Author Topic: CNN: Roy Moore was removed from 1990s divorce case after he barred lesbian from seeing her children unsupervised  (Read 1272 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Roy Moore was removed from 1990s divorce case after he barred lesbian from seeing her children unsupervised
By Andrew Kaczynski and Chris Massie, CNN
Updated 12:26 PM ET, Thu November 9, 2017

Moore ruled in a 1990s divorce case that a woman who had a lesbian affair couldn't visit her children unsupervised or with her partner.
    Moore, then a circuit judge, was ultimately removed from the case by an Alabama appeals court after the woman and her attorneys argued that he couldn't be impartial because of his views on homosexuality.

(CNN)Roy Moore, the Republican nominee for Senate in Alabama, ruled in a 1990s divorce case that a woman who had a lesbian affair couldn't visit her children unsupervised or with her partner, writing that the "minor children will be detrimentally affected by the present lifestyle" of the mother.
Moore, then a circuit judge, was ultimately removed from the case by an Alabama appeals court after the woman and her attorneys argued that he couldn't be impartial because of his views on homosexuality, according to public court documents reviewed by CNN's KFile.

Read more at: http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/09/politics/kfile-roy-moore-divorce-case/index.html

Online dfwgator

Offline cato potatoe

This was the 1990s, and a lot of people's views have changed.  The bothersome part is he failed at his job, time and time again.  Justice is supposed to be blind, and Roy Moore was there to push an agenda.

Offline DiogenesLamp

This was the 1990s, and a lot of people's views have changed.  The bothersome part is he failed at his job, time and time again.  Justice is supposed to be blind, and Roy Moore was there to push an agenda.

Insisting upon a Normal  reading of the law is not an agenda.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Hoodat

That should help him.

Exactly.  CNN acts as if he is running for Senator of San Francisco.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
is it just me, or is this one of those ..."and another thing!" stories to toss on the allegations by the young (at the time, 40 long, silent, years ago) ladies?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

is it just me, or is this one of those ..."and another thing!" stories to toss on the allegations by the young (at the time, 40 long, silent, years ago) ladies?

Yup. Bezos set the stink bomb with these now questionable allegations so that the MSM had an excuse to drag up all the shit he has done over the last 40 years. Smell very coordinated to me.

Offline Smokin Joe

Yup. Bezos set the stink bomb with these now questionable allegations so that the MSM had an excuse to drag up all the shit he has done over the last 40 years. Smell very coordinated to me.
Reminds me of another set of campaign attacks...coordinated, rapid fire, damning if true, visceral allegations which don't look for the truth but produce emotive reactions on a knee jerk basis, very familiar.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:46:27 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Reminds me of another set of campaign attacks...coordinated, rapid fire, damning if true, visceral allegations which don't look for the truth but produce emotive reactions on a knee jerk basis, very familiar.

We're on the same wavelength. Taylor v Cass election of 1848 right?

Offline Smokin Joe

We're on the same wavelength. Taylor v Cass election of 1848 right?
Admittedly, I was thinking of something more recent. I may be gray around the muzzle, but Taylor v Cass was a mite before my time. Plenty of mudslinging, though...

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Admittedly, I was thinking of something more recent. I may be gray around the muzzle, but Taylor v Cass was a mite before my time. Plenty of mudslinging, though...

Something along the lines of a certain black presidential candidate who was getting some traction when someone found a few women to come forward and make unfounded allegations against him all of whom just faded back into the woodwork after he dropped his candidacy perhaps?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Something along the lines of a certain black presidential candidate who was getting some traction when someone found a few women to come forward and make unfounded allegations against him all of whom just faded back into the woodwork after he dropped his candidacy perhaps?
Well, him, too...

I was thinking of a primary election, but be that as it may, it sure seems to be a pattern.

Either there just aren't very many GOP candidates who can keep their pecker in their pants and their hands to themselves, or this is the media driven attack, standard, MK 1.n with the allegations well publicized in time to scuttle the candidate but not refuted in time to be disseminated before the vote.

I will say one thing for Pence, they won't turn him into another Wilbur Mills as long as he keeps the Mrs. close. It is the only defense against this sort of crap, and he is a rare one who realizes that.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

Well, him, too...

I was thinking of a primary election, but be that as it may, it sure seems to be a pattern.

Either there just aren't very many GOP candidates who can keep their pecker in their pants and their hands to themselves, or this is the media driven attack, standard, MK 1.n with the allegations well publicized in time to scuttle the candidate but not refuted in time to be disseminated before the vote.

I will say one thing for Pence, they won't turn him into another Wilbur Mills as long as he keeps the Mrs. close. It is the only defense against this sort of crap, and he is a rare one who realizes that.

They should all follow the Billy Graham example and never, ever, ever, be in a room alone with a woman.

Ever.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

They should all follow the Billy Graham example and never, ever, ever, be in a room alone with a woman.

Ever.
Oh I agree, at least not without someone in the next room and the door open.

But 40 years alter, how many witnesses would even still be alive, much less remember?

To put that in perspective, "Where were you on November 10, 1977, and do you remember this guy?" I have to stop and thing what State I was in...and couldn't tell you off the top of my head what day of the week it was.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:45:34 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

Oh I agree, at least not without someone in the next room and the door open.

But 40 years alter, how many witnesses would even still be alive, much less remember?

To put that in perspective, "Where were you on November 10, 1977, and do you remember this guy?" I have to stop and thing what State I was in...and couldn't tell you off the top of my head what day of the week it was.

But I would guess that a teenage girl would remember if she was assaulted or groped by a man half again her age... both where and when...

Again, I'm not saying that these women are telling the truth.  But if it did happen to them, they remember.

And if Moore never did such a thing, then he should remember as well.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Smokin Joe

But I would guess that a teenage girl would remember if she was assaulted or groped by a man half again her age... both where and when...

Again, I'm not saying that these women are telling the truth.  But if it did happen to them, they remember.

As to the first, certainly she would, if it happened. The more the event (if one occurred) was pleasant--or unpleasant, the more vivid the memories. The extremes stand out in our recollections. The ordinary tends not to.

Again, I'm not saying this isn't a complete fabrication, too.

He admitted dating the 17 year old, and 40 years ago, that was going to movies and the drive-in, not the hookup 'dating' tends to be considered today.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

As to the first, certainly she would, if it happened. The more the event (if one occurred) was pleasant--or unpleasant, the more vivid the memories. The extremes stand out in our recollections. The ordinary tends not to.

He admitted dating the 17 year old, and 40 years ago, that was going to movies and the drive-in, not the hookup 'dating' tends to be considered today.

Good point.

Today's connotation of the word "dating" (do people even say that any more?) involves far more than what dates actually were 40 years ago.

Movies and TV's dark hindsight notwithstanding, there were a lot of moral folks back then who actually didn't jump into bed with a perfect stranger like too many do now....

Offline DiogenesLamp

From TOS.   

Another Freeper found these posts on the Fox Business Facebook page that was talking about this story:
https://www.facebook.com/FoxBusiness/?ref=br_rs

Post 1: She is a liar. Some of my family was Pastor to her and she is lying 100%. We know her personally... Terrible woman! She lied on several ministers that we know.

Post 2: .... yes, it is very much so a pattern for her! she has went to various churches within our denomination and accused at least three other pastors besides an uncle of ours, making sexual advances at her. Each time that she brought it to the District board for Alabama they found her to be uncredible and she changed her story many times. Additionally, she tried to sue a pastor in one of the sections within our denomination and the Circuit Judge would not hear the case. This was around 2007 this particular incident took place.

Post 3: Our section Presbyter has been notified and has notified the proper authorities! She is 100% uncredible. This is just an attack on a good Christian man, no doubt she was promised some type of monetary benefit for her lies by someone... I know 100% that she is money hungry and I wish I could go into details of the other situations involving the pastor that she accused. I will say this though I can truthfully say that 3 times out of the four times she accused pastors that we know, she attempted to “ Make a Deal” to not go public with the accusation if she would be compensated an x amount of dollars. That is one reason why the Circuit Judge in the Civil Court dismissed her case with prejudice.

It will be pretty easy to search the Alabama Court records to see if that civil suit was filed by the accuser against a pastor around 2007 and it’s disposition. It’s game over for the ComPost when that becomes public.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3603547/posts?page=9#9

Might be crap,  but then again it might not be.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

And does no one note that none of the older teenagers are saying he touched their bras or panties or anything untoward?    Only this one woman is alleging this.  (the one who was 14 at the time.)   The other three are not.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

And does no one note that none of the older teenagers are saying he touched their bras or panties or anything untoward?    Only this one woman is alleging this.  (the one who was 14 at the time.)   The other three are not.
Yep. Only one reads like something from the letters in Penthouse Forum.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

Sean Hannity is right in the middle of a live interview with Roy Moore at this very moment.

I have to say Sean is asking the tough questions but the judge is not fielding them very well in my opinion. He does not seem to be acquitting himself well.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Sean Hannity is right in the middle of a live interview with Roy Moore at this very moment.

I have to say Sean is asking the tough questions but the judge is not fielding them very well in my opinion. He does not seem to be acquitting himself well.

Did he get any better?   How did this interview end up? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

After listening to the entire interview he did better as the interview progressed and did eventually, forcefully deny the allegations. Also he became more animated as he brought up the political aspects of the timing of the allegations. On balance, at this point though, it’s still a he said–she said for me.

Offline DiogenesLamp

After listening to the entire interview he did better as the interview progressed and did eventually, forcefully deny the allegations. Also he became more animated as he brought up the political aspects of the timing of the allegations. On balance, at this point though, it’s still a he said–she said for me.

Did you see that excerpt I posted from Free Republic where someone is alleging that this woman has done this same thing before,  multiple times?   

Supposedly the woman who posted that can be contacted,  but I don't do facebook. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

Yes, I read the posts. Veeery interesting.