Author Topic: Romney Calls On Moore To Quit Senate Race After Teen Molestation Charge  (Read 4347 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Romney Calls On Moore To Quit Senate Race After Teen Molestation Charge
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2017, 07:53:17 am »
Sooo..... you are in favor of destroying someone's career of four decades, with no taint of corruption, based merely on an unproven accusation ....conveniently timed and partisan-hackery-biased... that ""sounds"" credible?   

Your reading comprehension sucks.  Read it again.

I have read the allegations.  They sound credible to me

Good to know.

But know this.   This whole Salem-witchhunt/trial insanity has more to do with defeating the GOP, getting a majority of Democrats back in control of the Senate, and then having the capability to vote YES (resoundingly) on impeaching Trump than it has to do with anything Roy Moore ever did or did not do.   Get.... a..... clue.

Or it could be times have change and victims of predators are not as cowed by men of power and wealth...even if some political hacks will continue to support evil men, without reading the allegations...because the timing doesn't fit their sad conspiracy theories.   

Right back at 'cha about the get a clue thing Xena.

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2017, 07:58:09 am »
Do you know anybody who actually supports child rape?  Other than those who follow Mohammed, the penultimate child rapist.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-alabama-roy-moore-response-jesus-mary-joseph-20171109-story.html

"Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus," Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told The Washington Examiner. "There's just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual."

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2017, 08:02:40 am »

It should be obvious to anyone paying attention that this witch-hunt against Moore is politically motivated.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2017, 08:15:57 am »

"Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,"

No one knows how old Mary was when God impregnated her...
but the culture of those ancient times was for girls to marry
soon after they were able to bear children  [although they
may have been promised from birth.]  Ezekiel 16 might give
us a clue.  The first part of the chapter describes how God
saved newborn Israel, raised and nurtured Israel and when
 it was time for consummation, Israel became God's wife. 

When I passed by you again and saw you, behold,
you were at the age for love, and I spread the
corner of my garment over you and covered your
nakedness; I made my vow to you and entered into
 a covenant with you, declares the Lord GOD, and
you became mine.

Ezekiel 16:8

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:18:40 am by KingsX »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2017, 08:28:26 am »

Sorry Joe, Pharma's one of the very few sectors I will not compromise or negotiate on.

1st, there is no such thing as a 'Side Effect'. There are only Direct Effects. Side Effect is weasel speak designed to CYA the maker and distributor's legal liability in Court After the fact.

As to the $Billion spent to get a drug through trials and approved, the tanking, hiding, and misrepresenting of clinical trial data is a byword with Pharma.

The control group requirement for drugs is placebo.

All the drug maker has to show with its trial data is that their drug outperformed NOTHING, a Sugar Pill.

With the entire class of antipsychotic drugs, used to treat the SYMPTOMS of an Opinion of a disease, the control group is often people suffering from withdrawal rebound by being taken off whatever sledgehammer antipsychotic drug they Were on. It's called Washout.

And it is a female dog for mirror imaging psychosis.

So the control group is jonesing at mach 3 or 4 as the active group is beaten into semi slumber acquiescence from the new drug.

BINGO! 'Our New Drug Is SO MUCH BETTER than even WE Ever Imagined. Our subjects outperformed people who were NOT ON ANY DRUG that it would be, well, almost Criminal to deny suffering humanity our drug's obvious, and (grossly rigged) Clinically Proven, (on Our dime) benefits.'

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2011/06/sc-judge-calls-j-actions-detestable-so.html

"this Court finds the actions of the Defendants, upon this audience, to be detestable."

"Annual Sales of Risperdal worldwide per annual reports of Johnson & Johnson, Inc.
     1994: $0.172 Billion
     1995: $0.343 Billion
     1996: $0.502 Billion
     1998: $0.588 Billion
     1999: $0.892 Billion
     2000: $1.083 Billion
     2001: $1.845 Billion
     2002: $2.146 Billion
     2003: $2.512 Billion
     2004: $3.05 Billion
     2005: $3.552 Billion
     2006: $4.180 Billion
     2007: $4.697 Billion
     2008: $1.309 Billion
     2009: $1.425 Billion
     2010: $1.50 Billion

Total for the period: $29.796 Billion

Testimony at trial indicated that the profit margin for sales of Risperdal was 97% or $28.90 Billion for the period of 1994-2010"

Note; the link to the pdf of that slip opinion is no longer valid, but anyone who would like a copy of it can PM me a valid email and I'll put it in your mailbox.

South Carolina's just one State, but here's the blog's post tag for South Carolina:

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/search/label/South%20Carolina

Another winner. (they're all beauts)

South Carolina Calls Janssen's Risperdal Defense "If We Lied, Nobody Fell For It."

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2015/05/south-carolina-supreme-court-calls.html

Clinical Trials are usually run for 4, 6, or 8 weeks, but the destructive effects of the drug don't manifest themselves as permanent brain and CNS damage perceivable by the naked eye until months down the road.

Welcome to Pharma World, where 'The Benefits Outweigh The Risks'. (That's GSK speak to peddle Paxil.)

Hi, My Name Is Kristi And I Have Tardive Dyskenisia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXPnngZUFLY

This is because the entire Class of these drugs Shrinks the pre-frontal cortex of human brains.

I don't care how big or how small a drug maker is. Almost all of them belong in prison.
What this is just one manifestation of is a problem that is thrashing western society, Capitalism (or at least capitalism with moral principles) and even our systems of government and jurisprudence.

Bad science.

In some quarters, it has become so commonplace as to be considered 'valid', and those tests fit the definition.

Good science (despite iterations of the 'scientific method') does not start with a belief and set out to prove it. It starts with an idea and tries to test whether that may be right. It looks for answers, it looks for data which do not fit the explanations. It looks at all the angles.

Those drug tests don't necessarily look at the whole picture, just the part they are trying to prove.
I was referring to anitbiotics and oncology drugs,. Psychopharmacology is a whole 'nother critter, imho.

As for the whole huge batch of anti-depressant drugs, now being used as painkillers and for other uses, I must note that most of the mass murderers we know medical data about were at one time or another taking prescribed antidepressants. So many of the drugs on my television advertised for "moderate to severe", often primarily skin conditions, have a list of side effects* that would definitely make anyone not obsessed with the original condition stop in their tracks, and that doesn't include the universally depressing commercials about antidepressants. 
*I used the term "side effects", but we can call them unintended effects, or even additional effects if common enough, but those effects have been accepted in terminology as "side effects", effects other than the intended actions of the drug on the condition for which it was prescribed--although that term is a misnomer.

Yep, some of those trials did not monitor for, nor were the subjects monitored for those effects for nearly long enough. I am glad that my mother who had lost six pregnancies out of nine (three of us made it) discarded the Thalidomide prescribed for her. My sister and I were both born with normal limbs as a result of her obstinance, a trait I have inherited.

I am in my sixth decade, and in reasonable health, and take no medication on a daily basis. Mrs. Joe is in the same boat. We both avoid what we call 'too much doctoring', only going to the doctor when we can't figure out what is wrong and take care of it.

That does not mean we don't avail ourselves of the diagnostics of modern medicine, but most matters of the spirit are not going to be healed by a pill.
If you are unhappy or consistently bummed, figure a way out of it. It can be challenging at times, but it is the only way to find lasting relief. Even small accomplishments can have major effect.

Unfortunately, people have been convinced they have a need to feel happy, be of a certain weight, look a certain way, or never know pain. I don't consider that living, although pain can be a handy symptom to tell you something is wrong.  Then you fix that or get it fixed, if it can be.

I must note that before the tobacco was vilified, there was less talk of depression. Funny thing, that evil weed happens to be a stimulant, which aside from pulmonary effects tends to have the opposite effect of alcohol on the body. Unfortunately, not on judgement or coordination, but on vasodilation, blood pressure, etc.--which is why nonsmokers used to ask for cigarettes when they drank a lot. The vasoconstrictor, blood pressure and such effects are the reason people smoked cigarettes after harrowing experiences or even being wounded. It helps ward off shock. I believe one of the effects of tobacco use was as an antidepressant as well.

But with that mechanism for self-dosing to ward off depression removed, increased numbers of people sought relief from pills, and the very fields which once grew tobacco were now used in some places to grow GMO tobacco to produce drugs. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/how-to-grow-an-ebola-vaccine-with-a-tobacco-plant and https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/scientists-figured-out-how-hijack-tobacco-plants-make-malaria-drugs-180960877/
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/02/130201100244.htm

In the meantime someone was selling nicotine gum, patches, etc....
And cases of 'depression' seemed to skyrocket.

So yes, as one who worked in tobacco fields in his youth, I am not a fan of Big Pharma, or the lies that have been and continue to be told about everything from butter to tobacco (a plant with no redeeming medical use according to the experts), or a host of other things.

I think we have the responsibility to be skeptics, to eat what makes us feel good, in quantities which maintain a comfortable weight for us, and do so replete with the knowledge we are not going to live forever.

Yet that does not mean little companies might not have solid ideas, or good discoveries.

If there was a way to make testing of new drugs unbiased and good science, removed from the profit motive, I'd be all for it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2017, 08:55:04 am »

No one knows how old Mary was when God impregnated her...
but the culture of those ancient times was for girls to marry
soon after they were able to bear children  [although they
may have been promised from birth.]  Ezekiel 16 might give
us a clue.  The first part of the chapter describes how God
saved newborn Israel, raised and nurtured Israel and when
 it was time for consummation, Israel became God's wife. 

When I passed by you again and saw you, behold,
you were at the age for love, and I spread the
corner of my garment over you and covered your
nakedness; I made my vow to you and entered into
 a covenant with you, declares the Lord GOD, and
you became mine.

Ezekiel 16:8

I'm unsure why you posted that...are you defending a 32 year old fondling a 14 year old as Biblically moral like the Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler?

Offline KingsX

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2017, 09:03:37 am »

I'm unsure why you posted that...are you defending a 32 year old fondling a 14 year old as Biblically moral like the Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler?

I quoted your post which referenced the Biblical Mary...
If you understood strict Biblical morality,  you wouldn't
ask such a question.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:08:22 am by KingsX »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2017, 09:30:24 am »
IF it happened, no I am not defending it. I am, however, skeptical of the timing of the allegation and its veracity.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2017, 10:28:15 am »
@Smokin Joe

"What this is just one manifestation of is a problem that is thrashing western society, Capitalism (or at least capitalism with moral principles) and even our systems of government and jurisprudence.

Bad science.

In some quarters, it has become so commonplace as to be considered 'valid', and those tests fit the definition.

Good science (despite iterations of the 'scientific method') does not start with a belief and set out to prove it. It starts with an idea and tries to test whether that may be right. It looks for answers, it looks for data which do not fit the explanations. It looks at all the angles.

Those drug tests don't necessarily look at the whole picture, just the part they are trying to prove.
I was referring to anitbiotics and oncology drugs,. Psychopharmacology is a whole 'nother critter, imho."

I'll agree with that, though I might want to rephrase a bit here and there, after an explaining.

That particular drug/class of drugs my post used as an example has been reported to FDA as 'The Primary Suspect Drug Causing Violent Homicides'.

In California it comes with State Police Registration as a 'Side Effect' whether the patient wants the Drug, and being Set Up with it, or not.

That's illegaly covered under the butt covering fiction of 'Therapeutic Privilege'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therapeutic_privilege

In the words of Detective  John McClane :ANNNNNNNHHHHH. Wrong answer!

When the Victim of the Drug's Makers and Street Pushers takes it up in Court after the fact, he gets CYA hammered again..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therapeutic_jurisprudence

Here's why its a Wrong Answer on both counts

Use of Interstate Commerce Facilities In The Commission of Murder For Hire
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1958

"(a) Whoever travels in or causes another (including the intended victim) to travel in interstate or foreign commerce, or uses or causes another (including the intended victim) to use the mail or any facility of interstate or foreign commerce, with intent that a murder be committed in violation of the laws of any State or the United States as consideration for the receipt of, or as consideration for a promise or agreement to pay, anything of pecuniary value, or who conspires to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than ten years, or both; and if personal injury results, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than twenty years etc,

Acting with intent is the threshold of violation. Murder itself does not have to be accomplished/committed.

Antibiotics and oncology drugs.

Pharma's no more ethical with their trial rigging there than they are with their psych drugs.

An analogy:

Billy's 20 years old. He's a good kid. Most of the time.

He delivers hot meals in his car to shut ins. Most of the time.

He also delivers bank robbers to and from banks to pay his bills.

Are we to ignore the bank jobs because of the meals on wheels?

90% of that Billion it takes Pharma to get a drug to market is not their money to begin with.

It comes out of the Centers For Medicare Services which makes it MY money and Your Money that's been used to violate Federal Racketeering Statutes.

Conspiracy to Commit Offense or to Defraud The United States
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/371

Healthcare Fraud
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1347

False Statements Relating To Healthcare Matters
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1035

And a whole lot more that I can list springing from just those 4 Offenses.

In Toto, they add up to about 200 YEARS in the slammer for manufacturing/distributing ANY mind altering substance which features Murder as a 'Side Effect'.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 10:32:59 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2017, 10:54:35 am »
BTW: My proposal to clean up this mess involves using existing Anti-Trust Statutes to break Pharma cedutical companies up into their constuent components.

BECAUSE, there is a (perceived) need for Some of their products.

I don't have a problem in the world with JNJ's Q-tips. The rest of their stuff however, . . .

Prosecute the ones in violation and leave the ones not in violation alone.

This is Not an anti Free Market approach.

I don't care how much money they make.

I Do care when they Violate the Law to make it.

Separate the constituent companies from the parent entity's Huge Legal Defense team that gets verdict after verdict against them overturned.

Even the Federal DOJ is powerless to do anything meaningful if it Wanted to against these mega Global Corporations.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2017, 02:12:38 pm »
Another Swamp Creature Heard from.

Mitt was a governor and from what I've known, has never worked in DC in a political office.  No, he's not perfect.

People really need to learn somewhere, we have to cooperate and be a team or left-wing-ism will take us over.

IMHO, Anti-Romneys gave us more Obama which was the worse of all. We already see that Trump, though I think is doing a good and even excellent job does not have high popularity ratings often. That could transfer into being a 1 term president.

As for Moore, again, a lack of team players, those who have had such vitriol against the Republican party, now support this guy as if they've been loyal.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2017, 02:14:50 pm »
Mitt was a governor and from what I've known, has never worked in DC in a political office.  No, he's not perfect.

People really need to learn somewhere, we have to cooperate and be a team or left-wing-ism will take us over.

IMHO, Anti-Romneys gave us more Obama which was the worse of all. We already see that Trump, though I think is doing a good and even excellent job does not have high popularity ratings often. That could transfer into being a 1 term president.

As for Moore, again, a lack of team players, those who have had such vitriol against the Republican party, now support this guy as if they've been loyal.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2017, 02:17:29 pm »
Your reading comprehension sucks.  Read it again.

Or it could be times have change and victims of predators are not as cowed by men of power and wealth...even if some political hacks will continue to support evil men, without reading the allegations...because the timing doesn't fit their sad conspiracy theories.   

Right back at 'cha about the get a clue thing Xena.

I agree in general with Once-Ler; I'm not convicting Moore of doing wrong, we all deserve a just hearing.... but the Hannity interview, if one reads it or listened to it,  as even the Fox commentators said, immensely hurts Moore. He doesn't even have to had done this with the 14 year old girl, it is his other behavior that he doesn't "deny" that takes the wind out of his sails.

Yes, this is a timed political hit; it's hard to deny this. I wonder why Moore's opponents in the primary, the Strange and Brooks camps though, could not have known this. They should have done their homework.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2017, 02:20:10 pm »

The problem then, ends up being that a Massachusetts former governor should not have been picked as the nominee. I can see that. But he was. And Massachusetts folks apparently did want a healthcare bill.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2017, 02:40:41 pm »
All the way to the Senate but not the House so much, Republicans are not working together and they could lose their majority and the Democrats could come back potentially in the House, Senate and Executive branch.  We need to work together, even if it means biting the bullet some times.

It's not just us here in this forum who disagree with policies, it's all the way to the Senate chamber.

Sometimes, of course, one will see some candidate they can not vote for. Naturally.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2017, 02:56:01 pm »
Sorry if I'm boring anyone here, 'cause I've hit this before;

We spend More Tax Dollars selling defective mind control than we spend on Any other sector of Health Care, because it looks good, as a superficial soundbite, on camera.

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2016/05/govt-mind-control-tops-us-healthcare.html

What we get in return, is huge increases in real chronic diseases, premature death, and medically induced suicide/homicide.

I'm not alone in noting it.

This is Oleg Atbashian, former Soviet Agitprop Artist and owner of thepeoplescube.com

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/soviet-style-abuse-of-psychiatry-is-now-practiced-in-the-us-t19299.html

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2017, 03:09:33 pm »

@TomSea

:thumbsup3: :thumbsup3: :thumbsup3:

"Trump's this. Trump's that. He Was this. He Was That. blah, blah. blah."

I give Less than a Tinker's damn what Trump WAS or DID before he was elected.

I care a great deal about what he HAS Done, and I believe is Trying to do, for the good of our Country now that he Is President.

I've seen, and posted, on a goodly number of positive things President Trump has done already.

To his detractors, who post nothing beyond telling everyone they don't like him, repeatedly, or keep every nit picking anti Trump Dem fabricated talking point thread here going for Ever;

If Trump is really the Devil, Bring Me His Horns.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:11:40 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2017, 03:27:34 pm »
When all the facts are in on Moore, I'll worry about the current crop of accusations.

I just can't help but smell, in the wake of Hillary Gate, another vindication of a man attacked as a political expediency by his trembling in fear of losing even more power, opponents.

Moore from my vantage point stands to cause not only the Dems, but the GOPE itself MANY a Sleepless Night.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2017, 04:09:22 pm »

It should be obvious to anyone paying attention that this witch-hunt against Moore is politically motivated.

Of course.  But the charges are credible and corroborated.   And, to extend the alliteration, creepy.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2017, 08:55:48 pm »

"Not perfect"? The man signed off on the prototype for Obamacare. And that was just part of the anti-conservative stuff done under his tenure. An uninspiring 'alternative', in a political sense, insufficiently in contrast to the Democrats to GOTV in sufficient numbers to overcome the inevitable voter fraud the Dems pulled (110% turnout in some party of Philadelphia, for instance).

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2017, 08:59:15 pm »
I agree in general with Once-Ler; I'm not convicting Moore of doing wrong, we all deserve a just hearing.... but the Hannity interview, if one reads it or listened to it,  as even the Fox commentators said, immensely hurts Moore. He doesn't even have to had done this with the 14 year old girl, it is his other behavior that he doesn't "deny" that takes the wind out of his sails.

Yes, this is a timed political hit; it's hard to deny this. I wonder why Moore's opponents in the primary, the Strange and Brooks camps though, could not have known this. They should have done their homework.
I heard denials from right out the gate. Did you listen to the same interview?

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2017, 09:12:07 pm »
Frank Cannon Calls On Romney To Quit Running For Every Election In This Country.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2017, 09:26:09 pm »

Of course.  But the charges are credible and corroborated.   And, to extend the alliteration, creepy.

"Charges" ?

Has Moore been legally charged of a crime ?

Or is this another example of  false witnesses who will run away when they are exposed ??

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:27:38 pm by KingsX »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2017, 09:32:31 pm »
Frank Cannon Calls On Romney To Quit Running For Every Election In This Country.

@Frank Cannon

I saw Mitt Romney look a picture in Hustler Magazine once! 

That ought to take care of it for you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2017, 11:31:26 pm »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-alabama-roy-moore-response-jesus-mary-joseph-20171109-story.html

"Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus," Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told The Washington Examiner. "There's just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual."
My mom was a teenager when she married a 21 year old man.

There was no 'child' here nor was there rape involved.

So what is your point?  You just hate Christians?

What is your point?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington