Author Topic: Romney Calls On Moore To Quit Senate Race After Teen Molestation Charge  (Read 4349 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Another Swamp Creature Heard from.

LA Times

[excerpt]

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-pol-essential-washington-updates-mitt-romney-calls-on-roy-moore-to-quit-1510339331-htmlstory.html

Mitt Romney emerged Friday as one of the few Republicans calling unconditionally for Roy Moore to quit the U.S. Senate race in Alabama following allegations that Moore molested a 14-year-old girl when he was 32.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich also broke with Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell and many other fellow Republicans who have urged Moore to drop out of the campaign only if the alleged 1979 incident turns out to be true.

Sen. John McCain of Arizona was the first major Republican to call on Moore to step aside Thursday following the explosive allegation by Leigh Corfman, the woman who told the Washington Post about the alleged sexual encounter when she was a teen.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Romney Calls On Moore To Quit Senate Race After Teen Molestation Charge
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 06:21:14 am »
Mitt. What a swell guy.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 12:43:01 pm »

LA Times

[excerpt]

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-pol-essential-washington-updates-mitt-romney-calls-on-roy-moore-to-quit-1510339331-htmlstory.html

Mitt Romney emerged Friday as one of the few Republicans calling unconditionally for Roy Moore to quit the U.S. Senate race in Alabama following allegations that Moore molested a 14-year-old girl when he was 32.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich also broke with Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell and many other fellow Republicans who have urged Moore to drop out of the campaign only if the alleged 1979 incident turns out to be true.

Sen. John McCain of Arizona was the first major Republican to call on Moore to step aside Thursday following the explosive allegation by Leigh Corfman, the woman who told the Washington Post about the alleged sexual encounter when she was a teen.

Kasich, McConnell, McCain, Romney; all members of the GOPe and holders of the keys to the Kingdom. I can't wait for Kasich's governorship to end and we will soon be rid of McCain as he will be standing soon before his maker.  I'm hoping that there will be continued calls for McConnell to step down.  Romney's career plummeted when he lost bigly to Bammy; and with his recent comments against those within his own party my positive opinion of him is quickly diminishing.   Drain the Swamp!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 01:09:59 pm »

LA Times

[excerpt]

has Jeb weighed in yet?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 01:10:19 pm »
The morally corrupt GOP
Kasich, McConnell, McCain, Romney; all members of the GOPe and holders of the keys to the Kingdom. I can't wait for Kasich's governorship to end and we will soon be rid of McCain as he will be standing soon before his maker.  I'm hoping that there will be continued calls for McConnell to step down.  Romney's career plummeted when he lost bigly to Bammy; and with his recent comments against those within his own party my positive opinion of him is quickly diminishing.   Drain the Swamp!

That is your defense of scum?  Kasich, McConnell, McCain, and Romney...all worse than a sanctimonious self-rightous pedophile.  The GOP has sold it soul...if it really ever had one. 

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 01:12:53 pm »
has Jeb weighed in yet?
I imagine he is against child rape, however he is a Republican so who knows.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 01:25:58 pm »
The morally corrupt GOP
That is your defense of scum?  Kasich, McConnell, McCain, and Romney...all worse than a sanctimonious self-rightous pedophile.  The GOP has sold it soul...if it really ever had one.

???? Excuse me, but Moore has not stood trial, nor has it been absolutely confirmed that he is guilty of the accusations.  To believe that McConnell and cronies would not do all they could to ensure Moore never enters their country club is being naive.  McConnell raises funds through the National Republican Senatorial Committee to ensure that 'his' incumbents are never unseated or that conservatives never make it into his domain.  Moore poses a threat to him; Strange is who he wanted in the seat.  I'm not stating that I have proof that this is McConnell's doing, but I am stating that because of McConnell's past track record it is a strong possibility and it's also a strong possibility that these accusations are the handiwork of the DEMS.

I listened to Moore's response to the accusations and he makes an extremely valid point.  This is not his first run for political office.  He has served in the political arena for 40 years and now all of a sudden he has people accusing him of sexual misconduct?  It seems that if those accusations were true that information would have been made knwon long ago to keep him from being elected.

