Author Topic: Levin puts GOP on NOTICE: You're going to get Trump impeached!  (Read 7012 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Levin puts GOP on NOTICE: You're going to get Trump impeached!
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2017, 07:36:40 pm »
Have we all become such complete doddering fools that we've forgotten the GWB days? W was a perfect statesman and complete opposite of the rougher and cruder Trump.

And what happened? The media and the left savaged W with a firestorm of whipped up hysteria and propaganda just as loud and noisy as what they're pulling against Trump today. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

So the Reps who are hand wringing with angst and morally outraged over every little thing Trump says and does that they find not civil enough - remember that.

And we lost Congress in '06 with the perfect  civil statesman W at the helm. Why? Because of a GOP do-nothing Congress. GOP doesn't turn out. Same scenario setting up today. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Are we going to tizzy ourselves into a seizure over tweets, or demand Congress gets something done?
So now the media have upped their game. Now we have billionaires doing the 'fireside chat' thingy to go on national teevee and advocate for the people to push their congresscritters to impeach.
And, not to be outdone, the polished work of racist agitprop in the anti-Gillespie commercial which aired in Virginia, one which basically sent a message that anyone of color should be afraid for their children of white men in pickup trucks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2017, 07:41:48 pm »
I don't disagree.  Thus far, Trump's approach is to wait for a bill to magically come across his desk for him to sign, he just thought by magic, the GOP would make it happen.  It doesn't work that way.
Frankly, his campaign was just the same promises the GOP candidates for Congress were making. Little doubt he studied which promises were most important to the GOTV effort, and, frankly, said most of the exact same things: Control the Border, repeal the ACA, get oil flowing in pipelines, cut taxes, end the war on coal, build a Wall, etc.

I just think he is surprised to find out that the Congressional candidates were basically lying for votes and not in support of that agenda.  So, the bills he likely anticipated in the first 100 days failed to materialize not out of disloyalty to Trump (that never was a factor), but the fundamental perfidy of the Congress reneging on their campaign promises. 

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2017, 10:53:07 pm »
No.  Not gonna happen.

Put me on ignore if your delicate sensibilities cannot handle what I have to post.

But I am going to be loud and vociferously insistent about getting Conservatives to abandon and dump your failed party.  Your president is a national embarrassment to boot.

Translation: Invar is doing everything in his power to ensure the Dems maintain a permanent hegemony over the governance of this country. Your actions, to the extent they have any impact, serve to split everyone right of center in half while facilitating the Left in voting/governing with unanimity. We all know what you THINK you're trying to do, just as its clear to anyone with a brain that the effect of what you want to do would be the end of conservatism as a viable ideology in the United States.

And you seem to have confused the expression "loud and vociferous" with "screeching hissyfit"...they aren't the same, as there's nothing vociferous about your behavior. Petulant perhaps, juvenile...even self righteous...but clearly not vociferous.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:54:57 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2017, 11:28:07 pm »
Translation: Invar is doing everything in his power to ensure the Dems maintain a permanent hegemony over the governance of this country. Your actions, to the extent they have any impact, serve to split everyone right of center in half while facilitating the Left in voting/governing with unanimity. We all know what you THINK you're trying to do, just as its clear to anyone with a brain that the effect of what you want to do would be the end of conservatism as a viable ideology in the United States.

And you seem to have confused the expression "loud and vociferous" with "screeching hissyfit"...they aren't the same, as there's nothing vociferous about your behavior. Petulant perhaps, juvenile...even self righteous...but clearly not vociferous.

Wrong. The split on the Right is deep and wide and has been there all along.
There are Conservatives, and there are RINOs and liberal RINOs - You know... Republicans.

You've been bleeding Conservatives for a decade. More stand outside of your party than in it.
So don't be blaming @INVAR for the consequences of Republican actions.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2017, 12:00:15 am »
Translation: Invar is doing everything in his power to ensure the Dems maintain a permanent hegemony over the governance of this country.

Yawn.  So what the hell do you intend to do about it Mr. Party Pants?  Not a damn thing you can do to stop me from what I am already engaged in, unless you want to go the violence route that so many of your fellow Trump sycophants have promised out there in the netisphere.

Your actions, to the extent they have any impact, serve to split everyone right of center in half while facilitating the Left in voting/governing with unanimity.

The failed and Statist-Oligarchy in your Party has achieved that more effectively than anything I could have imagined possible.  So in a way I owe them a bit of gratitude for committing suicide as grand and as complete as they have accomplished for themselves and your party.

I will be most eager to reference the Republican Party in the past-tense, right along with the Whig Party - where it will enjoy ignominy for eternity.

In short I will be dancing on their grave given how much I wasted in time, money and effort to slave for them over the decades.

We all know what you THINK you're trying to do, just as its clear to anyone with a brain that the effect of what you want to do would be the end of conservatism as a viable ideology in the United States.

Only two-dimensional Party-Hack morons without the ability to think outside the Plantation they are slaves on think that Conservative principles can only reside within a single party or person.  If Conservatism is doomed to irrelevance, you can thank your Party and it's leadership for achieving what Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Schumer and the rest of the Marxist Cabal in the other party could never achieve themselves.

You elected a egomaniacal lifelong NY Liberal Democrat as your standard-bearer to lead a party he decided to take over for himself after it had wholly given itself over to helping the Democrats achieve their agenda.  Should Conservatism end as a viable political mindset in this country - you can thank yourself for voting for the guy that put the nail in it's coffin.

I don't give a shit what you think it is or is not.  I plan to be loud, insistent, and relentless in yanking Conservatives out of your capsized and doomed party to start anew and afresh outside the corruption of DC.  Locally - given the fruits of your party - it's been an easy thing to do with locals here.

Au Revoir!  - Buh Bye now - as I get to watch your party sink into a well-deserved historical footnote.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2017, 12:05:34 am »

Republicans have been increasingly treating conservatives with the contempt born of people who think others have no other choice.
Well, that's fundamentally wrong.

There is always a choice, and my choice has been increasingly to drift to the right of the Republican Party, relatively speaking. It hasn't required any effort, really, all I have done is stand my ground, adhere to principles and watch as the GOP has veered to port.

That doesn't mean that I haven't been vocal about the GOP's errant course, just that my words and the words of millions of others have fallen on deaf ears.

Efforts to become more involved have been met with changing meeting schedules and locations, microphones powered down during comment periods which were cut short (because the chair couldn't hear the people whose microphone had been powered down) and railroaded votes, even over the very vocal objections of people present.
This past year was the end, though, when the State GOP had neither caucus nor primary for president. I refuse to lend my support to a political entity which does not at least allow my small voice, my VOTE.
The GOP can sod off, for all I care. It has been the do-nothing party which has ineffectually mewled and sniveled excuses about why it is impotent, even when in the majority, while the leadership smugly turns ever a deaf ear to those it treats with worse contempt than the special interest groups the Democrats keep down on the farm.
The fracture has become a rift.
I will do what I can for the Constitution Party. What better Party platform than the Constitution of the United States?
Through perfidy and inaction, the GOP is killing itself, going the way of the Whigs.

C S Lewis