Author Topic: Yet another retirement in the Texas Republican Congressional delegation (Poe)  (Read 1176 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Karen Townsend
Nov. 9, 2017

In a surprise move to many constituents, Rep. Ted Poe (R-TX) announced on social media that he will not seek re-election. The largest Republican delegation in Congress, Texas, is facing some serious change. This announcement was the third in a week from Texas. As it happened, I heard Poe speak to a group of Republican women in Houston Monday morning before he caught a flight back to Washington and he gave no clue that this was coming just the next day.

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2017/11/09/yet-another-retirement-texas-republican-congressional-delegation/

Offline the_doc

@Sanguine

I'll bet he got word that the people of his district will no longer support him.

(I predicted that he would find himself in very hot water for his squishy, whining complaints.  He is not the sort of guy that Southeast Texans as a whole would like.)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 12:41:26 am by the_doc »

Offline endicom

@Sanguine

I'll bet he got word that the people of his district will no longer support him.

(I predicted that he would find himself in very hot water for his squishy, whining complaints.  He is not the sort of guy that Southeast Texans as a whole would like.)

Texas seems to be losing several squishes. I hope there are better replacements for them.

Offline MajorClay

:amen:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No more squishes!