Sorry ... but until all the dots are connected ... my bets are this is a witch hunt by the RINO's; namely McConnell.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:27:04 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 01:47:36 pm »
???? Excuse me, but Moore has not stood trial, nor has it been absolutely confirmed that he is guilty of the accusations.  To believe that McConnell and cronies would not do all they could to ensure Moore never enters their country club is being naive.  McConnell raises funds through the National Republican Senatorial Committee to ensure that 'his' incumbents are never unseated or that conservatives never make it into his domain.  Moore poses a threat to him; Strange is who he wanted in the seat.  I'm not stating that I have proof that this is McConnell's doing, but I am stating that because of McConnell's past track record it is a strong possibility and it's also a strong possibility that these accusations are the handiwork of the DEMS.

I listened to Moore's response to the accusations and he makes an extremely valid point.  This is not his first run for political office.  He has served in the political arena for 40 years and now all of a sudden he has people accusing him of sexual misconduct?  It seems that if those accusations were true that information would have been made knwon long ago to keep him from being elected.

Sorry ... but until all the dots are connected ... my bets are this is a witch hunt by the RINO's; namely McConnell.

So McConnell made those girls announce to the world they were victims.  huh?  Was McConnell responsible for Hastert too?  I'm sorry Liberty...we have chatted before and I know you are a person who questions the media.  I respect that.  I have read the allegations.  They sound credible to me, and I can not defend Roy Moore despite my disgust with the rest of the morally corrupt GOP.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 01:51:02 pm »

Is your hero Ted Cruz a part of it too?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 01:54:39 pm »

Why? Because you like to play up the do-nothings? While Kasich has actually done a lot? I don't agree with some of it, but at least, he's doing some things and some of those things are right except for immigration.

I've seen enough 2 faced independents always crying about things, to cast stones at Romney here,  these are the sorry so and sos that gave us Obama and they wanted to give us hillary.

Gee, you are always talking about the less than 1% constitution party, that's fine and dandy but it isn't helping a party nationally, if people just gripe about the GOP and aren't a part of it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 02:03:19 pm »
So McConnell made those girls announce to the world they were victims.  huh?  Was McConnell responsible for Hastert too?  I'm sorry Liberty...we have chatted before and I know you are a person who questions the media.  I respect that.  I have read the allegations.  They sound credible to me, and I can not defend Roy Moore despite my disgust with the rest of the morally corrupt GOP.

So far, he's been accused and not convicted.  Secondly, he's held political office for 40 years and in all that time no one till now has come forward; there may be legitimate reasons as to why, but I find it makes their accusations suspect, especially now.  McConnell or the DEMS could have paid them to make false accusations; this wouldn't be the first time that the DEMS have stooped so low.  You are correct, I don't trust the MSM, but I distrust McConnell and the DEMS even more.  IF indeed Moore is guilty then yes, absolutely he should step aside.  IF indeed this is nothing more than a witch hunt then his accusers should be penalized for defamation of character.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 02:07:26 pm »
Ted Cruz withdrew his endorsement; we can wait till hell freezes over to hear this criticized, then, someone who is not even a part of the scenario, Kasich, gets criticized, you can't make this up.  :chairbang:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 02:20:10 pm »
Ted Cruz withdrew his endorsement; we can wait till hell freezes over to hear this criticized, then, someone who is not even a part of the scenario, Kasich, gets criticized, you can't make this up.  :chairbang:

Interesting ... as it is being reported that Cruz's opponent in TX is fundraising off of Cruz's refusal to 'un-endrose' Moore ... yep ... you can't make this stuff up!   :chairbang:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-challenger-fundraises-off-cruzs-refusal-to-un-endorse-roy-moore/article/2640386

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 02:22:57 pm »
Mitt Romney molested me when I was 14.

Okay, Mitt, now you've been accused too.  You can't run for senate either.

Boy, the Dems could win every office this way.  Or is that your plan, Mittens?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 02:35:41 pm »
Mitt Romney molested me when I was 14.

Okay, Mitt, now you've been accused too.  You can't run for senate either.

Boy, the Dems could win every office this way.  Or is that your plan, Mittens?

Exactly and they've done it before.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 02:41:00 pm »
7 Problems With the GOP’s ‘If True, Roy Moore Should Step Aside’ Stance
https://www.yahoo.com/news/7-problems-gop-true-roy-182527067.html

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 07:38:39 pm »

There is no such thing as a 'Perfect' candidate.

https://www.statnews.com/pharmalot/2015/12/21/ted-cruz-fda-drugs/

Both Cruz and Lee showed their true 'Conservative' colors by whoring for Big Pharma.

Under their Result Act, Congress would have had the power to over ride the honest scientists in the hornets next of corruption that is the FDA.

If that stinker had become law, Congress would have had the power to mandate that Thalidomide be approved for use in the U.S.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 07:51:46 pm »

Sooo..... you are in favor of destroying someone's career of four decades, with no taint of corruption, based merely on an unproven accusation ....conveniently timed and partisan-hackery-biased... that ""sounds"" credible?   

Good to know.

But know this.   This whole Salem-witchhunt/trial insanity has more to do with defeating the GOP, getting a majority of Democrats back in control of the Senate, and then having the capability to vote YES (resoundingly) on impeaching Trump than it has to do with anything Roy Moore ever did or did not do.   Get.... a..... clue.
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 12:20:16 am »
Sooo..... you are in favor of destroying someone's career of four decades, with no taint of corruption, based merely on an unproven accusation ....conveniently timed and partisan-hackery-biased... that ""sounds"" credible?   

There it is.
an *exemplary* career at that - A hard fighter for the far Conservative right, and demonstrably *not* a mere Republican.

IF the allegations are true, there would be some basis for drumming him out.
But the entire case, built in the court of public opinion, is wholly a case built upon hearsay and vile rumor.

IF indeed he is a pedophile and pervert, bring forth a bastard child and show the DNA evidence. There is no way a lech as described would be without a bastard child or two, dealing with girls too young to be well informed and adept at contraception (not that contraception works all the time anyway).

IF indeed he is as such, show the continuing and current predilection - a predilection well known to continue life-long in those with the preference.

IF indeed he is as accused, then show it in the record - because the record will truly exist.

But so far that mighty big IF remains.

And I refuse to convict a man whose honor is so impeccably wrought, on the grounds that the seriousness of the charge outweighs the veracity of the evidence.

I cry bullshit.

Dollars to doughnuts the moment he is defeated this will all inconveniently evaporate into nothing, with the only thing remaining being the smoking crater where this man's honor once was.

It is shameful that he is even questioned upon it by such a scurrilous and unfounded charge.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 02:21:08 am »
Quit because some scumbag cesspool WaPo reporter throws around some dollars and gets her opportunistic response, one of whom is a public Moore hater, Jones supporter, and long time Dem party volunteer?
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 02:39:41 am »
I imagine he is against child rape, however he is a Republican so who knows.
Do you know anybody who actually supports child rape?  Other than those who follow Mohammed, the penultimate child rapist.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 02:54:12 am »

There is no such thing as a 'Perfect' candidate.

https://www.statnews.com/pharmalot/2015/12/21/ted-cruz-fda-drugs/

Both Cruz and Lee showed their true 'Conservative' colors by whoring for Big Pharma.

Under their Result Act, Congress would have had the power to over ride the honest scientists in the hornets next of corruption that is the FDA.

If that stinker had become law, Congress would have had the power to mandate that Thalidomide be approved for use in the U.S.
Thalidomide is still around...
https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a699032.html
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2017, 03:14:38 am »
Thalidomide is still around...
https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a699032.html

Yes it is. But it's contra indicated for morning sickness and such. If the RESULT Act had been law when thalidomide was being pushed as OK all over Europe, and our FDA said 'no it isn't' here, Doctors would have been writing scripts for it from coast to coast.

Thalidomide is for historical perspective.

I doubt, knowing what we know about that ONE DRUG, in hindsight, we'd have to worry about it going mainstream now.

My point, which you probably already understood, but Some here may not, is that there's always More Thalidomides waiting in line and there are a few Honest Scientists at FDA who get them stopped.

Under Cruz and Lee's idiot bill, Congress, who can't even P##s straight, would have the authority to force FDA approval of whatever K Street Wanted approved.

And That, ought to be terrifying enough to stop a clock, dead in its course.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2017, 03:32:39 am »
Yes it is. But it's contra indicated for morning sickness and such. If the RESULT Act had been law when thalidomide was being pushed as OK all over Europe, and our FDA said 'no it isn't' here, Doctors would have been writing scripts for it from coast to coast.

Thalidomide is for historical perspective.

I doubt, knowing what we know about that ONE DRUG, in hindsight, we'd have to worry about it going mainstream now.

My point, which you probably already understood, but Some here may not, is that there's always More Thalidomides waiting in line and there are a few Honest Scientists at FDA who get them stopped.

Under Cruz and Lee's idiot bill, Congress, who can't even P##s straight, would have the authority to force FDA approval of whatever K Street Wanted approved.

And That, ought to be terrifying enough to stop a clock, dead in its course.
I think there is a balance to be had between the years long billion dollar struggle to get a drug approved, and being careless about letting one go through.

There are huge numbers of drugs out there which gained approval despite despite nasty side effects, unknown until release, after FDA approval.

Thalidomide, while released in large quantities for testing in the US was never approved in the 50s and 60s for sale and distribution as a sedative. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide  That still did not stop some brutal birth defects.

Currently, however, getting a drug through phase 1 and 2 trials has bankrupted many small pharmacy and biotech firms, to the benefit of "Big Pharma", who buys up the distressed company's patents and takes the drug through to market. Cui bono?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2017, 05:24:48 am »
I think there is a balance to be had between the years long billion dollar struggle to get a drug approved, and being careless about letting one go through.

There are huge numbers of drugs out there which gained approval despite despite nasty side effects, unknown until release, after FDA approval.

Thalidomide, while released in large quantities for testing in the US was never approved in the 50s and 60s for sale and distribution as a sedative. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide  That still did not stop some brutal birth defects.

Currently, however, getting a drug through phase 1 and 2 trials has bankrupted many small pharmacy and biotech firms, to the benefit of "Big Pharma", who buys up the distressed company's patents and takes the drug through to market. Cui bono?

Sorry Joe, Pharma's one of the very few sectors I will not compromise or negotiate on.

1st, there is no such thing as a 'Side Effect'. There are only Direct Effects. Side Effect is weasel speak designed to CYA the maker and distributor's legal liability in Court After the fact.

As to the $Billion spent to get a drug through trials and approved, the tanking, hiding, and misrepresenting of clinical trial data is a byword with Pharma.

The control group requirement for drugs is placebo.

All the drug maker has to show with its trial data is that their drug outperformed NOTHING, a Sugar Pill.

With the entire class of antipsychotic drugs, used to treat the SYMPTOMS of an Opinion of a disease, the control group is often people suffering from withdrawal rebound by being taken off whatever sledgehammer antipsychotic drug they Were on. It's called Washout.

And it is a female dog for mirror imaging psychosis.

So the control group is jonesing at mach 3 or 4 as the active group is beaten into semi slumber acquiescence from the new drug.

BINGO! 'Our New Drug Is SO MUCH BETTER than even WE Ever Imagined. Our subjects outperformed people who were NOT ON ANY DRUG that it would be, well, almost Criminal to deny suffering humanity our drug's obvious, and (grossly rigged) Clinically Proven, (on Our dime) benefits.'

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2011/06/sc-judge-calls-j-actions-detestable-so.html

"this Court finds the actions of the Defendants, upon this audience, to be detestable."

"Annual Sales of Risperdal worldwide per annual reports of Johnson & Johnson, Inc.
     1994: $0.172 Billion
     1995: $0.343 Billion
     1996: $0.502 Billion
     1998: $0.588 Billion
     1999: $0.892 Billion
     2000: $1.083 Billion
     2001: $1.845 Billion
     2002: $2.146 Billion
     2003: $2.512 Billion
     2004: $3.05 Billion
     2005: $3.552 Billion
     2006: $4.180 Billion
     2007: $4.697 Billion
     2008: $1.309 Billion
     2009: $1.425 Billion
     2010: $1.50 Billion

Total for the period: $29.796 Billion

Testimony at trial indicated that the profit margin for sales of Risperdal was 97% or $28.90 Billion for the period of 1994-2010"

Note; the link to the pdf of that slip opinion is no longer valid, but anyone who would like a copy of it can PM me a valid email and I'll put it in your mailbox.

South Carolina's just one State, but here's the blog's post tag for South Carolina:

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/search/label/South%20Carolina

Another winner. (they're all beauts)

South Carolina Calls Janssen's Risperdal Defense "If We Lied, Nobody Fell For It."

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2015/05/south-carolina-supreme-court-calls.html

Clinical Trials are usually run for 4, 6, or 8 weeks, but the destructive effects of the drug don't manifest themselves as permanent brain and CNS damage perceivable by the naked eye until months down the road.

Welcome to Pharma World, where 'The Benefits Outweigh The Risks'. (That's GSK speak to peddle Paxil.)

Hi, My Name Is Kristi And I Have Tardive Dyskenisia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXPnngZUFLY

This is because the entire Class of these drugs Shrinks the pre-frontal cortex of human brains.

I don't care how big or how small a drug maker is. Almost all of them belong in prison.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:28:44 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »