Author Topic: GOP leaders weigh drastic plan to save Alabama Senate seat  (Read 300 times)

Offline corbe

GOP leaders weigh drastic plan to save Alabama Senate seat
« on: November 16, 2017, 05:50:54 am »

GOP leaders weigh drastic plan to save Alabama Senate seat

The move, one of several long-shot options under consideration, would seek to trigger a new election.

By ALEX ISENSTADT and ELIANA JOHNSON
  | 11/15/2017 09:31 PM EST
  |  Updated 11/15/2017 11:00 PM EST

Republican leaders are exploring a dramatic remedy to salvage the Alabama Senate seat as fresh polling shows Roy Moore's prospects fading fast.

With less than four weeks until the special election and no sign that the party’s besieged nominee will exit the race, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and his top advisers are discussing the legal feasibility of asking appointed Sen. Luther Strange to resign from his seat in order to trigger a new special election.

McConnell aides express caution, saying they're uncertain whether such a move, one of several options being discussed, is even possible. Yet the talks underscore the despair among top Republicans over relinquishing a seat in deep-red Alabama, further diminishing their slim Senate majority.

New GOP polling obtained by POLITICO suggests that Moore is cratering. A survey conducted by the National Republican Senatorial Committee after allegations emerged that Moore had engaged in sexual misconduct with teenagers showed him trailing Democratic candidate Doug Jones by 12 points. Other recent polling has the race closer.

<..snip..>

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/15/roy-moore-republicans-alabama-senate-244961
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: GOP leaders weigh drastic plan to save Alabama Senate seat
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 05:54:51 am »
   Hey, Since my 2 Moore Polls aren't catching I though maybe I'd post a Thread, This is important and needs to be discussed, Moore (pun intended).

*****rollingeyes*****
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: GOP leaders weigh drastic plan to save Alabama Senate seat
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 06:08:17 am »
   Hey, Since my 2 Moore Polls aren't catching I though maybe I'd post a Thread, This is important and needs to be discussed, Moore (pun intended).

*****rollingeyes*****

Effing swell. Someone alert the usual suspects that we need another dumpster fire started over an irrelevant story that even McConnell knows is bullshit.....

McConnell aides express caution, saying they're uncertain whether such a move, one of several options being discussed, is even possible.

Here is another gem from Polutico carrying the Establishment water.....

New GOP polling obtained by POLITICO suggests that Moore is cratering. A survey conducted by the National Republican Senatorial Committee after allegations emerged that Moore had engaged in sexual misconduct with teenagers showed him trailing Democratic candidate Doug Jones by 12 points. Other recent polling has the race closer.