Author Topic: 93-Year-Old WWII Veteran Ousts Incumbent N.J. Mayor  (Read 1214 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
93-Year-Old WWII Veteran Ousts Incumbent N.J. Mayor
« on: November 09, 2017, 08:40:41 pm »
93-Year-Old WWII Veteran Ousts Incumbent N.J. Mayor
by Kathryn Blackhurst | Updated 09 Nov 2017 at 6:52 AM

Vito Perillo, a 93-year-old World War II veteran, pulled off an Election Day upset Tuesday when he ousted Tinton Falls Mayor Gerald M. Turning in New Jersey.

Perillo, a U.S. Navy veteran who served in the Pacific theater, told the Asbury Park Press that he wore out two pairs of shoes while traipsing about the town and knocking on every single door to court voters. At the end of the day, Perillo snatched 53 percent of the vote with 2,449 votes to Turning’s 46 percent and 2,146 votes.

"To all my supporters who made your voices heard at the polls, I am profoundly grateful," Perillo wrote in a Facebook post. "I look forward to partnering with each and every resident of this great town, and creating the two-way dialogue that I spoke of throughout my campaign."

Continued at: http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/93-year-old-wwii-veteran-ousts-incumbent-n-j-mayor/

http://www.app.com/story/news/local/elections/2017/11/08/wwii-vet-vito-perillo-tinton-falls-mayor/842916001/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: 93-Year-Old WWII Veteran Ousts Incumbent N.J. Mayor
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 11:36:44 pm »
 :patriot:

:)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 11:39:03 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 93-Year-Old WWII Veteran Ousts Incumbent N.J. Mayor
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 06:07:17 am »
Props to this man, and his old school style campaign!  :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis