest on last week who talked about timed "hit-pieces" with a hint of a smile on discussing this picture and that's exactly what this really is. Too bad, it wasn't found out before a Senate seat was on the line.

Offline sinkspur

Nope. I will differ from you most certainly. There are many reasons city folks would keep such a thing quiet. No reason at all in the country. Her family is her defense, not the law.

Now, it can be claimed that the town was more urbane, and that all these women were citified - but that don't track with speaking to their mammas to ask em out.

And it could be taken that all these women were from dysfunctional families, but sure enough, he'd have run into one, and believe me, one is all it would take.

Every one of these five women were from homes with a single mother.  There were no men around.

That's the MO of a pederast:  target a child of a single mother, work the mother.  They go after the weak and those with no male presence in the household.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DiogenesLamp

@jmyrlefuller

Of course not.  But someone is lying here, and we have to decide who.  Moore?  Or all of his accusers, their friends, relatives, all of Moore’s former colleagues, the cops and the mall employees? 
That defies belief, doesn’t it?

I've only heard of one former colleague say he liked to date young girls.   (Not proof of sexual impropriety.)  I've only heard of two "accusers"  who claimed sexual impropriety.   Are there any names of these mall cops and mall employees that remember stuff from 40 years ago?   

And they are still working at the mall.  Really?   

Whatever happened to that "You have a right to face your accuser" thing?   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RetBobbyMI

@jmyrlefuller

Of course not.  But someone is lying here, and we have to decide who.  Moore?  Or all of his accusers, their friends, relatives, all of Moore’s former colleagues, the cops and the mall employees? 
That defies belief, doesn’t it?
No one has to decide except voters of Alabama
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline DB

Nope. I will differ from you most certainly. There are many reasons city folks would keep such a thing quiet. No reason at all in the country. Her family is her defense, not the law.

Now, it can be claimed that the town was more urbane, and that all these women were citified - but that don't track with speaking to their mammas to ask em out.

And it could be taken that all these women were from dysfunctional families, but sure enough, he'd have run into one, and believe me, one is all it would take.

I'm not a "city" guy. Most of my life has been in the hills. My high school class's graduation had about 18 students in it. I took the GED a year and a half before that and got out though I went to the graduation as a spectator.

Offline DiogenesLamp

@mystery-ak

Moore is a man who would have benefited from a beat down from someone’s father or brother.

Because we all know that the worst claims about him, which for some reason waited forty years to be brought up now on the eve of a US Senatorial election,  are all true. 

This has nothing at all to do with control of power,   it's all about Democrat's great concern for the abuse of women.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

There isn't one person interviewed in that article that had first hand information on anything. It was all people who never saw Moore there who were working off of rumors from others that when contacted had nothing to say.

I wonder how many enemies a District Attorney prosecutor would make putting people in jail?   Obviously they wouldn't let that influence what they say about him.   They would have integrity,  you know. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@roamer_1

I  posted that before reading what you said, lol.

What defies belief more?  That he didn’t get beaten, or that ALL of these people are lying?

All two of them.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RetBobbyMI

What defies belief is in 40 some years under political scrutiny, only now is anyone saying anything. I find that odd, to say say the least.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline sinkspur

Gotta love Twitter:

Offline sinkspur

What defies belief is in 40 some years under political scrutiny, only now is anyone saying anything. I find that odd, to say say the least.

Local reporters are not in the same league with the national reporters that investigated this.  The WAPO reporters were actually there on another story and began to be told about women who had stories about Moore.  So they pursued them.

These women did not come forward.  They were sought out by the WAPO.  And they all agreed to go on the record.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This is a real soap opera... one usually tries to avoid, just a gossippy story.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Actually, sexual assault is illegal.  But he can't be prosecuted because the statute of limitations has run its course. 

If Moore wins, he becomes the face of the Republican Party:  Grand Old Pederasts.  I'm sure you remember what effect the Mark Foley  scandal had on the Republican party in 2006:

They lost both Houses of Congress.

Exactly.  Why he must not win.  Another scandal would finish the GOP off.  Thank God for level headed people like Cruz and Cornyn.  Cruz is a father of two girls.  This makes a parent cringe.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Local reporters are not in the same league with the national reporters that investigated this.  The WAPO reporters were actually there on another story and began to be told about women who had stories about Moore.  So they pursued them.

These women did not come forward.  They were sought out by the WAPO.  And they all agreed to go on the record.
I bet WAPO sought out Gloria Allred too to make even more sensational bs just like Clinton did with the Russians.

Offline jpsb

I just don’t understand why everyone is in such a rush to judgement. They aren’t doing that with Hillary who has much more factual evidence against her. Makes me think Washington DC is the new Salem, Mass.

The GOPe is out to destroy Steve Bannon. You know the guy that helped elect Trump.
Moore is backed by Bannon so Moore must be destroyed too. Bannon wants to get rid
the Senate of GOPe Senators like Linda and Mitch. He's said he is going to recruit and
help elect senators friendly to Trump agenda. It's all out war between us deplorables
and the GOPe. Please note which side Cruz is taking (not ours).

Cruz has once again proved why he is unfit for any leadership role in the GOP.

Guilty until proven innocent huh lying Ted. BTW, How is Amanda doing Ted?

Guess Ted would prefer a baby killing, pro gay agenda, carbon taxing radical progressive
representing Alabama. Ted Cruz is NOT a profile in courage.

Offline jpsb

I wanted to believe him to..I still do but I think we should cut our loses and get a new candidate in there so we don't lose that seat... I am hoping the Gov of Al postpones the election next month....

Didn't Moore win the right to stand for the US Senate by winning two elections? Who
are you to say Alabamans can't choose their Senate representatives? It is either Moore
or a radical left wing progressive. A guy that is in favor of partial birth abortions. Pro
homosexual agenda and a global warming freak too.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Here’s the thing. Even if he, and by his own admission, was in his 30’s and “dating” high school age girls 16 and 17 years old (assuming the story of the then 14-year-old is false), even as with the age of consent at the time not making it “illegal” and even with the parent’s permission and doing nothing more than kissing them and reading bad poetry and strumming his guitar for them (and not “strumming” any other, um…. instrument), it’s still creepy as shit.

Yes, some teenage girls can be pretty “mature”, at least physically for their age, fewer still are emotionally or intellectually mature though.

And before anyone jumps in with the “well my grandmother got married to my grandpa when she was 15 and he was 25”, aside from that I would hope grandpa was not serial stalking other 15 year olds before settling down with “grandma”, these kind of matches were often just that, “matches”, back when and in areas of the country where “courting” still went on and typically between two people of the same socioeconomic class and typically of a similar background and education level and with the goal, often shared with the parents of both, toward marriage.

Ask yourself, what would a 32-year-old man with military experience, college educated and a law school graduate, working as an assistant DA find interesting in 16-year-old high school girls?  Be honest.

It would be one thing if he had met a charming, pretty and rather mature high schooler and they dated for a while, but making a pattern of it? That’s at the very least creepy.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline jpsb

It is pretty obvious he was wife shopping and he liked younger women. He did not
date 16 year olds as best I can tell. He married a 24 yo woman but might have gone out
with someone in their late teens (17/18/19). Prince Charles dated teenagers too. He
even married one. Where was the outrage then?

Silver Pines

No one has to decide except voters of Alabama

@RetBobbyMI

That’s true.  The rest of us reach our own opinions, based on the information coming out.

I posted a 2002 clipping from an Alabama paper which mentioned certain rumors about Moore, a reputation he had.  It said that people weren’t talking openly but he was not well-liked.

Now he’s running for higher office, and he’s under much greater scrutiny. 

Silver Pines

It is pretty obvious he was wife shopping and he liked younger women. He did not
date 16 year olds as best I can tell. He married a 24 yo woman but might have gone out
with someone in their late teens (17/18/19). Prince Charles dated teenagers too. He
even married one. Where was the outrage then?

@jpsb

And if you had a 15 or 16 year old daughter who was being chased by a man in his thirties you’d be okay with it.

Right.

Silver Pines

I bet WAPO sought out Gloria Allred too to make even more sensational bs just like Clinton did with the Russians.

@RetBobbyMI

Allred was definitely a bad choice.  I can’t imagine why a woman would want that shyster for a lawyer.

Offline jpsb

@jpsb

And if you had a 15 or 16 year old daughter who was being chased by a man in his thirties you’d be okay with it.

Right.

Why to you always lie? I said 17/18/19 NOT 15 or 16.

Online Hoodat

The WAPO reporters were actually there on another story and began to be told about women who had stories about Moore.

What was the other story?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline RetBobbyMI

@RetBobbyMI

That’s true.  The rest of us reach our own opinions, based on the information coming out.

I posted a 2002 clipping from an Alabama paper which mentioned certain rumors about Moore, a reputation he had.  It said that people weren’t talking openly but he was not well-liked.

Now he’s running for higher office, and he’s under much greater scrutiny.
Scrutiny by whom? Those outside his voting constituency like the Washington Compost? And, why now? Why not during the Primary? Or previous elections? Or while he was a Supreme Court justice? It just smells?

Online Hoodat

Here’s the thing. Even if he, and by his own admission, was in his 30’s and “dating” high school age girls 16 and 17 years old (assuming the story of the then 14-year-old is false), even as with the age of consent at the time not making it “illegal” and even with the parent’s permission and doing nothing more than kissing them and reading bad poetry and strumming his guitar for them (and not “strumming” any other, um…. instrument), it’s still creepy as shit.

Yes, some teenage girls can be pretty “mature”, at least physically for their age, fewer still are emotionally or intellectually mature though.

And before anyone jumps in with the “well my grandmother got married to my grandpa when she was 15 and he was 25”, aside from that I would hope grandpa was not serial stalking other 15 year olds before settling down with “grandma”, these kind of matches were often just that, “matches”, back when and in areas of the country where “courting” still went on and typically between two people of the same socioeconomic class and typically of a similar background and education level and with the goal, often shared with the parents of both, toward marriage.

Ask yourself, what would a 32-year-old man with military experience, college educated and a law school graduate, working as an assistant DA find interesting in 16-year-old high school girls?  Be honest.

It would be one thing if he had met a charming, pretty and rather mature high schooler and they dated for a while, but making a pattern of it? That’s at the very least creepy.

I concur.

Also, we are talking about someone who underwent approximately 6 years of college.  After being around college women for six years, why would someone go back to high school girls?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-